NEWBIES! Introduce Yourself Here so we don't miss you!

• asd4ever21  ~ and anyone else for that matter

If you have questions, ask away. You can start a new forum or post on one that might be similar to your subject. There are a ton of REALLY generous, supportive, tough lovin folks on here that are really  helpful. You can also click on the persons picture or name and it will take you to their bio. From the bio screen you can start a conversation with a particular person, or a set of people.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions. This program is FANTABULOUS and it works! Congrats on a great decision!

P.S. I turned 40 on Feb 18 of this year. My 10 week progress photo was taken about a month after that. It is listed on the media gallery of this site. 40 is AWESOME!  You can do this!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Hi there! My name is Jen and I just started week 5 of BFL. Loving the program so far. Have only missed 2 workouts in 5 weeks (we went to Disneyland but did get in a BUNCH of walking!) and have tried really hard to get my eating clean. Starting to get bored with my diet and looking for some new ideas. Other than that, life is good so far!!

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• I'm a single mom in the army, very excited and motivated to get started and wish luck to all others who are also trying to better themselves!

God Bless!

Brooke

• Where can I find the BFL weight training program?  I was very accesible on the old page!  Thanks.

• My name is Stephen. I am 31 years old.  I am week 9 of my challenge. I have eaten and worked out the body for life way for many years, but for whatever reason have never stuck to a 12 week challenge. I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and you all have been very helpful. I just thought it was time to introduce myself.

Good luck to all in there challenges.

• Newphy, I have not been able to figure that out either even with DebbieMO's instructions.  I couldn't find a button that says new post.  So, let me introduce myself here.  I am 47 yrs old and I'm in my second week.  It's been difficult because I am a night person but the only time I can be assured a consistant time to work out is 0530.  Can't say I've enjoyed getting up that early but what's funny is that it is getting easier and I am starting to look forward to it.  What is on my mind right now is, I have been doing abs only when I work lower body.  I'm considering cutting out abs on my lower body routine and doing them every cardio day.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!  Sher

SWand

• Sher-sorry my instructions aren't helping you...

Glad you are getting used to the early mornings!  I've added a set of glutes exercises to lower body and I'm doing abs on cardio days so go for it! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• lfilomeno-Are you talking about the sheets to use for the lifting? You can go to the library section under Tools and download them from there.

If you don't have the original BFL book, then I suggest you get that so you have the resource on hand!

Welcome Stephen and Brooke!! Best wishes on your challenge!

Stephen, are you a coach?? I coach volleyball and track...used to coach bball, but got to be too much. I still love the game though!

• Oh, and welcome to you too, Jen! Here's something you can try for food; ground turkey or chicken with a can of black beans and about a 1/2 to 3/4 cup of salsa...yummo! Makes about 3 portions.

• DebbieMO,

I am the high school head football coach and teacher. Thanks for asking.

• Sounds yummy Debbie. I will try it. I have made ground turkey and mixed it with brown rice, mushrooms and a little spaghetti sauce. Also yummy!!

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• testing on how to post...

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Hello!

My name is Dee. This is my 1st post.

My husband & I did BFL 10 years ago (pre wedding) and we did well and looked good for our wedding. After the honeymoon we lost our motivation and stopped. Since then we have both gained a lot of weight.

My husband always tried to get me to go back to BFL but stubborn me wanted to try other ways. Atkins, Medifast, Lean Cuisine etc. Easy way to lose weight initially, but who can eat like that forever? Eventually you will go back to normal food and then onto bad normal food. Weight gain again!

Then I thought as long as we exercised we could eat what we want. I have so many tapes & DVD's! "The Firm", but my husband does not like all the dancy moves. "Jeri Love", which we liked but eventually we got bored with. And good old "P90X". Not as great as the hype! And you eventually get sick of him and his "wacky jacks"! We experienced more soreness after starting BFL than we did starting P90X! Also, I got on a Julia Child cooking spree - yumm!!! Eating like that, we definitely found that exercise alone is not enough after age 40!

So I finally gave in and we are now on day 18 (BFL) and we both are thrilled we made this decision!

Someone once said "Whatever you do to lose weight, you must be willing to do for the rest of your life!"

Well starving myself or doing silly tapes is not it! But... BFL IS something we would both be willing to do for the rest of our lives!

So here we are! Weight loss - not so much. Energy - not so much. Feeling firmer and fitting into clothes - yes, a little bit! Feeling proud of what we are doing - YES!

We love eating real food! We love listening to good old Rock&Roll while we work out! We love our Free Day! Not so fond of "cardio" day but it's ONLY 20 min!!! My favorite day - lower body, my husbands is upper body (very typical I bet!).

My husband is 47 and is 5' 11" and he started at 205.2lbs & 28.5% Body Fat (according to our scale, he never believes the body fat part) and he is a size 34 (tight).

Today he was 202.2 & 28%.

I am 46 and I'm 5' 6" and I started at 184.6lbs & 43.5% BF (funny, that's around my husbands goal weight - I hate that thought!) and a size 14 (gettiing tight).

Today I was 181 & 43%.

So, that's our story! So, off we go to continue our journey!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Hi! My name is Jill. 44y/o. and ready for my new lifestyle. My boyfriend, Kevin is also ready. We started on 4/26/10. Will check back in.

• Hi everyone! I'm Val, 31, mother of two. Work full time, make a pretty good wife to my dear hubby (lol), and love singing and photography. I'm looking forward to rocking this challenge! I have about 30 lbs of excess "baggage" lying around on my body.  Day 1 is today for me, woooo! I'm kicking it off by running a 5K race tonight.