Hi everyone, my name is Cory and I am a 43 year old, recently remarried mother of 3 – I brought 2 daughters and he brought a son to the marriage. I am currently on day 11 of my first “real” Challenge, what I mean by that is I tried this two years ago but didn’t have as much information as I do now, especially about the week 8 miracle, and I quite on week 7 due to frustration at not seeing my stomach getting smaller and firmer and the jiggle in my upper arms firming up and going awayt. This time is different, I not only have more information and have been devouring it (the BFL book AND the Champions book as well as the BFL website and now this blog), but I also have the extra added support and encouragement of my wonderful husband and family. I have a few questions though and was hoping for some help:
1) The first time I did this it seemed like I knew a day or two after a workout that I had “worked” that area but now I am not really “feeling” anything that indicates my muscles are doing something. I have always been of the adage “no pain no gain” so when there is “no pain” I get worried, is this normal or am I doing something wrong (I am striving for my 10’s and they seem to be coming with some muscle groups and not so easily with others like my calves and my abs)?
2) I am very confused about what supplements to use, outside of the ready to drink shakes and the bars that I am consuming, for what I am trying to accomplish (fat loss, tone and increased muscle) and they are too expensive to keep buying until I get it right – Help here is more than greatly appreciated.
3) I started eating clean the week before i started the challenge so i could hopefully avoid some of the fatigue i experienced when i did BFL before and it seems to have worked except this week i have experienced such fatige, the only thing i have changed is consuming RTD Shakd Advantage Carb Control in place of the RTD Shakes that are Lite, but i wouldn't think that that would be the cause of my fatigue, i take a multi vitamin and my sleep has been a good 8 hours a night - HELP i need to decide why i can't seem to find the "energy" that i am supposed to have so i don't end up going back to some of my old caffiene habits to compensate.
4) How do you combat the “what if’s”? You know the “what if you are not doing it right, what if in 12 weeks you do not look different” etc etc – it IS frustrating that I have to just take it on faith that all my efforts are going to be rewarded eventually when I want/need to be able to tell if I am making any headway/leeway for my efforts now – I guess I just don’t want to be disappointed and I don’t want to disappoint myself and quit again………I think this is called frustration but I could be wrong :( :D
The NEWBIES thread was SOOOOO helpful THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any help/information anyone can offer.
CoryLife IS Good
p.s. i am new at this so i hope this posted ok and in the right place - OY!!!!! :) LOL
CoryLife IS GoodNot in BFL challenge currently
1. Try slowing down your movements during your reps and really focus on muscle contraction.
2. Betagen and CLA will work beautifully if you are really pushing the weights on your 10's. Betagen is a mix of creatine, HMB, L-Glutemine and Taurine all of which assist in muscle repair and growth. CLA is one of the healthy fats. Both are tried and true favs for women doing BFL.
3. If you are drinking carb advantage and not adding a fruit, you are getting very few carbs for this meal. Add a piece of fruit to the carb control shake.
4. Don't "worry" about what you can't control instead focus on your goals and what it takes to be successful. It does work. Do the program as written for 12 weeks before giving up on yourself. Stay positive and stay focused and instead of saying "what if this doesn't work" and start saying "I will do this because I have committed to myself that I would follow through to the end."
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford
Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory
Thanks Michelle i appreciate the help and advise, i clicked on your picture after i posted and "WOW" you look amazing. One more question - is there any "more" advantage to drinking the Carb Control versus just drinking the "Lite"? If not i may go back to drinking the Lite RTD Shakes.
© Abbott Laboratories,2013