Who is starting July 18th?

• So this is where SpartanMan90 hangs out!

It was a GREAT pleasure to meet him and his beautiful wife this weekend in Nashville!

Oh my..... he has quite the sense of humor.

Sorry SpartanMan but I will always think of you as Vanna!!

And how special was it that I got to be with him on day 84 and congratulate him in person???

Turns out we both live in the Atlanta area!  Seems to me we should get together sometime!

Thank you so much for your kind words about my speech.  Several people came to me afterward telling me they could relate to my story so even though I left out a bunch of stuff (the pics were moving too fast and I lost my place in my notes), I consider it a success.  Thank you for making the effort to be there and I'm so happy that you came away inspired.  I did too.  I went last year so I knew some of the people (and as you know from my pics, I know some of them very well) but it was great meeting many new folks as well.  The Body for LIFE community is what keeps me going in the right direction.

--  

Diane33 - Congratulations!!!  You did very well.  You should be so very proud of yourself.  Only 5% of the people who attempt a BFL challenge actually finish it!!!  So you're in the 5% club!!!

I'm sorry I didn't have time to read back on this thread.  Wherever you are in your journey, just continue honoring your self-promises.  Plan, plan, plan!  Take it one day at a time and you will reach your goal.

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• Kabbott - Funny you should use the word "unstoppable"..... that was the word of the weekend!!!

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• I'm here! I'm here! Sorry, I got derailed this week by neck pain and migraines! My BFL finish was more like crawling over the finish line than sprinting, but FINISHED nonetheless!

Diane and Spartanman, you look awesome! Way to go (and go and go!)

Ang, glad you're feeling better and finding your own groove for this crazy little thing called LIFE!

Hopefully I can remember how to get my photos on here. Here are my stats:

Before/After:

Weight: 171/159  (ht. 5'7")

Bust:40"/37"

Arms: 12"/11 3/8"

Waist: 38"/31"

Hips: 43"/38 3/4"

Thigh: 23 3/4" / 22 3/8"

Calf: 16"/15 3/4"

Before(above) and After (below)

I will start up again next week with the 3 days of lifting rather than 4 and 30-40 min. cardio sessions. Not sure I would call it a full-fledged challenge, but I want to see how it goes as a lifestyle without quite the level of obsessing of a challenge, if that makes sense!

• Okay, I got the photos put in my previous post, but HOW do I get them onto my profile page? It keeps telling me I don't have enough space!

Lisa

• Good Morning all! Just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who finished and to all who tried to finish.  Your results are great!  I got discouraged my last week and completely lost my motivation after losing 1 lb in 11 weeks and increasing in body fat.  But I am ready to start the challenge again.  still exercising (doing 60-90 min walks) but skipped a few after have several cake orders that I had to get done.  I work a full time job and a part time job so have to get up before work and after work to get them done.  But I am getting back on track.   Started tracking food again as of Sunday and I will probably officially start challenge again on Monday.  Thanks for all your support and I hope all of you will continue to post on this site-as I will continue to check in.  Lets stay in touch!  

• Great, fantastic job LisaPizza! Wow, I am proud of you.

Re: profile, I think you need to resize the photos to a width of 550 or less. A simple photo editor can do that, look online for one, here's one that I googled, http://www.picresize.com/

See you on the forums!

-R

• Lisa! Really shows in your face, arms and belly. 12 lbs lost- that was about a lb a week. I'm so proud and happy for you that you got good results! And from the smile on your face- you are too! Congrats! We did it!!! Whew!

• All - I jumped over the the Fearless Forum while I carry along the next segment of "Challenge Road."

I see D33 over there, if anyone is on their next one, please join in.

Lates!

-R

g..g..g...g..g.. done! ;)

• Hey everybody!  My 12 week (aka my 14th week) starts today!! I went to weight watchers w my sister yesterday and I had lost 2 lbs, for a total of about 15 since starting bfl!  I had a great cardio workout this morning and abs, and have thus far stuck to my plan

I have a wedding to go to with my sister (the twin) and there will be appetizers and free beer.  I told my sister I would drive because this is my last week (for this challenge anyway), and I don't want to ruin my BFL just so I can drink beer.  On the plus side, I am wearing a dress that I never thought I would be able to :)!     Yall have a great one!!

• My last duty of accountability - below is a screen shot of my Challenge submission.

Best of the Best to you all 7/18's!

-R

Progress, not Perfection.

• Way to go the distance, Spartanman!

You too, Twinmom, for making up your "lost" weeks!

I took all of last week off...and I mean OFF! Longest week of my life and felt like such an out-of-shape slug...just in one week! Back in the saddle yesterday. The first day IS the hardest, right???

Best wishes for everyone as they continue to pursue good health! Will pop back in occasionally to say hi.

Lisa pizza

• Hey everybody!  I am calling today my last day, because I am super slammed tomorrow and it is our anniversary.  I have never been able to post pics (I really need to borrow a 12 year old to do this for me!).  I have to say this last week has been hard.  I missed my first workout yesterday because I overslept!  But I look forward to 2 weeks of rest and hitting it hard to avoid gaining, and hopefully even losing, weight over the holidays.  I still can't believe I have done this. I was over 95% on plan with my eating, except for my free day when I always intended to just do a meal but ended up doing 2 (or more) and snacks.  

I did not switch up my weight lifting routine or my cardio like you are supposed to.  I just enjoyed getting in there and working my muscles!  I can do a straight plank now for 1.5 minutes 4 times and side planks 45 seconds.  I actually think before I eat and my sugar cravings are gone!! I have enjoyed very much getting to "know" yall, and I am sure I will see yall around this site some more!  Here are my stats:

Age 43

Height 5' 9 inches

Start weight 183, finish 168,  -15 lbs.

Smallest part of waist start 35.0, finish 30.75 inches,  -4.25 inches

Largest part of stomach  start 41, finish 37 inches, -4 inches

Hips start 45, finish 42 inches  -3 inches

Left thigh start 26, finish 24.25 inches, -1.75 inches

Right thigh start 25.25, finish 23.5 inches, -1.75

Total 14.75 inches lost.  

I know I have also lost in my chest and arms but I did not measure them in the beginning.  However, I have to buy new bras now!

I kept track of my body fat by linearsoftware.com and I don't think it is correct, but according to it I started out at 39% and ended at 30%.  I think it is lower than that and will get it measured at my gym today hopefully.  

According to linearsoftware, I have lost 21 lbs of fat (with only 15 lbs of total weight lost), and I have gained 4.5 lbs of muscle.  

This is a great program and I am so glad I did it!!

• You did it, Twinmom! Hurray for you! Great results!

Keep on keeping on!

Lisapizza

• Congratulations to everyone!!  I'm jumped onto another thread called Back 2 Back since they are starting the same time as my C2.  They seem to be a great bunch of very supportive people.  I hope you will still check in time to time and keep us posted.