Who is starting July 18th?

• Hey y'all!

I am starting my first BFL challenge on Monday, July 18th!! I'm so excited I can't stand it...but yet so nervous, too!

I'm looking for anyone else out there who is starting this date, also.

Let me hear from you : )

• Me too. We will see how it goes!  Talk to you Monday!

• I think I might. I have done it twice before but only completed 10 weeks...I must find the MOJO to make it to the end!!!

• I am actually starting July 18th as well. Tried to start (and completed a number of weeks) back in Feb/March, but I was not 100% ready for the challenge.  I didn't realize how much of a "head thing" it really is.  So I learned a LOT and am ready to go through the entire 12 weeks this time!  I would LOVE to be a part of your group!  :)

• Let's do this! I am actually gonna start on Sunday. For some reason it has been easier for me when one day is under my belt come Monday. Let's beat this "head game" ElisaAB.

• I've been trying to mentally prepare all week. Probably not the best thing to do, but I've been eating whatever I want all week in anticipation of what's coming Monday. Funny thing is that I'm sick now at the thought of fast food and looking forward to filling my body with healthy whole foods. I'm going to be planning next week's meals this weekend.

What are y'all doing to prepare?

• LetterK --

I have been preparing for about a month now... :)  I have been getting the "Eat Clean" diet books by Tosca Reno from our local library and been practicing menus, etc.  I need someone to say, "here is a great recipe, good for you and kids love it."  I don't plan on cooking more than one meal at each mealtime!  :)  Anyway, the Eat Clean diet is all about absolutely NO sugars, very low salt, and one protein, carb at each of the 5-6 meals a day.  Since there were so many similarites between eating for BFL and that, I am using Eat Clean for my meals/mealplans.  The meals just worked better for me, to be honest.  Every meal I have cooked, the kids (I have 3) and my hubby have really enjoyed.  Also, I have been getting my kids involved (ages 8 1/2, 7, and 3), saying that we were trying to eat healthier now and we were cutting out more sugars for us all, etc.  For the most part, they have all been really getting excited about helping to plan meals and try new things, etc.  (A super great recipe from the "Eat Clean for Family and Kids" book was a homemade granola bar recipe.  Turned out great!  Very yummy, and we all love having one for a little "meal/snack.")

Also, I noticed that last time I tried to complete the challenge, I did NOT plan well.  Didn't plan meals well, didn't plan workouts well, etc.  Just didn't plan well.  When I began to plan better, things were SO much easier for me!  I am planning on making me a BFL notebook this weekend, with all of my starting stats on it, measurements, etc.  Then, I will make my first week of workouts and keep those in my notebook as well.  This way, when I am sore and tired this week, I will not have any excuses for not being able to workout! :)

Don't forget...  You CAN have your favorite fast foods, ice creams, etc. again.... After all, there is that Free Day.  You won't have to feel like you are going to "do without."

Have a great day! :)

Elisa

• Good for you Elisa! Just like the saying "failure to plan and plan to fail"...I would agree a plan is much easier to stay on track. I am going to plan my meals and do my shopping later today. I am ready!!! At least, that is what I keep telling myself!

• Elisa- I need to check out the "Eat Clean" books. Sounds great.

I bought the BFL journal several years back and never used it. I am planning to keep that up for the entirety of the challenge. I'm worried about not being able to remember the workout sequence while I'm at the gym. Are y'all planning on taking a notebook with you? I want to do that, but don't want to look like an idiot either...studying my book : )

I am going to do bodyfat measurements tomorrow. Never done that before. Before pictures will be taken tomorrow as well...if I feel brave, I may just post them on here.

Have a great weekend!

Ky

• Sk -- You ARE ready! Don't give yourself any negative talk! :)

Ky- You made me laugh. ... Last time, here I was, going to the gym on base (Army base).  Bringing my little book and sheet of paper so I knew what to do and write down each time!  Many times, I was the only female in the room, with a bunch of big, cut guys, benching 300 pounds, etc.  I felt like the biggest dork! :)  I am sure I will do that again, just b/c I won't remember what I will need to be doing! :) (Also, I won't remember what I did!) :)

I, too, will be taking my "before" pics tomorrow.  Not too sure if I'll be posting them yet. We'll see.

Elisa

• Hey everybody,

I am new and tried the BFL years ago But did not finish it. I know it was working because of how good I felt and started to loose weight. Well, I guess I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired at 44. I have gained so much weight, and been through relapsed alcoholism, divorce,etc.ugghhhh....It is time for me to choose a path.

Anyway, I am going for it on Monday 7-18-11!

• Alright Chicas! Clean food in the fridge, journal ready, before photos taken, measurements taken and just about to work on my food plan for tomorrow and upper body workout. I need to start tomorrow. For some reason Monday's are easier for me with one foot in the door. So excited for our little group of women too!  

• Puff2buff-  Happy to have you join us!  :)

SK-  I'll be doing my pics tomorrow...  I still haven't decided on posting or not.  ...  Good luck on your workout tomorrow, let us know how you do. :)

Have a good evening y'all!

Elisa

• I completely agree.  I am sooooo tired of being sick and tired.  It seems that after one turns forty, the body shuts down.  Well, Im now 43 and have tried so many things.  I did body for life about 10 years ago and although didnt lose many pounds, I went from 38% body fat to 23%.  The workout outs are so bad and I have been doing the 20 min run for over a month.  Im ready to commit to this challenge.  With everything you have been through I know this will be a great challenge for you-for the mind and the body.  Good luck to you and keep us all posted on your progress as I hope to also do.  

• I am beginning the 18th too.  Hopefully we will all be able to say we made it on the last day.