Where am I starting ??

• Im in Canada so it looks like im not allowed to do the challenge if im reading it right.

Ive got to do something, im unhealthy 6'2 330 pounds and gaining.

Nothing works for me, the harder I try to lose waight the more I gain.

The pre planned meals and grocery lists are what I need... with a structured diet I might be able to lose some pounds.

Im just not sure where to start. I see a 'week one' meal plan... are there other weeks as well ?? Should I start with this plan or or there other plans I should be starting with ??

I was looking at the grocery list... it looks good, the only downside I see is im in the middle of nowhere and we just have one little grocery store and im pretty sure it doesnt carry half that stuff... so im going to have to improvise.

Well I dont have any other options... its pretty much get in shape or die. So here we go. 

• You've come to the right place.

I would first suggest you get the book.  Body for Life is a book by Bill Phillips.  You can get it used on Amazon.com or half.com for cheap.  That will take you through the foundation of the plan.  

Also, you can join the contest.  It's open to the US and Canada.  And...even if you couldn't (we have people here from all over the world), that wouldn't matter.  You can still do the plan.  

The meal plan on the site is nothing more than some suggestions.  

You'll have 6 meals per day.  Each meal will include a carb and a protein.  The protein is the size of the palm of your hand, without fingers and no thicker than a deck of cards.  The carb is the size of a clenched fist.  At least 2 meals should include a veggie.  

Just a sample of proteins: chicken breast, turkey breast, bison, eggs, fat free cottage cheese, Greek yogurt

Just a sample of carbs: oatmeal, brown rice, fruit, sweet potatoes

I like protein shakes for the convenience.  

You can absolutely do this.  We are here to support you.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• YOU CAN DO IT!!!  The ONLY thing keeping you from doing it, is well, YOU!   You have to plan, you have to follow the routines, you have to do it.  If you do, and you can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say you did everything by the book, you WILL lose weight and gain muscle.  It's that's 'simple'.

Now, get the book, and DO IT!!

• Online store with home delivery.. is it an option?

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Driving out further and then buying in bulk could work too.  Even a small freezer can hold many chicken breasts.  I think the sample meal plan on here sometimes make people think they need to eat that menu.  It's just an example.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thank you for the support and advice! So far im quite impressed with BFL. I am deffinatly going to get the book. Im going to be on the road a lot for a few weeks then I plan to get down to business in August.

The closest place I should be able to get some of the more exotic ingredients is about three hours drive, but its worth it. I didnt think of online order but that might work for a lot of it as well.  It also didnt occur to be that the weekly meal plan could be adjusted to suit my needs if need be, ill look into that as well. A friend of mine from the fire department swears by BFL and mentioned it too me. This should be good!