Anyone else starting on July 10/11, 2011?

• Hey everyone,

I'm planning on starting on July 10th (I really like having Saturday for my free day) so I wanted to see if there were others starting on either the 10th or 11th who want to do a challenge together.  This will be my 4th challenge and find that its so much easier when you share your experiences, difficulties and encourage each other to make sure everyone gets through it together!

Its time to start planning and preparing so you kick off the challenge well!

John

• Hi John,

I really miss the BFL board.  I'll start on Sunday with you.

Patty

We have the rest of our lives to perfect this....do your best and forget the rest!

• Patty- That'll be fun. At this point its not a real challenge without you :)

I'm ready for some ab ripper x!

How's P90X treating you?

• Well thank you John!  How was your vacation?

I have this love/hate relationship with P90x... it takes too much time! I knew this going in but it is becoming a problem. I have missed workouts because I can't schedule the 1 hour and 15 minutes (30 on yoga days) every day. I miss the gym terribly and I really miss doing HIIT.  Plyo is fun but why jump around for an hour if I can sweat even more in 20 minutes?  I also realized how much I miss the interaction on the board. I can't seem to find the same kind of support on Beach Body. Ab ripper x has become my friend. My abs look pretty awesome if I may say so myself.  So I will continue using that sequence for my abdominal work.  I will be adding more push up and pull ups to my upper body workout... I still want to be able to do some unassisted pullups by September.  

What are your goals this time around?  

We have the rest of our lives to perfect this....do your best and forget the rest!

• My wife and I will be starting on Monday, the 11th for the first time. I am looking forward to the challenge

• Fantastic newsguy23! The first time I did BFL I did it with my wife and it makes it so much easier when you have someone to do it with. Nothing like having someone there to encourage you at all times. Do you have any questions as you get ready to kick it off?

Patty- I really want to work on my abs and lose about 4% more bodyfat. I think that's what I need to be able to have good definition in the abs.  I also want to gain more strength and maybe increase my benchpress by 10-15%. I agree about your statement on time comment of P90X.  They are fairly long videos and hard to fit in during the day.

• Hey, may i join in as well..? Im looking to start on the 11th round 3 for me.. wrapped up c2 this past saturday taking a week AR and cant wait to get back on the grind.. :-)

• Hey, Island Dude ;-)

The husband and I will be starting our second challenge on Sunday.  Happy to see that someone already started a thread.

Looking forward to getting back into it... this last month, we kinda petered out (getting sick, work, life, etc), but we were able to maintain our lowest weights in years without steadily going to the gym.  

Can't wait to see how things will turn out this challenge.

Happy Thursday, all =)

• Wonderful Newsguy23!  I look forward to helping you and your wife any way possible.  John is also very knowledgeable, so don't be afraid to pick his brain .... I always do.

Aloha Island Dude & welcome KrisWard :) --  what are your goals this time around?

• Hey Kris and Island Dude- I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys over the next 12 weeks :)

Patty I'm winding down vacation. I think I had too much fun so I'm ready to go! I'm really looking forward to kicking this off.

• Ok, I'm jumping on this thread, even though I'm starting today!  :)  Good luck everyone!

• Welcome bp8runner! I'm very excited to have you join us!

• Welcome bp8runner :)

• Hi all,

I am excited there are people who can answer questions out there and work with me!  I am starting my first challenge on 7/11...My priority goals are to lose 30 lbs of body fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle.  I am 5'10" and 200lbs right now...Mostly because my job has switched over the last 3 years and I sit behind a desk everyday now.  My first questions to the group are do the free eating day and rest day from working out have to be the same day?  Does anyone do weight training solely at home?  DO you eat before weight training or how soon after both weight training and cardio should I eat?  Thanks so much and I apologize if the answers are in the book, I will reread it again before I start!  Thanks!

• Welcome Mawgs.  Congrats on making the decision to take on the challenge. Here is my opinion on your questions.

Do the free eating day and rest day from working out have to be the same day?

I have always followed the eating and rest day on the same day. I honestly don't see any reason why you can't have two different days. If it works for you why not give it a try. I will tell you that most people get sick on their free days.  Most will eat food that they haven't eaten the whole week or eat too much. Although it is a free day I personally wouldn't go crazy, I personally like to have at most two cheat meals and the others will be normal BFL meals. I think you will feel better if you decide to watch your free days but this is a personal choice.  After a few weeks you will stop craving certain foods, especially ones filled with sugar.  

Does anyone do weight training solely at home?

It is very possible to do your weight training at home as long as you have the proper equipment.  Having multiple weights available is a must.  I picked up a weight bench with 225 lbs of weights at a local garage sale for $25. This allows me to workout at home but I personally enjoy going to the gym. 

Do you eat before weight training or how soon after both weight training and cardio should I eat?

Depending on how I feel I will sometimes have something before I workout.  A before workout snack for me would be one slice of Ezekiel bread with almond butter and a few slices of bananas.  My understanding is that bananas are a no no on BFL, I personally love them so I include them in my daily intake. Usually 1/2 in my morning smoothie and the other 1/2 throughout the day.  

After weight training, I make a protein shake and take it in within 30 minutes of completing my session. I did follow the book and use to wait an hour after cardio before I ate. Since most people do cardio in the morning, they usually eat breakfast an hour afterwards.