MMBs (May Mod Bods) Roll Call--Who's still here after week one?

• I hope you're all still here!  I've had a great first week +.  I've stayed on plan 100% for both diet and exercise.  I feel good, although I'm sore pretty much all the time ; )  I just got a shipment of protein powder yesterday and you would've thought Christmas came early this year. I'm excited to try the flavors--oranges 'n cream, and strawberries 'n cream.  I will let you all know how they taste.

Send a little note to let us know you're here and how you're doing, what obstacles you might need help with, etc.

• Still here.  

I have made every workout and been on target with my diet.  I had a great free day Memorial Day.  I had some ice cream, but was sweating bullets playing volleyball and being generally active.

Obstacle:  Eating less.  I like to eat.  Eating every 2 hours helps.  I know at least my next small meal is soon.  

• Still here. Week two. Think I need to rejoin the gym. Not enough swifts at home. Need more of a challenge. I am going to sign up for a 5k that is on august 6. Hoping my husband will join in!  I think I am eating too much! It feels like a constant feed. Every 3 hours is a lot. Looking forward to my morning run. Glad you are still here.

Chris

• I mean weights. Missed a letter!

• Still here, finished my LBWO today, realized that I'll need to increase the weights to match my intensity

Now gotta just eat well and take my measurements

Keep it up everyone!

~Marqui D.  C2W1D3

• Also still here.  My body is slowly starting to adjust.  Yay!!

I have been on track 100% for both workouts, diets and water, but even with my fistfuls of protein and carbs, I get hungry an hour later!  Maybe my fists are too small?!

I do my workouts when I get home from work so I have to eat first thing when I get up.  I have a hard time with this so I just have a shake and a piece of fruit.  

Had a good free day.  Went for Dim Sum and had 8 Almond M&M's.  Didn't want to eat a bunch of crap and undo all the work I had just done.  I found I am actually not craving anything so far.  Not even candy, which I love.  But that might change when PMS kicks in.  Here's hoping that I don't give in!!

Have a great week everyone!!

• I. Think my fists are too big. Feel fat today! I feel better after card. Looking forward to 430 am! That is just sick! But I am. Enjoying running.

Chris

• Beep beep.. still here... It's going well. I am being driven mad with sore muscles. Was trying to grab onto the rail on the underground and it hurt like hell I decided it might be easier if I just let go and fall lol.

Hey WLDR_GRL, it you are still hungry, up your veggie portions. Especially the ones that don't count towards calories. I used to be raving with hunger the first few days till I did that.

Can't wait for free day Friday, I have a date with a naughty mature Roquefort cheese slice in a sesame white bun. [dreamy twinkle in her eyes] lol

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Thanks Ruby4444!  I will try that and see if it helps.  

• I second the veggies helping.  

Chewing gum or having herbal tea with Stevia helps tie me over until the next meal.  HUGE help!

• still here!  I seem to be having the opposite problem as some people... I find it hard to eat 6 meals a day! i am just not hungry enough. I wind up making 2 of my meals more like "snacks" just so i can eat 6 times a day. other than that it is great, i keep improving every time i do cardio, which rocks!

keep on keepin' on MMB's!

• It was tough to get to my cardio workout (mentally) since it is so easy to quit.  Who would know.

Then what motivated me was everyone here.  I could feel the silent cheers and I know everyone else is pushing themselves.  I also thought of Tornado and Tsunami victims throughout the world.  Any tragic thing can happen anywhere, the question is will you be strong enough to help.  I figure it's best to be thankful and the best way I can help those in need is to prepare myself to be strong.

So I got to it.   Afterwards it felt great!   It's always going to be tough to get things going, but I know the MMB's are counting on each other.  12 weeks....what's 12 weeks!?!  I WANT 12 weeks 84 days under my belt.  So far I've got 4 days in the bag!   I want more!!

Keep it up everyone!!   ~Marqui D.  C2W1D4

• Marqui D - Some days are harder than others.  It would be so easy to throw in the towel.  I had a crappy day at work today and wanted to do nothing more than come home, sit on the couch and watch TV.  But that's what I have been doing and it got me fat and lazy.  So I forced myself to do my upper body workout.  I'm glad to did your workout and I'm glad I did mine.   Commitment and perseverance.  :)

Chelsea0704 - I found that listening to music with a good, fast beat helps with cardio.  Congrats on the continuing improvements!!

Go MMB'ers!!

• I'm browsing the net looking for exotic foods with very low calories for when I need to feel full without adding too many calories. Today is my free day. I have indulged in a LOT of blue cheese. I don't feel like binging or overeating. But I am gonna have to eat what I was craving all week (chocolate, cake, and prawn toast). It's funny.. now when I can eat them, I don't want to eat them!!!

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Hi all, Just checking in again.  

I also wanted to get some pats on the back!  My father-in-law is visiting for his 71st birthday this weekend and we had a big dinner with cousins, etc. tonight.  I cooked my favorite--a giant mexican feast--tacos, taquitos, quesadillas, rice, guacamole, the works.  Everyone else chowed down and I can't believe the amount of food that disappeared off the table!  But for myself, I made a small piece of fish, put it in a whole wheat tortilla with spinach and tomatoes, and added one small spoonful of avocado (my healthy fat for the day).  It was delicious and filling.  Everyone finished their feast with cake and ice cream--I had none, but served myself a yummy cottage cheese and yogurt mixture for meal #6 after everyone was gone.  I'm so proud--I didn't even eat one single tortilla chip (my weakness) despite preparing and serving food for almost two hours straight!

I also exceeded my cardio goal for today--I made it 6.25 miles and burned over 300 calories in 20 minutes on my stationary bike.

I made a commitment to myself that I would not step on the scale until the end of week 4, the end of week 8, and then the end of the challenge.  I have had a very negative habit of weighing myself daily in the past and really wanted to kick that habit.  So far so good.  I don't know how I'm doing on fat loss/muscle gain yet, but I pulled a pair of capri pants out of the closet today that I hadn't been able to wear at all last summer and today they fit great.  

I'm not trying to sound like I've got it all figured out (far from it), but I had a really positive day today and wanted to share it with my "team."  

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend!