Starting May 30th - Lets do this together - " Gettin Better All The Time" - Join this group!

• Hi everyone,

I start tomorrow too!

I bought the book about 10 years ago but never did the program. Then lost the book. I mentioned the program to my partner and she bought the book for me (which is motivating in it's own way..)

I'm 44 years old with teenage daughters. I am in a complete rut with exercise but I do enjoy it, unfortunately I enjoy eating too much too... So whilst I can run 5 miles in 45 minutes or so I'm 197 lbs and 5'8" tall. I'm a long way from where I want to be. It'd be good to get support from here. I think the eating part will be the hardest for me especially as I work shifts, either a night or a day, 12 hours, 7-7. It's gonna need some planning.

Bcbehs.

• Hi Shelley!!

I am so glad that somebody else is starting on 5/30 because so am I!  I have 4 children,  a 2 , 3, 5 and 7 year old.  I'm looking like I'm expecting my 5th but I'm really not... it's so sad that I've stopped taking care of myself... but I'm ready to now.  I have about 20lbs to lose and am ready to take on a new way of eating...

Let's support eachother!  

• Hi Juggler,

I am so proud of us... we can really do it.  I'm so happy that there are people ready to begin.  I know I can't live another day like this... seriously.  I'm so addicted to sugar that it's pathetic and I can't stop napping.  I know this will work... I completed the challenge before I had my four children, and I couldn't believe the progress that I made.  It was amazing.  I can't wait to do it again!

• Hi Bcbehs!

Yay! I am so excited! We need to support each other!

Shelley

• HI WannaBeLean!

sweet! Those are young children, that is so great that you are taking care of yourself.

Shelley

• Hi Shelley,

I'm so glad you started this.  I'm in Delaware, working hard.  I joined a Y here for the pool in the summer and thought I've got to use the gym too... you know?

Where are you?  and did you say you had children too?

• Hi Everyone

I am starting Tuesday.. I know I should start Monday, but I don't want to mess up on the first day with all the bbq food.  I just turned 39 and have 2 children 7 and 8.  I need to get healthy and be a good role model for them.

Dana

• Hello my name is Micha,

I once did Body For Life for three whole weeks and had the most amazing thing happen, at the end of my three weeks i could fit both of my arms into my jeans and had to trow them away ...my jeans that is lol

THE PROBLEM....i got prego right at the end and stopped all ..that was 10 years ago now and i have packed on some more pounds from medication's bad choices and no exercise.

I have always felt that this was the program but just have not done the things i need to do to make it work again so i guess you can say i really do know what to do just not doing it. YET

I am 41 and so need to change my life ,i have four boys that are 20 ,21,16,and 9 and they have herd me say i'm going to change for years i just had one return from a two year mission in Brazil and he returned to a even bigger momma then when he left and even asked why one night when i told him my pile of cloths on my bed are from me changing five times before i go somewere ..IT HURT

I don't want to do this anymore i want to look like i did before i started haveing children that have been the best thing in my life but not the best thing on my body, i'm ready to start and i can give you all some hints on what to eat on body for life,its the best out there and we are in the right place so lets rock it together and get this done, THREE WEEKS AND YOU WILL SEE IT BIG TIME... Im exited to start and having this support just might be what we have all been missing.

Micha

• Hi Micha,

Your story sounds so familiar to me!  I did body for life before too and it was absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me.  I think that we might go to the same church - are you LDS?  I'm 35, a stay at home mom of 4.  Busy, trying hard to take care of myself - I tired of being sick and tired... you know?  My oldest is 7 (3 boys then 1 girl) and the boys wear me out!  I know I would be able to hang with them better if I would just exercise and eat right.  Now it's time to make changes.  I'm so happy I'm not the only one starting this tomorrow!!  

So good luck to you and let's help eachother!!!

Erin

• I'm in! 43 going on 44 and ready to make a difference! I have always been a runner, and eat well, but just too much of things, and I am a snacker...! I am really motivated and hope this program makes the difference for me. I started 5 days ago, but am officially starting tomorrow. Let's go! :)

• Wow this is great there is a whole little group of us now.  I am already mid way through my first day, advantages of being in Australia I guess!

• Hi You guys! Okay! Tomorrow is the official start day! I ordered and have the Body For Life Journal, it tells me to write down my goals and much of what is on this site. Also, helps me to plan what I will eat and do tomorrow for food and exercise! Be sure to check in with us throughout the day. Tell us how you are doing!

• Hi Everyone!

My name is Melissa. This is my 3rd challenge. ( didn't do to well on the other two- but oh, well, gonna start again!).

I'm 49 with a college son and a high school daughter. AND if I do this right,  hubby will be along for the ride without even knowing it!  This time my goal will be my consistency to do the program without picking and choosing what I feel like that day. What I cook to eat EVERYONE will eat too. No more 3 different meals at a time. That burned me out !!!

• Hi group!  I am starting tomorrow also.  I've done the program about 10 years ago and had great results.    My name is Teresa and I am 31 years old.  I work very odd shifts at work so planning time to exercise is the hardest part for me.  What a great group we have here to support us through our journey.  Good luck to everyone!

• Finished Day one with success! I printed off the sample week one meal plans as well as the recipes and am going to stick to only what I am told to eat for the first week! :) The protein pudding was great! My workout went well today despite trying to figure out which weights to adjust to! Tomorrow I'll be up early do get in my cardio day! Good luck everyone!