Is there anyone doing BFL in the UK

• Hi

I started BFL on 09th May for the second time.  Last time was 2 Years ago, but i let things slide and here i am back to where i started.  Would love it if anyone from the UK is doing this, to help me along.

• Hi Ziva,

I am doing it. I am in Birmingham. Where in the UK are you? I lost 24 Pounds on it in the first cycle. I started my second cycle last week. Would love to give each other support, exchange info, etc. Cheers.

Courage isn't lack of fear. It's our ability to carry on despite our fear

• Hiya Ruby4444,

I live in York.  Well done you for losing 24 pounds that is fantastic.

I started 3 weeks ago, at 11st 3lbs and hopefully by Saturday i will have lost 6lbs.  so a fantastic start.  Have you gone straight into cycle 2 or did you have a break in between?

When I finished my first cycle (2 years ago) I thought i would do the same, but never did and i wish i kept at it, as I feel so much better exercising and eating small portions rather than eating 3 big meals a day and sitting watching the box drinking wine every night (well almost).

What words of wisdom do you have to share?  How and when do you exercise and do you use a gym?

bev

•  

This is an impressive loss. You are way ahead of me.  

How do you exercise? I am 38, how old are you -if you don't mind me asking? What's your goal being on BFL i.e., lose, gain muscle, etc.?

Ruby

• Hi Ruby

Thanks for your words of wisdom, it has been a help.  I think that is where I went wrong and continue to go wrong, I am seeing this as a 12 week journey.  The last time I couldn't wait for it to finish, same here actually.  I think this time though, its because I want to see the end result NOW, I want the toned, fit and slim body and can't wait to get it.  I will have to change my mind set I think.  I know that at the end of this journey if I dont keep up the good work, I will be right back where I started AGAIN.  An unhappy size 14 (UK size, not US for anyone readying this not from UK) rather than a slim UK12 or even fingers crossed a, dare I say it, 10.

Again well done you Ruby 48 lbs is fantastic, true inspiration.  I admire you for going to the gym 6 days a week even when not on the program.  Unfortunately, unlike you I dont work from home, I work long days Mon-Thur.  We have 2 big dogs as well, so my cardio days start at 6am, taking the dogs out for a walk, back to do cardio, to give me plenty of time to shower and pretty myself up for work.  I couldn't face 20 mins on a treadmill after a long day at work, although doing weights after is not a problem. Strange.

I am 42 by the way, although 25 inside :-)  My goals would be to lose at around a stone of fat, no more as at 42 any major weight loss ages your face, to be fit and to have lovely muscle tone.  What I want more than anything is to look in the mirror and be happy with my reflection, oh and to go clothes shopping, its a joy at size 10/12, not so much when you are 14.

What are your goals?  How much weight do you want to lose, or rather what weight, size do you want to be?

Keep up the good work.  Are you on facebook?

Bev

• hi Bev,

I will put a profile on facebook soon and send you the add.

• Yes please forward me the details of the age reversal please, sounds interesting.  Every little helps.  So how has your weekend gone?  My free day was Sat and had a salad for lunch......What is going on there then.  I must say after my free day I find it hard to climb back on the wagon although I do it, Sundays can be a bit of a struggle.  Do you feel the same?  I couldn't do what that guy is doing by not having a free day, it gives you something to focus on especially when your workmate has bought you a choccie bar and you politely decline knowing that you can have 3 if you wanted them if only you wait 3 days or whatever.

So cardio done for today, 1/4 of the way there already, yippeeeee.

take care and enjoy.

Bev

• I hope your BFL is still going well. Take care.