Trying to start

• I had every intention of starting last week...didn't...I just can't seem to get motivated. I have my stuff in the car ready to take to the gym, but I just go home. I have the book, I have started to read it...just cant  take that next step. The thing is, I need to. I have a serious knee problem that may or may not get better if I lose the weight (at least 50 pounds) 3 of my doctors have told me to get the weight off. I have a very stressful job that doesnt allow me to eat at regular intervals ( some days I am lucky to get luch) I do have fruit and the shake powders...its just the getting it started that I have a problem with. I also have read in 4 different articles that it is best to workout 1st thing in the morning...I have to be up at 5:45 just to make it to work on time, so working out at this time is not an option.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Thanks

MB

• Just signed up, gonna start tomorrow. I have already lost 60 and I my joints thank me every time I walk so there is a good chance your knee will get better once you drop the weight. Make sure you have a small meal 1-2 hours before you leave work that way you have energy to make it to the gym and do not go home first go straight to the gym.

Also if your gym has classes it is good to get involved with something like that because it makes it easier to get started with a ready made routine and an instructor to help you along.

• No-one can make this happen for you; you have to make it happen for yourself.  There are days in the summer months that I am up at 4:30 to get my workout in because it is a priority to me.  If you can take a small cooler to work, you can take plenty of foods to eat during your stressful day (yogurt, cottage cheese, bars, shakes, fruit/veggies, sandwiches, etc....).  When I read your post, I just see a lot of excuses why you can't.  I think you need to sit down and write a list of all the ways you can make it happen and make yourself a priority.  You deserve this, but only you can make it happen for you!  There is no time better than now to start taking care of yourself!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I am in full agreement with BDmom. .

• I think the importance of the morning  workout is that you get it in.  You dont have the whole day to make excuses to skip the workout.  

Results wont really differ if your workout is at another time (so long as you don't skip).

Jump in, I just started yesterday.  You can make it happen if you really want to.  Many people with the same situation have made this work.

I would search around the forum to see how others have solved the time management problem.

I also have to get creative with workout times.  I am up at 5:00 am for work as it is.  

I take a little extra time at lunch to get a work out in if I miss the morning.  My work weeks are usually 50+ hours so this isnt a problem.  I am lucky in that the owners of the company understand this and give me the freedom to do this.

I have come to find that the word doesn't come to an end and the company still runs if I am not there for an hour and a half a few days a week.

So...welcome aboard, good luck, and get started.

• I am a funeral director, so it is a bit difficult for me to come in late, it just isnt tolerated by my company.  Sometimes I dont get the opportunity to schedule my appointments so there are days when I come in and find out at a moments notice that am meeting with a famiy and then ther are days when I have to go directly to a funeral...I am trying to get my meals sorted out...so far so good....workouts...well thats another story...

• Hello all! Let me put it this way. I work for retail sales, therefore work long hours. Specially the last week of the month(like right now) I have to be here Monday-Saturday from 9am-9pm. I cant work out in the morning because have to take kids to school and come straight to work, since my wife cant take them(she goes in at 5am to work). So, sometimes I dont get to the gym until 930-10pm. The most important thing is that I decided to change my body, I am tired of looking at all this guys at the beach showing off their amazing bodies, whenever I know its my decision to have one of my own. I am on my 11th week and so far, have only skip 2 workouts because I got stuck with a customer at work and the gym closed on me. Do not tell me your job is too stressful or about the long hours, like BDMOM said, it just sounds like a lot of excuses. If you havent made the decision to change for the better and live a healthier lifestyle for you and your family, then their is nothing we can tell you that will change that. I really hope you put your excuses aside before your health gives you a true wake up call. Good luck!

• Retail isnt like dealing with death. and I am not making excuses, you all have no idea how hard and yes stressful it is to deal with death and emotional people on a daily basis. I get to the gym when I can. Ify ou have never had to sit across from a family that has just lost their child you dont know...

• morning workouts are not a must, so just work out in the evenings/whenever you have time. i haven't done a single "5am" workout and have had great results.