Beginning a New Challenge April 18, 2011!! Who's with me?!

• I'm starting my second BFL Challenge and I need a eager, motivated group to take the challenge with me!   I'm looking to shed about 8% or more of my bodyfat in 12 weeks and make this Transformation happen!!

Quit World of Warcraft, Quit Diet Coke, Quit Processed foods, Started Body For Life and got healthy.

"DING!"

• Hey Shoshie, I'm there with you. I did a challenge years ago and have gained back so much weight. I started working out regularly a few weeks ago, but was wanting to do a challenge to set goals. Glad to see your post here.

• Hi djbeth!  

Great to have you on board!  This will be my second challenge too.  My first one went through Jan 3- March 21.  I did great and gained a lot of muscle but didn't lose much fat at all.  I've got a new trainer and a new dietitian on board this time so here's hoping they can help take me to the next level!

Today I'm going grocery shopping to get ready for Monday.  I'm really hoping I can get some Salmon on sale!  I also need to write out my goals and share them.  I got the BFL success journal again since that helped me a lot my first challenge.

Thanks for joining me!

Let's do this!

-Shoshie

Quit World of Warcraft, Quit Diet Coke, Quit Processed foods, Started Body For Life and got healthy.

"DING!"

• Hi Shoshie,

This will be my 2 C as well and I lost 20.5 lbs. and am not where I want to be either. I wanted to start on the 4th but life just got in the way and now I'm ready to do it all again to the end this time as a Vegan. So your support will greatly be appreciated. Let' Do It.

Claude

• Welcome Claude!  

I wanted to start on the 4th too but I just wasn't mentally ready.  I'm going to be inviting my friend Z to this board soon and she's a vegan too!  In fact I'll send her the link to the thread right now. :)

"DING!"

• Hi!

I did a BFL challenge many years ago and really enjoyed it. Now after 2 kids I am ready to do it again. I am going to start 4/18 too. Just had my husband take pics - YUCK!!!! On my way to the grocery store now. I also need to write out my goals later today.

Kathie

• Hi Kathie!  Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard!

"DING!"

• Hey all, let the transformations begin!

• I started today!   I woke up this morning and found myself sitting at the table drinking a glass of Coca-Cola.  Half way through, I got up and poured it in the sink and said ENOUGH.  I started a challenge this time last year but did not finish.  I made it to around Week 8 and went on a few summer vacations and went back to all my terrible habits.  I was doing really well and at one point had lost about 15 lbs.  I feel horrible now....I'm back up to my original weight plus a few pounds.  I've let a very stressful year take over my goals and it's time to regain control of my life.  Glad to have some company along the way!

• WOOO!!  Way to go CC!  I quit all soda a year and four months ago. I was literally addicted to Diet Coke to the point where I would drink it in replacement of meals.  When I quit I went cold turkey and had to go through about two weeks of caffeine withdrawl.  I tried it again after two weeks but it just tasted like chemicals.  Today the only carbonated beverage I ever drink is La Croix sparkling water.

Anyway I'm really glad to have you on this challenge with us.  We can do it!

-Shoshie

"DING!"

• I am addicted to the pure sugar Coca Cola Classic version!  It's the worst habit, I know.  I will lose 10 pounds by the end of the month, simply by giving it up.  I know that and yet I've kept drinking it.....why?   I've got to figure that out this time.....for good!  Along with a lot of other things!  

I get a LOT of motivation from having others to talk to along the way.  Hope to keep in touch!

• Hi Soshie,

I just signed up to the website today, bought the book a couple of weeks ago, loved it.

I have now got myself organised. Bought the exercise gear, re-stocked with food and had a few days trial last week. Today is my "official start day".

I am now 46 years old and I know I cant "get away" with my lifestyle anymore. My mind is still very young and active but over the years my body far less so.

I want to lose 12 kg over the 12 weeks which is about 26 lbs

If I can help please let me know because I will certainly need support along the way.

• Count me in! It has been a long, long, loonnnng time since I did a BFL Challenge. Had a lot of success ten years ago losing 20lbs in 8 weeks, but then gave up for reasons unknown. Needless to say I gained back that 20 and a lot more. I'm turning 40 in October and I figure with two rounds of BFL under my belt, I will be well on my way to reaching my fitness goals. Good luck, everyone!

• Good morning crew!!  Day 1 has officially begun!  

This morning I had an omlette with 1 yolk an 3 whites, red bell pepper and spinach.

I would love some suggestions for breakfast ideas because I cannot tell you how tired of eggwhites and oatmeals I am!!

@Imstella I'm going to be 40 in November! In fact it's one of my goals to be fit for my 40's.  I spent most of my 30's being overweight and out of shape and I feel like I owe it to myself to be healthy now.

@Duneira  Glad to have you with us!  I think the trial days were a great idea.  It helps you get into the mindset of training.  

So tomorrow I'm going with my personal trainer to get Metabolic Testing done.  Sounds fancy but what it basically is, is they will find my RMR (resting metabolic rate) which will show how many calories I burn when my body is completely at rest.  Since I'm not supposed to do any strenuous exercise 48 hours prior to testing today is going to have to be my Free day for exercise.  They will also be doing a VO2max test which will measure how much oxygen my body uses when doing various levels of exercise.  

My trainer said he'll be able to tell where I burn my calories, carbs, fat or muscle and will be able to utilize this info to make a very customized plan for me.

I followed the BFL plan by the book my last challenge and I didn't lose the fat% I was hoping for.  Hopefully with this customization of the BFL plan I'll be able to get where I want to go this time.

"DING!"

• Wow, you're getting fancy with the trainer and metabolic testing!  I hope you find some valuable info to tweak your program to work for you.

I have to go about this the bare bones way for now.....which is kinda why I like BFL....no measuring, no calorie counting, no expensive athletic activities.  We are on a tight budget with me staying home with the 3 kids, so I quit my upscale health club where i was paying $160 a month and I joined Planet Fitness down the street from my house for $10 a month.  Can't beat that!  No classes or anything, but when you are doing BFL, all you need is the weights and machines.  I felt like I was throwing away a lot of money because during BFL I was taking a break from things like yoga, dance and aqua classes.  I love it that I can just quickly do a 20 minute HIIT on cardio days and be done!  Cheaper and more efficient. The name of the game for me right now!  

Breakfast ideas.....my best breakfast idea was to abandon the concept of breakfast and just eat things that I liked no matter what time of day it was.  Just because it's morning doesn't mean it has to be a bagel or a pancake or an omelette.  My coworkers used to laugh at me when I was opening a can of tuna at 9 AM but hey, whatever works!   This morning I had a small lean ground beef patty (which is a HAMBURGER!) for "breakfast".