How to start?

• Hi.  I did the BFL about 6 years ago with great results.  I have bought 2 of the books (which of course now I cannot find).  I have been doing the TNT program with no results, and really want to get back to what I know will work. 

On small problem...I cannot remember what the original program is except for eating 6 times a day.  I have hunted all over the website, and cannot seem to find what the original program is.  I really don't want to buy the book yet again.  Is there somewhere I can read the guidelines?  I found the recipes, meal plans, sample days, etc, but I am looking for what you need on a day to day...if I remember it was so many meats, so many vege's, fruits, etc.  Just cannot remember what. 

I am going to start the chalange today, even though I have lost 12 pounds this year on other diets.  Just figured I would start here.

Thanks

• Hi, I'm JAM. I'm on my first challange day 5. In my book on page 308, it has a sample chart that states Total Protein - 6, Total Carbs - 6, Total cups of water - 10. I see nothing stating how many fats. Hope that helps. I remember you need healthy fats but did not see how many, but I know you must be careful they carry twice the calories as proteins and carbs. I also found page 158: A Body for Life Meal includes 1) Choose a portion of lean protein - ex. chicken breast, lean ground turkey meat, fish, lean red meat.

2) Choose a portion of complex carbohydrates - ex. sweet potato, brown rice, whole-wheat bread or

pasta.

3) Add a portion of vegetables to at least two meals each day - ex. broccoli, asparagus, lettuce,

spinach, carrots.

4) Consume one tablespoon of unsaturated fat daily, or three portions of salmon per week - ex.

avocado, sunflower seeds, coldwater fish, flaxseed oil, olive oil, natural peanut butter.

5) Drink at least 10 glasses of water each day - Drink a glass of water with every meal and before, after

and during every workout.

Hope that helps.

• I recently picked up a couple copies of the BFL book for family members at a used book store for under $5.00 each.

Have a look around you can probably find a cheap copy.

• I'm Linda and starting my first BFL challenge today! Someone posted MyFitnessPal.com as a helpful site and it sure is! You can track your food intake and also set your daily goal to reflect the 40/40/20 eating pattern. Since I wasn't sure how to calculate these things I needed help big time!

• Hi Jewels,

Try your local library, that is where I found a copy and read it prior to starting.  I am on day 13!

We have the rest of our lives to perfect this....do your best and forget the rest!

• Rockford:  I think I am the one who suggested that site.  I use it, and love it.  You can look me up; my username is Schmertnat.  I am starting challenge 3 next Monday.

Jewel:  Check half.com or amazon for a used copy of the book.  I wouldn't suggest doing the challenge until you re-read the book cover to cover and make sure you do the "prep" work.  Best of luck to you.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• On a side note:  Most of the people on myfitnesspal don't have a clue how to eat, so no need to really peruse the boards.  But, they have a great food & exercise database, which is very useful.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I LOVE My Fitness Pal. Such a simple tool, but it has done wonders for me in [1] seeing what I eat and how certain days are better...and why. I can keep my nutrion/workout info in one place. You can print out weekly or monthly reports to view progress. And it's free! Can't say enough about it! :)

• Hi

I just joined this site today and signed up to start the challenge at the end of June, to give myself time to understand and program and prepare. I am already working out 6 days per week and watching my caloric intake [also watching protein, fiber, calcium, etc.] But I digress.

I wanted to ask if there's a big difference between the Body for Life & the Body for Life for Women books? Do I need to get the woman's one.. or will the original be just as good? I've seen posts by couples and guess they may both be using the original? I see the guys at my gym gaining muscle and slimming down way faster than us gals. I know men are built differently. But I need more results for the time I'm putting in.

Any advice you have is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Hi

I just joined this site today and signed up to start the challenge at the end of June, to give myself time to understand and program and prepare. I am already working out 6 days per week and watching my caloric intake [also watching protein, fiber, calcium, etc.] But I digress.

I wanted to ask if there's a big difference between the Body for Life & the Body for Life for Women books? Do I need to get the woman's one.. or will the original be just as good? I've seen posts by couples and guess they may both be using the original? I see the guys at my gym gaining muscle and slimming down way faster than us gals. I know men are built differently. But I need more results for the time I'm putting in.

Thanks!

• Hi

Thanks!