First Challenge

• Good morning BFLers!  I just wanted to introduce myself here.   

I am familiar with BFL and have followed the principles before but never in a challenge mode.  I think that gave me more of an excuse for when I fell off for a few days.  But eventually my trips to the gym started to decline and my eating just went way off track over the past 8 months or so.  I remember how good I felt when I would follow BFL, even loosely, so I decided to go full force this time and complete my first challenge.  I've already registered and am raring to go.  Today it starts -  C1W1D1  :-)  Got my measurements down (eeks), before pics taken, and meals for today ready to go!  UBWO will be after work  :-)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing lots of support and motivation and inspiration!

Jessica

• Good luck Jessica.  You can do it!

• Congrats on your decision!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Welcome, Jessica, and good luck!

Here's something I found that works for me.  Others may agree, some may not, but that's the thing with the BFL Challenge: finding something that works for YOU.

Anywho, my tip:

Print out your "before" pictures, and put them on your fridge, on your pantry door, in your workout folder/clipboard, in your wallet/purse, etc.  Put them wherever you might find forbidden food.  If you ever feel the urge to cheat on a non-Free Day, look at the photos.  Ask yourself "Is what I'm about to shovel down my gullet going to keep me looking like THAT?"  If "yes", don't eat it.

That has worked well for me.  It might work for you, too.

There are tons of other tips, sure, but you get the point.  By commiting to the Challenge, you are telling yourself that you're not accepting the status quo anymore.

• Jessica, you're gonna LOVE it!  Stick with it, take it a day at a time, and positive results WILL come.

• Thanks everyone!  

JonInJacksonville - I LOVE that idea.  I have some pictures that I took out of my fitness magazines and put them on my fridge but I think I'm going to use your idea as well.  I think that would be even more motivation to stick with it  :-)

• JoninJacksonville I have a bit of a twist on that one for you to try...  Find the body that you want, cut your head off of a photo and paste it to that body you'd like to have.  Put it in all of the places you mentioned and let it remind you of the positive goals you set for yourself.  Start visualizing your life in that new body.   ;o)

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Welcome to the forums, Jessica! I'm C1W2D1, so I'm just one week ahead of you! My story sounds much like yours - I've followed the principles and have exercised, but never actually HIT it until THIS time - I'm ready to do it for ME!

I'm so glad you're here!!

~Kimberly

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Mannnn!! You ladies are LOADED with great ideas! What a cool idea to paste a headshot of yourself on someone's body. haha!

Now...what did I do with that pic of the Incredible Hulk.....  =)

• Nice to meet you Jessica and good luck on your challenge.  I just started my 3rd week of my 1st official challenge, and I can already notice my transformation taking place.