Q2 Crew, Starting Sunday April 3rd!!! Ready To Rock?!?!?

• I hope you have room for one more.  I did BFL after my first son was born in 1999.  I had great results.  Life happened and I lost focus...and gained weight.  Lots of it.  I am ready to get back on board. I haven't had a good couple of years ( lost my job) and stress has taken it's toll.  I feel like I need to climb out of this hole before it swallows me. On a positive note, I am ready to committ and change!  I did my grocery shopping today and am ready for tomorrow.  So, let's do this thing!  

• Hey y'all,

I'm starting my challenge tomorrow!  I just lost 40 pounds doing a very restrictive diet, and now I'm ready to lose the last 40 while toning and eating as clean as possible.  I feel great and I cannot wait to start working out!

I did BFL in 2000 with very successful results, and I'm looking forward to having a great challenge with everyone!

• Wakey Wakey !!!!!!!!

Morning Q2 Crew

It's early morning here in Halifax Nova Scotia, Up and add it. UBWO Get ~ R ~ Done, Eat Clean drink lots of water, Water , Water water. =)  This is going to be a rocking challenge

Welcome KLR~ Atxgirl, ~Would like your names, Just looking at my list I also need Shoshie~ British~ busymom3 names also. if you can put them down for me I can add them to the list. Thanks.

Boom ~ Chica ~ Woot.

Lets do this Team.

• "Wakey Wakey !!!!!!!!" --Anne B

~I just felt the need to add "egg whites and turkey bacey" to that!   :)

Good morning! Question for those of you who have done this before (or haven't and know the answer): I was doing my upper body workout this morning and after 35 minutes, I was only through chest and shoulders. My rest times in between were the 1 min (or 2 min between groups) and oftentimes were less than that.  

Am I understanding correctly that I am suppose to do 2 exercises per muscle set, per workout? For instance:

*Chest--Dumbbell Bench Presses--12 rep, 35 sec, 10 rep, 30 sec, 8 rep, 26 sec, 6 rep, 35 sec, 12 rep, 0 sec, 12 rep, 59 sec.

*Chest--Dumbbell Flyes--12 rep, 20 sec, 10 rep, etc. (<1 min wait time between each rep set)

*Shoulders--Seated dumbbell presses--similar reps and wait times

*Shoulders``Dumbbell side raises--similar reps and weight times

After this, it had hit the 35 minute mark. So with these times and the way the sheets are set up, I was realizing maybe I was only suppose to do one exercise per muscle group...If that was what I had done, timing would have been pretty close.  I didn't feel like I was doing the exercises too slowly; I didn't speed through them because I wouldn't have been able to maintain control.

If someone could clue me in, I'd appreciate it!!

Everyone do a great job today!!

~Tiffany

• Morning Q2 Crew!  Thanks AnneB for keeping it all straight!  I'm so excited we have so much energey with us this round, let's make sure we are all here on day 84 as well!  

Today's Tip:  I would encourage everyone to post before pics on their profile, it's really helpful and motivating!  THERE IS NO JUDGING IN THE Q2 CREW!  Cut your head off if it helps :)

I have another idea.....I'm a huge fan of accountability, that said I think everyone should commit to post at least once a week.  Noting your success, barrier's (if any), and your plan to overcome the barrier or challenge.  So many of us have the same life interferences and it's nice to have this forum as a means  to share ideas.  It also keeps us checked in!

Today I'm feeling awesome!  Tons of energy, great night of sleep and great cardio this am.  Not sure if it had anything to do with a 20 min. walk after dinner last night, but I'm definately going to try that again.  We also did some Wii bowling before bed, it got my mind off FOOD!  Anything to keep my hands busy and away from the kitchen is key for me.  I have to confess, I obsess about food and my goal is to work on this in the next 12 weeks.

Have a great day all!  

• Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!  You can call me Liv. :)

Tiffany - yes, you want two exercises per muscle, per workout.  However, you are only using the second exercise for your last 12 reps.  I gave an example below.  You want 1 minute of rest in between each set.  For the last 12/12 you want to superset.  For example:

Chest: Dumbbell bench presses = 12 reps 1 minute rest, 10 reps 1 minute rest, 8 reps 1 minute rest, 6 reps 1 minute rest, 12 reps no rest move immediately to Dumbbell flyes for 12 reps.  Then, 2 minutes rest  before moving to your next muscle group.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :p

• Hi Tiffany,

Here is how I do it:

Chest - Bench Press 12 reps, 1 min rest, 10 reps, 1 min rest, 8 reps, 1 min rest, 6 reps, 1 min rest, (change exercise) Flys 12 reps, no rest, 12 more reps.

2 min rest, then move on to next muscle group.

Shoulders - Seated Press (SAA) change exercise Lateral Raises (SAA)

You may get additional responses with a slightly different approach, and that's ok too.

• Good Morning All,

I am feeling great and ready to go!!  Of all days, you would not believe Mark (hubby) woke up this morning with a pulled muscle in his back/neck!  I feel so bad for him, but he's a fighter, he'll make it through.  Hey life gets in the way sometimes, you've gotta make due with what you've got.

@Tiffany, it sounds like your doing double the workout.  You only want to switch up your last 12 reps to dumbell flyes, or another exercise for the body group.  Hope that helps, you will definitely be able to get it done in under 50 mins.

I've got all my meals packed for the day and looking forward to a very successful week.  Here we go crew!!

"Success is figuring out a way  NOT to quit"

• Good morning Qrew!

Did the upper body workout this morning and it felt great after a week off. My 2 year old was so excited this morning when I went to get her out of her bed- "mommy exerciese!" She loves to be my "spotter" and has her own set of 2lb weights she lifts while counting "one...two...four... ten! Phew!"  Drank 4 C H2O whlie lifting and drank another 4 while eating breakfast- homemade plain yogurt and homemade whole oat granola.

Looking forward to a great challenge- beach season here we come!

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.  ~Thomas Edison

• Tiffany-

My UBWOs take much longer than my lower body ones do. I'm usually done after about an hour.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.  ~Thomas Edison

• Hello Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! I am excited to get started today. This is my planned eating today:

Breakfast: chopani yogurt

snack myoplex bar

lunch: turkey on whole wheat w/ lettuce and tomato

snack: cottage cheese and apple

dinner: chicken breast w sweet potato and veggies

snack: cottage cheese and orange

Have I mapped this out right? My workout today is at 1pm with a trainer (for first couple weeks). I need an extra push to get started.  ; )

Maggie

• Hi All!

I'm new here, and just started my first challeng today! I'd love to be a part of this thread - Thanks so much!

MWAH!

• @ Huera - Welcome to the party

@Maggie - spot on dieting and good job getting a trainer to get you through the first couple of weeks.  This is the toughest part of BFL - just getting started.  Justifying the cost is motivation enough to complete the challenge :-)

@ Tiff - sounds like you are on track with the weights assuming that you are increasing weight for each rep.  The key is to work each muscle group to fatigue.  You may not even get to the last set to hit your 10's.  Also, I only rest about 15 seconds for smaller muscles (bicept, tricepts, eg) and 45 seconds for large muscles (Quads, Glutes, eg).  Doing the math, it can take every bit of an hour to finish.  A benefit of taking minimal time between sets is you are working aerobically as well as anaerobically.  You are getting your heart racing as well as building muscle.

Nothing new to report on my end.  Diet -check. exercise - LBWO in an hour.

Rock on, Crew!  As we say here in Florida - Git r Dun....

• @McMama - Love the Thomas Edison quote!  Thanks for the smile.

• HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

I am soooo glad to see so many of you joining this thread.  I love that my friends from the other thread jumped on board this one....everyone will love this thread for the support and motivation and the occasional kick where we need it!

Guys and gals...if you don't know our captain and co-captains....we are in such great hands!  Frick, Roosed, and AnneB at the helm...NO WHERE TO GO BUT SUCCESS!!!!

I am doing so well.  C1 has turned my life around!  One of my major goals was to re-create my life and my body, my mind, and my heart are all on its way.  I have brought lots of folks with me this time here in Louisiana and this Challenge is even being followed by a live television story on the changes that were made in my C1 and the reporter has accepted my challenge to do this program too and we film over the entire 12 weeks.  

Oh...did I mention that I am now a personal trainer and will be training her and guiding her along with you amazing folks who I just know will welcome her with open stronger-by-the-day arms....her name is Kellee Hennessey (who also owns a boutique that I have modeled for here in Denham Springs---the plus size clothes before BFL--and has watched my transformation) and Bridgette (one of my closest friends who is also inspired) will be joining our forum...so watch for them.  I also have 15 other clients who are implementing the BFL program and I am doing their personal training.  As they commit to join our forum, I will let everyone know!

LOVING BFL & MYSELF MORE EVERY DAY!

Remember....Success is finding a reason NOT TO QUIT!!!

Karla