Q2 Crew, Starting Sunday April 3rd!!! Ready To Rock?!?!?

• Good Morning Team,

I've enjoyed the week off and now am ready for Challenge 2. We took the family skiing so at least I had some pretty good workouts but I over indulged eating and drinking. As a result I am 2 pounds heavier than when I finished the first challenge last week.  

I appreciate those of you who have shared your eating plans - I definitely need to be a little more creative this time. I've just had oatmeal, skim milk, mango and 1/2 scoop of protein powder for breakfast and now I need to plan the rest of my week.

Crew, Let's hit the road!!!!!

• Happy Sunday Team!

Looking forward to starting C2 with everyone manana. I'm getting ready today: planning menus, washing the exercise clothes and I hung up my "goal" pants- this time a lovely pair of white capris- in my closet to remind me of what I have to look forward to- beautiful new summer attire!

One of my goals this time around is to eat VERY clean- as little processed as possible (minus the protein powder and protein bars tho... I need those). I've been reading a book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan about how messed up our industrial food system is, and I've decided to eat less processed and simpler foods. So, here's my menu for tomorrow:

M1: Steel cut oats (1/2 C) with cottage cheese (3/4C)

M2: 1/2 C homemade plain yogurt and fresh strawberries

M3: Curry Tofu with Veggies and whole wheat noodles (leftovers from tonight's dinner)

M4: protein powder and 8oz skim milk

M5: Pastured Chicken- herb roasted in crockpot- with wild rice and a salad

M6: Small Apple and 2 pieces of string cheese

Ready to rock!

Mandy

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.  ~Thomas Edison

• Oh, and my goal is to also drink 4 L a day. I did it at the end of my last challenge and I felt great! I too have kicked the Diet Coke/.Pepsi habit. Caffeine free and what a difference.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.  ~Thomas Edison

• Hey guys! Enjoy reading your posts... This the first time around for me. I have had the BFL book for about 10 years now and have decided to dust it off, read it again and actually DO what it says. Also bought the BFL book on CD that was written by champions and challengers. Can't wait to get started, but feeling very intimidated. I am a busy mom of a teenager and two small boys, and am more over weight and inactive than most of the challengers that I have read about. Wondering how I am going to find the time to schedule and plan all my meals. Working on that today!

Plan to start the challenge tomorrow. I am going on a Carribean cruise June 25, which will put me right at 12 weeks. When I came across the book again, it was like it was the perfect plan for what I needed to accomplish. I have tried every diet known to man! The last being a very restricted 500 calorie/ day diet. I lost weight, but felt Terrible and gained every bit of it back as soon as I started eating again. Looking forward now to being able to eat normal foods and having the energy to exercise and play with my kids...a lifestyle not a crash diet!

• Hey all,  

I just posted my Challenge one pics both in a thread on the Transformation board and on my profile.  I would appreciate any comments/encouragement.  I dragged my feet posting because I still don't feel like I'm there yet.

Really looking forward to getting back into the swing of BFL this week.

Quit World of Warcraft, Quit Diet Coke, Quit Processed foods, Started Body For Life and got healthy.

"DING!"

• hello everyone!! This is going to be my first BFL challenge. If I can join you'all that would be great! Looks like this group has allot of motivation. My sister did the challenge last fall and is back in a size 6 from a 12/14. and I am looking forward to similar results!!  ; ) Maggie

• Good Sunday beautiful afternoon everyone,

So much activity on this thread, I know this is going to be an exciting motivating group of people for C2.  Thanks in advance ;)

Shoshie your pics look great!  dont be so down on yourself.  I just finished C1 and definitely didn't get where I wanted to be but as Jessica reminded me, its slow and steady to do this forever!! You'll get there girl, you are well on your way!!

I am starting tomorrow and today  is free day for me but I thought I'd check in and see how the Sunday starters are doing - seems everyone is right on track and ready to go.  YAY!!

I've got the tunes blaring, dancing around the kitchen and making some chocolate protein cakes for hubby and daughter and pumpkin for myself for the week.  Gonna get a meal plan going shortly and head to the grocery store.  

Have a great day all!  

"Success is figuring out a way  NOT to quit"

• I'm in! Starting Monday (about to go shopping and get everything ready), I hope that's ok! First challenge, I'm excited!

~Tiffany

• Hello Crew,

My name is Lielia(Lila). I'm 46 single,no kids never been married. Please add me to the roster for the challenge. I've been following you all over the last 12 weeks and you have done some amazing transformations through motivation,support and true burning desire of what you wanted to happen upon the completion of this challenge. After church on Sundays some friends and I meet at the community center,exercise and prepare a healty meal together. Working on my menu for the week and  will be at the gym in the morning. I'm in!                                                                              

• Hello everyone,

So nice to see so much activity here on Q2 crew already.

Shoshie  is that your Name? ~Your pics look great!!!! ~ don"t be so hard on yourself.  I just finished C3 and definitely didn't get where I wanted to be!!!! and that's why I'm going in to C4,~ Just a little reminder It didn't take a day to come on you, So if you worked hard to where you are now, You 're doing a great job...  its slow and steady to do this forever!!!  You'll get there girl, you are well on your way!!!!! =)

British1~ Busymom3~ Need your names to but them on my list... Welcome to Q2crew playground. =)

We have of to date on Q2 Crew right now 20 people who wants this Support, Motivate, and Inspirational, Thread forum,

I get inspired by this when people like you guys have determination,and want to do good  become you want to live a healthy life.... With exercise and eating clean.

Boom~ Chica ~ Woot.

• Welcome to Q2crew playground. =)

Maggie,~ Tiffany,~ Lila..~ We are so glad you decided to join this group .

Boom~ Chica~ Woot.

• Count me in.  I am determined to start and finish a challenge.  Need lots of support.  I tend to quit around week 4 or 5 in the past.  I WILL complete this challenge.  I am 35 with 3 kids under 5 and need to do it for me (and them!).

Kristie

• Maggie...I'm with you. I'm a size 11/12 and want to be a size 6 again too. Let's make it a challenge to see that we both reach that goal. Are you in?!?!?

Kristie...I too have 3 little ones under 5 years old and I also have an 11 and 14 year old. ALL GIRLS. We can do this!!! Let's get our bodies back into shape for us and them!

I started my challenge TODAY. Day 1..83 to go!!! This is contest 2 this year but my first ended about week 8 due to an injury on my back and then just fell off the wagon. I am determined to do this all the way. I will be posting starting photos again but it will pretty much look like week 12 of last contest. I think I have gained 5 or more lbs since my last reported weight. HERE I GO AGAIN!

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow! I feel great today, eating completely clean, TONS of water and hard core UBWO this morning!

Jaimee

www.myrunforlife.blogspot.com

• Hi All,

Peeps and I finished our first challenge yesterday with a spin class and celebrated with protein shakes.  We are only taking 1 ½ days rest between challenges.  I posted my before and after pics.  I’m definitely happy with the results.  It’s amazing how eating right and going to the gym becomes second nature.  I’m excited to start challenge #2 tomorrow.  

• Hey, Gang...ARE YOU READY FOR THIS!?!

For you newbies, (busymom, et al), don't be intimidated by us or this.  Remember a few tips:

Most of this is diet.  Focus on eating right, and often.  

If you're hungry after 2 hours, your portions were too small - if you're not hungry after 3 hours, your portions were too big.

One tip I heard about the grocery store, shop around the perimeter of the store for the healthiest foods.  Deli, Produce, Meat, Dairy (not sure about beer, but I know it's on the outside at my grocer...LOL)

The exercise becomes a routine after the first 2 or 3 weeks, so STICK TO IT, IT WILL GET EASIER

Just focus on today, don't beat yourself up if you hit a road bump

as Grizz says, Murphy is a B!t@h (or something like that).  Try to knock out your workouts first thing, before life happens.

As for my life, I've been cruizing this week with sporatic exercise and I polished off my last pint of B&J Ice Cream until I see the south side of 182.  Took my daughter through my UBWO on Friday.  Since she's only 13, I was working on her form, not weights, but she also was able to spot me on the final sets.  Good bonding day.  Back on the wagon tomorrow.  I need to be ahead of the curve before my business trip to Manila in May.

Rock on Q2Crew!  Let's get this party started!