C1W1D6, Thank God!

•  

Ok. I'm not having a problem with staying just about perfectly clean on the nutrition side. (I say almost because today is DS's 7th BD, and last night we took his BF to the movies, and I confess.... I had a couple of handfuls of popcorn. :(    )

It's the workouts, I think, that are killing me. I can't seem to get enough sleep, I'm exhausted, and after I put all of my rubbery limbs back on my aching body, I'm left hurting from .... yeah. Head to toe. It all hurts.

The hurting I expected, and it has lightened some, but the exhaustion? Not so much. It was sheer will (and birthday boy begging me) that got me out of bed this morning.

I'm eating enough protein and I'm sure I'm eating enough carbs, too. I'm having about 70 ounces of water a day. Taking my vitamins.

Any suggestions for how to beat this tiredness? I'm SO SO SO glad tomorrow is a free day! I wish I could just SLEEP all day!!!

One thing I did realize on my second cardio day was that my heartrate goes up to around 220 and pretty much stays there the whole time, even when my exertion only feels like a 5 or 6 to me. I hesitate to ask... am I pushing TOO hard? It seems like I'm HITting and staying... well, HIT rather than really making intervals happen.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom, experience, and insights!! :D

~Kimmie

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Hey Kimmie:

What are using to calculate your heart rate? It seems too high (depending on your age of course) But 220 is beyond the anaerobic stage.

I started BFL 10 days ago, but I started exercising on a regular basis back in January of this year. I feel your pain! I am also completely exhausted and  when I sleep I just can't seem to sleep through the night, I am tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and I am also up and down having to pee at least 4 times a night because of all this water I am drinking! Then I am wide awake at 4 or 5 am (wayyyyy too early for me).... I am not sure if this is something that your body settles into or not, but I would really like to hear from someone on here that has been doing this for a while too!

Good Luck!

-Christine

• Add about 30 oz. of water and see what happens. You need 10 cups a day at a minimum. Plus you should drink at least 2-3 more cups during your workout.

Are you getting enough rest?

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Will do, Renee. I seem to have no problem with water during the week, but on weekends at home I'm not as diligent. I went and bought a Nalgene bottle yesterday. Hopefully that will help me keep good track! (I was using a plastic graduated cylinder, but it didn't have a lid - made it difficult to transport!)

As for sleep, I probably could use more. I'm one of those unfortunate people who need 9 hours to be my best, and I don't get that much. I'll work on it! :) THANK you for the insights!

~K

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Kimmie,

Do you wear a heart rate monitor while you exercise?  220 is usually considered MAX heart rate.  I am 48 and consider getting to 156ish has my "10" zone then stay in the 140's.

Julia

• Julia,

Actually, I've just paused to count for 10 secs at intervals throughout the workout to try to get a gauge on where my heartrate is going, and when I saw that it wasn't going anywhere, I counted longer just to verify. I KNEW I was out of shape, but holy cow.... and that elliptical machine was kicking my pants!

I know 220 is supposed to be max, which is why I am a little concerned. I know that best results come from the interval training, but it takes me longer than one minute to get my heartrate to slow down. It takes about 3 minutes, actually... I've tracked it. SO, needless to say, by that time, I' supposed to be back up at 8-9 exertion, so it never comes back down.

Maybe I need to mellow it out a little... It think it's my military dad in me saying "Go! Go! Go! Go!"

:P