6 a day

• Hello all,

Today is day 2 of week 2 and I thought I would have the 6 a day down by now. I understand I should feel hungry within 2 to 3 hours of my last meal. I'm not feeling the hunger I had anticipated so I have reduced the size of my meals. I worry I may not be getting enough protein to support my lean mass. I don't want to buck the system so I need some feedback. Anyone???Thanks Poppi

• Post basic stats about yourself and then list a common days worth of meals you are questioning.  Then folks will be able to give you some input..

• Thanks

• Meal 1.  2 egg whites in an omelet , 1 piece whole wheat toast w/ a smear of Smuckers sugar free Marmalade 2 cups H2O

Meal 2. Myoplex orig protein shake in H2O, 2 cups H2O

Meal 3. 5 oz Tuna w/ 2 tbsp salsa, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup spinach, 2 cups H2O

Meal 4. Myoplex orig protein shake in H2O, 2 cups H2O

Meal 5. 6-7 oz either chicken or fish( Salmon or Talapia ), 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup spinach or mixed veg, 2 cups H2O

Meal 6. 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with 6 oz low fat vanilla flavored yogurt

This is pretty much my menu with very little variation. Started at 208 lbs and am staying the course on my weight training and cardio. Thinking of adding 3 additional sessions of cardio. Am retired and its still too cool for the golf course. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks "Poppi" Tom

• I would shoot for a minimum of 165 g of protein a day, so 28g or more per meal.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Yep, not being the expert at all, but your protein does look low.   If your energy is fine and you aren't craving, your carbs are probably pretty close.

At least was my thought.

• Your menu looks pretty good except for the protein at breakfast. A large whole egg has 6.3 grams of protein, the white has 3.6 grams. You should probably have 5 whites plus 1 whole egg.

I don't recommend adding extra cardio at this point. Stick with the program and let it work for you.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.