Start Date Feb 28th. Destination Summer!

• hello everyone,

I've slipped into a bit of a funk as well -- feeling hungrier and generally demotivated. Part impatience, part hopelessness, and part me wondering if I'm doing something wrong that needs to be changed.

I came down with a mild cold and ended up missing my first workout. The next day I did an UBWO and 20 minutes of steady state cardio to make up for it. The cold is still hanging around, which is really putting a damper on things.

Today is the beginning of week 8 for me. Trying to focus on the positive: I feel stronger, have lost about a size and some very slight musculature is becoming visible (albeit under a stubborn layer of flab :)).

Five more weeks!

• -double post-

• I am trying to focus on my protein for each meal.  I think while I may be getting the amount in a day I need, it's not equally disbursed in all my meals. Especially the midafternoon snack when I need it to be.

I feel like I have made it this far and I had in the begining wondered if that was possible, after taking my measurements for the first time since the start and seeing that overall I have lost eight inches I'm now more motivated than ever.  The scale is a differerent story for me but I will just keep going and hopefully that will catch up.

Yes, being sick does not help at all.  Hang in there you're over half way there!!

• Hope everyone is doing better this week!  

My free day yesterday was filled with a lot of soda and I was up late last night, so my workout this morning left something to be desired.  But I am happy to report that I DID my workout and that I am right back on track today with my diet.  Feeling pretty good!

Have a great week all!

• Wow, everyone is so quiet!!!  How are you all doing?

The stomach flu hit my house this week.  I didn't eat at all yesterday.  Still don't feel like eating today and I missed 2 workouts.  But I think I should be able to get back on track tomorrow.  Once I get some food in me today when I feel like I can.

Have a great week everyone!

• Hi Guys!

Sorry I've been so MIA lately--life gets so busy between working full-time, school 3 nights a week, gym, etc etc. I fell off the wagon WO wise a couple times this past week but my eating has been super clean except Free Day. My 25th birthday is this Sunday (Free Day) so I'm looking forward to having a nice family dinner then. I'm probably not going to end my "challenge" at 12 weeks but instead continue as close to the program as possible until I see more concrete changes. I'd love to get some new pics up for everyone since I've lost inches and probably weight too, but my photog (aka boyfriend) has taken a new job and now works nights. We're like two ships passing, we don't see each other (conscious) until the weekends!

@Nancy--So sorry to hear you have/had the stomach bug--I think I'd rather have a fever/flu than one of those, they're miserable! Here's hoping you feel better soon!

@uni--I'm feeling the exact same as you are but determined to stick it out until the end!

@soontobe--how are you? when is the wedding, it must be approaching soon!! :)

@bill--are you still rocking challenge #2?! i haven't checked your blog but i probably should to get motivated again!! :)

Take care everyone!

A

• Hello!

Wedding is in a little over 8 weeks...totally crazy! I still haven't really seen big results from BFL but I'll admit I'm only following the program 80-90% and that's probably not enough. I have gained muscle and gotten stronger, for sure, so for that I'm happy. I think I am going to take May and June off from the workouts to try Insanity with some weight lifting in there so I don't lose the strength I gained. It's a long process for me to find what "works" for me in my health and fitness journey, and this is just one part of it!

I've been quiet on the board partly because it's a little depressing to read all these posts from people who are all excited and I'm really not getting anywhere.But I do like keeping tabs on all my "friends" around here!

~H

• Hello All!!!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I had a wonderful holiday weekend with lots of family.  A little too wonderful - as in like 5 free days of wonderful.  I feel bloated and gross (even though I really enjoyed myself).  I am paying the price now.

A - I agree with you that I am not really ending my challenge at 12 weeks either.  I think I will go straight into another 12 weeks since I really haven't followed the plan 100%.  I want it to be a lifestyle change.  And every time I slip up like this weekend - I am that much more determined for it to be a lifestyle.  I got my sister to start this week and my mom is starting next week.  :)

STBMJ - I have probably followed the plan at less than the 80-90% you are.  But I probably started at a point were I was in worse shape than you were, so I may notice changes faster.  I may have lost 9 pounds (although I don't feel it today) and 5 inches, but no one noticed.  I have a long way to go.  We all run our own race dear.  I agree that you need to find what works for you since we are all different people.  I get a little discouraged when I see people on here who committ 100% and have amazing results.  But I try to turn it around to motivate me instead of get me down.  Even if you don't stick with BFL, I know you have it in you to be successful at reaching your fitness goals!  And I know you can do it in the 8 weeks you have left until the wedding!  I hope you will show us what a beautiful bride you are by posting some pics for us in two months.  I would really appreciate you still posting here and letting me know how the Insanity workouts go for you because I would be interested in changing things up after my second challenge.

Have a blessed day all!  :)

• It's awfully quiet around here. How's everyone doing?

Last Friday (W9), after several days of feeling fatigued, burnt out and utterly demotivated, I took a look in the mirror and was - very suddenly! - pleasantly surprised. This seems to have happened overnight.  The scale even backed up what I was seeing.

And today, for the first time, someone commented on my changed (and still changing) appearance.

It's working!

I've decided to do an extra week (well, five days) of BFL so that my active rest will coincide with my next vacation. Probably for the best, as I'm going out of town this weekend to meet a friend, which is the first major disruption to my routine. I won't be able to hit the gym, but as far as my diet's concerned, I'm aiming for maintenance levels, not a free for all.

• Unicycle - congrats to you!!!  I am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear your results at week 12 (well I guess 13 for you) before your vacation.  Keep up the good work.

I have not been so lucky.  I say lucky, but I know it is really about the hard work that I am simply NOT putting into the program.  I actually stopped my challenge completely the week of Easter.  Now I feel like I am right back where I started from and I feel awful!  I just can not find my motivation and it is killing me.  I want to start another challenge, but I just can't even begin right now.UGH!  I am sure something will spark that fire in me again - I just wish it would happen sooner rather than later.  Why can't I work through the program when my motivation lags?  I work great with motivation, I just haven't gotten to the point where I can put in the hard work REGARDLESS of the motivation.  I mean, there will not always be a spark every day of life.  And you just have to have that inner drive anyway.  That determination.  I know what I need to do, I just haven't forced myself to do it.   UGH!  UGH! AND MORE UGH!!!!

Anyway - really proud of you unicycle!  Keep going!  I wish you so much success!  :)

I also wish much success to everyone here.  I hope you all are still going strong (even if it is with a different program).  Just keep going!  :)

• thanks for your kind words of support and encouragement, nancy!

i'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to keep up with the program. remember that temporarily "falling off the wagon" isn't the same as going back to where you started, so don't let that discourage you! just keep going, one day at a time.

i'm probably not the most motivational person, but I think the quotes about halfway down this page are quite good:

magnusvermagnusson.com

my personal favorite:  “You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind." I try to remember that whenever I'm obsessing over something instead of taking action (which is often!).

• Hi All!  I am FINALLY! back on my program today.  I have been off since the Monday before Easter.  UGH!  But so happy to be back.  I would say that I am starting another challenge.  But I have decided that this is not about a 12 week challenge for me.  This is about making life changes.  I will weigh in and take measurements and pics again tonight, because I want to track my progress for motivational purposes.  I am not going to pressure myself with entering the challenge anymore.  That was my third attempt.  Instead of a challenge - I have gotten my whole family involved (mom and sisters and husband) and we all just want to be healthier.  Best of luck to all!  So glad I finally feel motivated again!

• great news nancy! glad to hear that you're back on the program. i bet having the support of family members will be a big help this time around.