Gonna get started Feb,7 2011 anyone with me??

• ceartin6

Hey fellow Montanian!!! and congrats on your results so far!!!  Awesome I have the book and the journal and I will go buy the recipe book this weekend  I am close to custer area, I just moved here 2 yrs ago..it has been a little bit of a culture shock for me, I do love the spring and summer and fall here they are awesome, I am a sun person and enjoy warm-hot weather..but it is a great place..Well there are a few of us starting on the 7th so hopefully you will keep in touch and let us know your progress!!  Do you have alot to lose? I do or geting stronger and leaner??  Good luck to you and keep it up!!!

• Well I am starting on the 7th as well This will be my third challenge. I am 59 yrs old and I finished my last challenge in Nov. I am normally on the Canadian site but it is now getting so much drug ads it is hard to follow.I see some names i recognize though Boltsfan and armster...I am doing the challenge again as christmas/an all you can eat cruise and my daughters wedding got in the way of staying in shape. Oh well i had a good time ....Now back to work..This program works if you can stay with it. I know we will encourage each other to do just that on this forum...See you monday

• Yeah I have the Body for Life book. The books are actually pretty hard to get in Oz. I had to order my one in and it cost 55 bucks. Wasn't till i got home and looked at the yank price tag and saw it was 30 bucks.

• Thats right. You have an Aussie in the group! Opera was here a few weeks ago. She didn't even bother to pop in for a cuppa. What is it with that?

• I Love it...2 more days and we are starting..I got my garage all ready to go we turned it into a gym..I am going to make meals for the week 2morrow and Matty were you able to find the BFL journal, it seems like it is going to be relly helpful...Yah Opera I am with you she could have stopped in...LOL .So I will get a count in 2morrow of how many starters we got so hopefully everyone will check in today and 2morrow and let me know your in and ready to transform!!!  Have a great day

• Hello...I have also owned the book for years & looked over the website many times in the past, but have never followed through.  I will be starting on 2/11/11. I am going on 37 in May & am tired of being overweight. This past year as been a tough one for me, but I have decided it is time for a change, and time  to put myself first (not very good at that) I do have to admit, I am scared but very excited as well. I wish you all the best!

• Hi,

I will be starting the challenge on Feb 7th right along with you. I just turned 40 in January too and I am ready for a total makeover... this challenge is the beginning of a new season in my life. I joined the gym on Jan.10th and have been getting myself ready for the challenge... I wanted to develop the habit of exercising on a regular basis before I committed to the challenge. I have tried the challenge many times in the past but getting myself to the gym on a regular basis was the hardest part for me to do. Now I am ready and I am looking forward to seeing some awesome results!

• Hello there,

I will be starting the challenge on 7th Feb as well. I'm 38 from England and spent the last week getting prepared at my local gym/leisure centre. Originally bought the Body-For-Life 9 years ago and started doing the program which I gave up after a few weeks due to lack of time and energy. This time I have set my goal to go all the way and get more muscular, fitter and loose wieght. Its good to know that others starting with me and hopefully we can all achieve this together.

• Hi Everyone,

Today is the 6th....just decided to start the challenge tomorrow with the rest of you. I did Body-For-Life 10 years ago and had AMAZING results. I'm turning 40 in May and realize I've spent the majority of my 30's being overweight and out of shape. Once I had my son 8 1/2 years ago, I quit doing anything for myself. Everything has been about taking care of him and my husband. Now, as I write this, I've gained 110 lbs. from where I was and lost myself in the process. It's time for a change.

• Hey all:

Sounds like this might be a good place to check in.  I've had the book for a couple of years, but got sidetracked from doing anything for myself.  The last 3 years have been very stressful for me, and I turned to food for comfort and numbness.  I just turned 44 in January and was shocked by a picture I saw of myself.  I have 50 pounds to lose and I have total confidence in this program.  The eating is right on target and the workouts sound tough, but doable.  Planning my workouts and meals for this week.  Tried to get the Eating-for-LIFE book but couldn't find it.  I guess I'll just order that.

Happy to be in the group.  How often are you all planning to check in?  

Best of luck to everyone!!!

• well Made exercise part for day i I have not had a chance to exercise today for day two...Eating has been out to lunch for these two days. Today is my wifes birthday.I guess I started with two cheat days...Only the beginning onward and upward.I have three big events this year one in june, I in august and one in oct. The june one is to get in shape for Elvis Festival I know I will make it just a slow start.. Good luck to all in this challenge

• My first two days of the challenge have been really good.  

Question:  Next time I do the upper body work out, should I repeat the same exercises as I did on Monday?  How often should exercises be rotated?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

• I cannot believe that I actually got up and worked out before I got ready for work!  This is huge for me.  I'm a die-hard sleeper, always waiting until the last possible moment to get out of bed.  I've been complaining for a long time that everyone else's stuff is getting in the way of my workouts.  I got up Monday and decided to "try" working out early.  I can't believe how great I feel.  The workouts were tough but I've felt better all day long.  Plus I have the added bonus of not having to stress out about finding time to workout tonight.  I know it's only been 2 days, but I believe I am a convert at last.

Eating part has never been a problem.  I know how to eat clean and do it most of the time.  It's when I don't make a plan that I fall apart.  I've got 4 other people in this with me, plus everyone here, so you all have to keep me honest and focused on planning!

Hope it's going well for everyone else!

• Its only day 3 and I'm managed to get to the gym in the morning before work. Did the upper body workout yesterday and do lower body workout tomorrow. Quite proud of myself for doing that as there was a time once when I wouldn't have done it but now I feeling great about doing this and I'm determined to continue for full 12 weeks. Good luck to everyone who started the challenge this week.

• Sart of week three for me cant beleive it.I am doing not too bad on my eating but could be alot better.Persistance is the key .I really wANT TO MAKE IT A LIFETIME WAY OF EATING.Exercise has been good as well I have to exercise to trigger my endorphans. It really helps with my brain problems. (undiagnosed possible lots of things ahlzheimers, too much anesthesia, small strokes?) Anyway exercise daily helps alot for me. It really is like taking a pill for me Its like day and night in my energy thinking level if I exercise or not. I hope your all sticking with the program