2-7-11 THIS IS NO DRILL

• I've committed to 2/7/11 to start my 3rd Challenge (C3).  Inviting others / newbies/ experienced to join in -  but only if you want to look and feel the best you ever have.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Yes!  That is when I'm starting C2!  One week of AR starting tomorrow.

• Now there's an invitation that sounds enticing!  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• My week of AR I plan on breaking in my new hiking boots I bought on a treadmill hill routine, as a reward for finishing C1.  I also plan on practicing my deadlift technique.  Also trying out 2 new machines my gym just installed: the stepmill and Cyber Arc Trainer.  No HIIT or working 'til failure.

woke up with a sore throat this morning, so it's a good time for AR to start.

• Sounds like you're going to be roaring to go!  I'm looking forward to some AR later this week-haven't rested since Christmas - I'm hitting 36 consecutive days with a cardiio or weight workout.  I once did 37, so it's time to set a new personal best before starting the next challenge. I'm looking forward to learning some new recipes and exercise routines from others in our group.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• Hi All,  I'm starting this for the third time.  Made seven weeks the first time and only four weeks the second time.  Looking for a little help to keep going for the full twelve weeks.  

BTW what is AR?

Thanks!

• My husband and I are both starting on February 7th for our first challenge. I'd love to see how you guys are doing and keep progress!

• ar is 'active rest'.  

Which so far the only 'active' i've been is doing errands and going to work!  This cold and sore throat are really doing me in.  I only have energy for a coulpe hours.  now we have a snow storm and everything will be closed tomorrow.  I hope to do lots of R&R tomorrow and get my taxes done.  I can still practice my deadlift technique at home later this week, and maybe do some exercise tapes that don't normally fit into BFL intensity.  It's that nice kind of casual exercise I wanted to do: ski, walk, hike, steady state.

I am so glad my cold came right after the challenge, there's no way I could do HIIT right now.

• I would love to start Feb 7th with you guys for my first time around I want to go the full 12 with no mistakes or quitting.

• I am ready to start on the 2/7 also. I have started one challenge only to make it 7 weeks. The results I saw were fabulous. I am ready to do it again with some positive support I know no matter how I do I know i will feel great. Count me in.

• I am a newbie and am willing to start 2/7 as well...

• I'm a newbie mate. Count me in! Sounds like you all know what your doing.

My name is Matty King.

• Now I'm really getting excited!  It looks like we have a balanced blend of newcomers and experienced BFL'rs.  I took a rest day yesterday, after 37 consecutive days of workouts.  My muscles are sending me thanks via DOMS.  AR has turned into watching the snow accumulate in drifts of 3 - 4 ft high here in Chicagoland.  I will get a great whole body workout just shoveling out today!

I would advise everyone to develop at least three "go to" recipes for your meals.  I tend to eat slightly larger meals for the traditional three and smaller 200 - 300 calorie meals for the 2nd, 4th, and 6th meals.  Also, learn and/or review at weight training excercises for each of the muscle groups.  In my first challenge (C1), I spent the first couple of weeks at low weight loadings learning the lifts, and developing the form.  Bring a reusable water bottle to work that you can refill from the cooler.  Order your Myoplex shakes if you're going to use supplements - I really enjoy one after weight lifting.  My favorite flavors may not be yours - you'll probably have to explore this for yourself.  Figure out how you're going to do the excercise part.  I ended up joining a no-frills health club, for $15 monthly dues, and it had exactly what was needed for BFL, but nothing more (dumbbells, barbells, weight machinies, ellipticals, treadmills, bicycles, stairmasters).  It was the best choice for me, and since I go there daily I pay < $0.50 per day.

Jacium

p.s. I try to check in here daily, but I don't always get to due to obnoxious teenagers hogging my computer to do "homework" like facebook and Runescape.

Jacium

• Count me in!!! This is my first challenge.

• Why wait guys?! start today!! 2/3!!