Calories??

• Hi, I am on day 3 and have done the BFL before (about 6 years ago) Got great results...lost 75pounds and kept it off UNTIL I had my son. I gain back 50 of those pounds and am starting again. My question is I know you don't need to count calories but it just a habit. I am worried I am not getting enough.

Sample Day

Protien slim fast

Mandrine orange

4oz chicken ***

yogurt

orange

broccli

eas Carb control shake

4oz Chicken or tuna

apple

and one more Eas shake

When I add that up it only equals about 900-1000 calories

I am 5'7 and weight 200 pounds and with working out everyday I am worried I might be doing more harm then good. Any suggestions on what else to eat or not to eat?

Thank you, Bonnie

• It would be easier if you broke it up to tell us what carb and protein you had in each meal and to show meals 1-6.  I can say that 900-1000 calories is way too low and arguably dangerous.  At 200 pounds you should likely be having 1800-2000 calories so literally double. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• ok thanks,

Here is my day

Breakfast - slimfast  and orange = 225 Cal 9gFat 15 Carbs 20 Protien

Snack 1- Chicken *** and yogurt= 220 Cal2.5Fat 20 Carbs 28 Protien

Lunch- Eas shake (myoplex lite) orange and broccoli= 279Cal 2.5 Fat  29Carbs 25Protien

Snack 2- Tuna and a apple= 224Cal 2.5Fat 16Carbs 14Protien

Dinner- Chicken ***, toast, broccoli=230Cal 3Fat 28Carb 27Protien

Snack- Eas Myoplex lite= 170Cal 2Fat 20Carbs 20Protien

Total for day=  1348 Calories 19 Fat 128Carbs and 134Protien

Please Help!! This is excactly what I eat every day and would love any advice in doing this a better way. I also saw somewhere you are not to eat oranges, is that true??

Thanks again, Bonnie

• Bonnie - We'll make this work!

Meal 1 - I personally don't think Slimfast is a good product.  Go for Myoplex Lite instead.  Slimfast is high on the fat and low on the carb.

Meal 2 - looks good

Meal 3 - A Myoplex Lite is a complete meal so the orange is an extra portion of carb. 

Meal 4 - Your apple is likely more carbs than that or have some more apple.  A small - medium sized apple is more towards 20-22 carbs.  That's not enough tuna.  You should be going for about 25g of protein.

Meal 5 - Have a sweet potato or brown rice or quinoa or some other great form of carb. 

Meal 6 - looks good

See...your meal plan looks pretty good...with just a bit of tweaking it's great. 

Don't worry about oranges.  I think apples and berries are better, but don't get worked up over that.  It's all good.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• ok thanks,

Here is my day

Breakfast - slimfast  and orange = 225 Cal 9gFat 15 Carbs 20 Protien

Snack 1- Chicken *** and yogurt= 220 Cal2.5Fat 20 Carbs 28 Protien

Lunch- Eas shake (myoplex lite) orange and broccoli= 279Cal 2.5 Fat  29Carbs 25Protien

Snack 2- Tuna and a apple= 224Cal 2.5Fat 16Carbs 14Protien

Dinner- Chicken ***, toast, broccoli=230Cal 3Fat 28Carb 27Protien

Snack- Eas Myoplex lite= 170Cal 2Fat 20Carbs 20Protien

Total for day=  1348 Calories 19 Fat 128Carbs and 134Protien

Please Help!! This is excactly what I eat every day and would love any advice in doing this a better way. I also saw somewhere you are not to eat oranges, is that true??

Thanks again, Bonnie