im back at it

• this is my fourth challange and i did very well doing the others . lost 50 lbs 13% body fat never felt or looked better. Started running in some 5 k's and doing things i didn't think i'd be doing at over 50 years of age.then my whole world got turned upside down i got divorced and didnt cope with things as well as i should have and let myself get back to the same place i was when i started .

I dont need any pictures of anyone else to inspire me to do this as i have some of my own that will do just fine im back at it and know how much better ill feel in 81 more days. and i know how it makes you feel inside when you have become a champion in your own mind and i can't wait to feel that way again.   wyoming dude

• That big D word can be a killer. Been there. Done that. Takes a lot to scrape yourself back together. You know what you did. You know what you need to do. Git'r dun! Glad you are back!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• I understand. 5 years ago, I had to divorce my husband and working out at the gym and doing BFL literally helped me float through all of it.

I am so grateful to the trainer who suggested I do BFL. She did it with me and a few others started doing it, too. Even though I cheated quite a bit and didn't hit 10's all the time, I dropped two pants sizes, 10.5 inches, 10.5 lbs and about 6% bodyfat. I am 5'3" so this looked like a huge change in my appearance. People couldn't believe how I had changed. 4 or 5 people told me I looked like a teenager...and i was 46 at the time.

Doing BFl helped me get in touch with who I really am... I so love this program!

Since then, I have tried numerous times to complete another challenge but kept getting derailed. I told my new husband (my first marriage was annulled) 7 weeks ago that I 'solemnly promise' that I will finish it this time...and I will! I am flying through this thing!!!

• Welcome back Wyoming dude.  Been there and done that myself and completely agree with you.  Great job on committing to yourself!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• thanks for the encouragement  and henry is right       rich

• Welcome back Wyoming Dude! You did a great job before and you will do it again! I am cheering for you!

Hugs

Sylvia Bortman

2006 BFL Grand Champion Women's 50+

• I can somewhat relate, Dude.  I did wonderfully with BFL in 2006.  In my Challenge, I went from 258 to 206 in 12 weeks.  And yeah, I DID take advantage of Free Day! :-)

I didn't go through a divorce, but I experienced two deaths in my family.  I didn't cope well.  When people get depressed, some drink, some starve, and others binge eat.  I fell into the latter category.  Next thing I knew, I was back to 256 lbs.  All that work's payoff, gone.

Well, this year, the pity party ended!

I'm back, and thus far (since March 1), I'm down 20 lbs.  The focus has returned, and I have tried to sell myself on "Never again!"  While I am guaranteed to face tragedies again in the future (as we all are), I vow not to drown my sorrows in food.

You and I are alike in that regard, Dude, as I'm sure many others are.  But as Sylvia, Michelle, and others here said, not only WILL you do it, but you will be supported by this extended family...as will I.

Jonathan