Third day and I'm already hurting!

• I was awaken this morning by cramping in my calves!(OUCH!!) Does anybody know what can be done so that this never happens again! I am still hurting in that area :(. Not gonna give up tho......I will press on! Thanks for any comments!

• I think you're supposed to be really painfully sore after a workout. It means you're doing it right. It's my third day and I am SO sore as well.

• I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in my suffering LOL! Hang in there! Thanks for the comment it's encouraging.I think the pain is a way ourbody is saying "O.K I got the message!"

• Are you sore or in pain?  Big Difference.  If you are just sore, meet DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).  Not really much you can do about it until yet get your body used to the extra work.  The things that I have found that most helps to relieve it is a good bit of stretching after the work out, a nice hot shower/sauna, lots and lots of water, and to stay active.  Sitting around will only make it worse (I speak from experience)!  Keep the muscles active and it will help them to stay loose.

And Yeah, sorry to say it but it will take a little while for the message to really sink in with your body.  But keep it up and keep moving!

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

• You'll think me crazy, but it works.  Keep a jar of dill pickles in your fridge and when that cramping starts drink a small amount of pickle juice.  Works like a charm.  And make sure you are getting plenty of H2O.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I also agree with leevis2, there is a huge difference in a cramp and DOMs.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Try drinking the protein shakes after workouts and getting plenty of pottasium will also help your muscles.   Stretching is very very important to help you not be as sore, but I remember barely being able to walk for the first 2 weeks.  You want to always challenge your muscles in new ways and being a little sore after every workout is good it means your getting stronger.  Keep at it - it will pay off!!!

• Champster:  Funny thing, but I always remember John Madden talking about football in summer camp and early season games in high temp. climates drinking pickle juice on the sidelines to prevent cramping :)

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

• Leevis2: I belive it's cramping because It felt like it just locked up on me and I just kept massaging it till it relaxed. Boy, i have never felt that kind of feeling and I gave birth to four children LOL!

@ Champster09: I don't think your crazy, and I'll try almost anything! I do believe I need to drink more water now that I'm working out. Thanks!

@Webergirl29: Thanks for the Info. Do you know what kinds of real food have potassium in them?I bought the EAS MYOPLEX LITE PROTEIN POWDER so gonna take some time to get used to it!

Thanks, Again your comments are all so helpful........I am encouraged and it's good to know you guys are out there when I'm goona need some advice. Today is upper body workout so gonna get in gear for that!! Peace Out!! :)

• Keep up the good work!  I know banannas are high.  I copied this link for you - hope it helps.

www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/.../potassium-foods.htm

• Anyone here take glutamine for DOMS?

• @LL111~Thanks for the info. Very helpful! On my way to pick up my kids from school. I will be making a stop @ the grocery store for some bananas! ;)

• Well...maybe not so fast.... just read on another thread that banannas were controversial (who knew?!) b/c of the high rating on the glycemic index.  I am new at this.  Looking at the list - fish and beans looks like a good choice too.  Hope it helps - cramps hurt!