Supplements

• I just started this morning and I am very excited to get underway.  I am 37 and have run 3 marathons over the past few years but in between I haven't really trained at all.  I decided to change it up and do some solid weight training between endurance events.  My problem is I don't have an extra $150 - $200 per month to buy all the suggested supplements.  My nutrition is good.  That part I have been used to for the marathons I have trained for in the past.  I am taking protein and creatine so far but they are less expensive brands.  Any suggestions as to what else I should do or choices I have in regards to supplementation would be greatly appreciated.

John Hanna

• I stopped taking the Betagen at the beginning of week 11. My lifting capacity continued to decrease consistently for my last 2 weeks. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! For me, a must. I think allstarhealth.com has the 90 serving the cheapest. Two of them will take you all the way through a challenge.

I love the EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shakes. I usually have 2 a day with some berries, yogurt or an apple. I purchase a 4 pack of these at WalMart for $4.74. That pretty much makes a meal about $2 once you add the carb. These have been a life saver for me. However, I know that the whey protein is a MUCH cheaper option. Protein shake with berries added is fantabulous!

Question...what do you mean you are "taking" protein? There is no need to add protein as a supplement with the established BFL meal plan. 6 meals a day. Equal protein and carbs. Add veggies twice a day. Protein is the size of your palm. Carb is the size of your fist. Handful of veggies. Water, water, water. Plan, plan, plan.

Good for you for doing marathons! Maybe somewhere in my future I will partake in one :-)

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• How often do you take betagon?  

• Catel the knowledgeable ladies from EAS were in Knoxville this past year and recommended taking the dosage on the bottle which is 2 scoops 3 times per day.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory