Help!!! Week 2 and I've done a 180

• Hello Everyone!

I am on my 2nd week, day 10.  Week 1 went great!!!  I felt great, I was hungry every few hours, so I knew my metabolism was up.  I had great work outs.  Now I am on week 2 and everything is different.  I am still eating super healthy, the right foods, the right portions at the right times and I feel tired, sluggish and I am not hungry at all.  I didn't eat anything after my 6:30 dinner last night, because I just couldn't, I wasn't hungry.  It is now 8:40 CST and I STILL haven't eaten anything.  I am just not hungry.  But I am still keeping up with all my workouts.  Whats going on???

I promise myself tomorrow I would force myself to eat all 6 meals, but I wanted to see how I felt today.  Why would week 1 be so great and week 2 be completely different????

Thanks guys!

Rebekah

• I am the exact same way.  I am also on week 2.  The first week I was hungry, now I am having to force myself to eat 5 meals.  I thought my metabolism would kick in gear.  I too and still working out and eating help.  Help!

• Get those 6 meals in. Your body needs the fuel. It's hard, but necessary. My 2nd week was exactly the same as yours. Make sure you keep you water intake SUPER high. Get plenty of rest. Plan, plan, plan. Your last meal can be right before bed. Heck, eat it in bed if you want. Sometimes we just have to DO IT!

Remember that this is high intensity training for your body. Fuel is the most necessary part of that.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Could just be your body adjusting to the new way of eating. Or it could be what you're eating at each meal. Proteins will keep you feeling fuller longer so if you're eating a lot of protein at every meal/snack time, that could be part of it. Don't worry too much about not feeling hungry yet even though you haven't eaten since last night. Your body will tell you when it's ready to eat. I'm in week 6 now and am trying to remember if I experienced anything like what you're describing. Seems like there were a few day here and there when I didn't really feel hungry for several hours, but it seems to have leveled out pretty well now where I'm able to eat a snack or meal every 2-3 hrs.

Just don't quit! That's the main thing. Keep going one day at a time! Since starting, I've lost 14 lbs and my body fat % has gone from 24.8% to 15.1% currently so the plan definitely works!

Mike

• Girl I'm going through that right now! While I TOTALLY believe ALL of what was said above, for me, I'm convinced it's a "cycle" thing. (boys don't read) My "Aunt" most likely going to arrive this Friday or Saturday so this week (week 2) is a VERY TOUGH week and I'm sooo tired even with a good night sleep and all that other crap. But I always feel this way during "this" week being good or being bad. So maybe keep that in mind. Still sticking to it and you will too :)

• LOL! MDJ, thank you for sharing. I hadn't thought of this.... I've had surgery, but I still have the hormones. Sometimes, since my "Aunt" doesn't come to visit anymore, I forget that those hormones haven't changed at all. Thanks for the great reminder!

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• LOL.  I hadn't thought of that.  I am on Merena so I don't get visits anymore, so I get to guess when my hormones are a little off.  Also, I live in the south and our cars and streets are COVERED in yellow pollen right now.  Basically, I have bad allergies, so maybe that is it too.  But I am going to double up on my water intake and hope that flushed out toxins.  thanks!  :)