This may be a silly question...

• Is it OK to do both resistance and the aerobic training in the same day.  For instance, lifting in the morning and elliptical or other in the evening?  Thoughts, comments?

• My thoughts/comments....NO!  The program is set up the way it is for a reason.  I think if you were to miss a day for some reason, breaking up the workouts that way would be fine every once in awhile.  If done on a regular basis, you are doing weights/cardio six days a week.  You want to lift 3 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week.  Give each everything you have, so you don't feel like you have anything left for the other.  Also, if you do too much cardio, you start to lose the precious muscle you are working so hard for.  Trust me, I have learned this from experience.  By the way, there is no such thing as a silly question!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• The truth is, it is ok to do both. Many athletes do both, however if let's say you do a lower body workout in the morning and you do give it all you got. I do not see how one would be up for going back to do a cardio session.

More importantly I would ask your motive in wanting to go twice in a day?

If it is to speed up the process, I will tell you that you will burn out and that is not the answer for long term success.

Assuming your goal is fat loss, as most of our goals are (correct me if I am wrong) it is best to understand the program here with BFL. During your workouts, you will not be burning very many calories. Your fat is burned through the nutrition part of the program. Yes you do burn calories through your workout, but you aren't going to be burning through 1000 calories during a cardio day. More like 200-300.

I am telling you this to say simply, if there is one area to focus on more than any other it is your nutrition. Do one workout a day, give it all you have.

You are in the gym for about 3-4 hours a week(following the BFL routine), whereas you are awake and eating for 105 hours a week. Do em both(workouts & nutrition or best results), but realize the importance of nutrition.

Charlie Wigington

2011 Body-for-LIFE Champion

• Charlie - Mostly it is combining indoor and outdoor activities.  I'll lift in the morning and then cross country ski in the afternoon if the weather permits.  Nothing more than getting out of the house.  Maybe repeat the skiing the following day.  

See anything wrong with that?

• nope. I would classify your skiing as bonus activity, just being active. You should do as much bonus activity as you want. That's more of a sport and sounds like you enjoy skiing, so do as much as you want.