Looking for a partner in Ponchatoula, La.

• Whatever  Mr. Walking Poster Board Boy!  I don't want your help!  Thanks!

• thats fine. you dont have to take my help. you dont have to like me either. you do have to acknowledge your own action, that you insulted me and jumped to conclusions and took my words out of text.

you also are here because you need to lose body fat again. 10 yrs after the fact, right?

You try to talk down to me? Take a good look in the mirror. You are back after a DECADE because you still have more body fat to drop. One person never achieved greatness and found it clever to insult the person who could actually help.

Charlie Wigington

2011 Body-for-LIFE Champion

• Charlie,

Perhaps re-reading Stephanie's post could have prevented the deterioration of the thread.  She did in fact say she was looking for a workout partner.

• Hello Pet lover 45,

Normally, I do not post but felt like you needed some support here. First of all, being insulted by someone who only read the title of your thread and not the text, which as Granpa Hiker points out clearly stated you would love a WORKOUT partner, is not the norm here.  

That is just someone who is more interested in their own "greatness". A BFL Champion is a person who not only transforms their body but can uplift and inspire others. This does not include beating a "newbie" into the ground and insulting them over their own mistake. Who would want that kind of help really?

No worries though you seem like a woman who can take care of herself. I just wanted to say MOST people here are kind, supportive, and fun. I do wish you luck in finding that workout partner you are seeking.

Sincerely,

Kim

• Look Charlie, I want nothing to do with you or your advise based on what I have already heard.  BFL book inspired me, motivated me and educated me, whereas you disgust me!  I really don't care if you lost 500lbs because your head is too big.  Come back down to earth and get your mind out of the gutter!  The body is not the only thing that needs to transform.  The mind is a very important part of this transformation.  You still have the chip on your shoulder from your big days.  Work on this and be a nice guy!  People are now emailing me on my email address to express their concern about you attacking me and letting me know this isn;t your first insult.  Use your knowledge wisely and set asside your pride.  Be nice!

• Did the same person who has been insulting me tell me to be nice? Funny, maybe you should take your own advice.

•  

Enough.  Time to move on!

Charlie, clearly you insulted her.  I think that it is time that both of you just squash this.  It is time to move on, we are here for more important things than bickering. Pet lover, just ignore any of his responses, and focus on what you came here to do. Sorry for the poor start to the forum for ya

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” - Shel Silverstein

• Agreed!  Thank you for getting me back on track.  I just finished upper body workout and it took about 45 min.  I kinda impressed myself with the amt. of weight I was still able to pump.  I put up a wanted poster in Snap fitness to try and recruit a workout partner.  Hopefully I'll have better luck.  Thanks for all your support and guidance.

What kind of supplements would be advised for someone wanting to loose 25 to 30 lbs and tone.  Not get bulky muscle wise.  Just definition.  Is creatine still good?  It's been 10 years since I looked at supplements.  Besides the Myoplex drinks, I'm in the dark.  Money is an issue!

Thanks

• you dont need any supplement to achieve your goals. just training and nutrition

• I agree that supplements are not essential. They are just that...supplements.

I use protein powder only for convenience (4 kiddies) and some variety (how much chicken, fish, ground beef etc can one eat when all I want is a quick fix!). And they are VERY pricey, so I think you may want to only choose one supplement that may be a convenience item for you. But again, I don't think they are essential to your success. If you are eating well and take a multi vitamin then you should be ok.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing great things from you!!!