BFL Warriors

• Frick,

I didn't think you were judging me since I didn't look like richard simmons.lol But I know what you mean. I wear a skull and cross bone bandanna some people talk to me some aren't sure if they should and others leave me alone. One of the instructers told me I should wear a different bandanna because I looked too scary and the girls are affraid to talk to me.lol. Did I mention I go there to wo. and I'm married anyway so not cruising. So all of the above works for me. The people that know me know why I'm there and we usually exchange niceties and get to work.

Have a good one.

• Hey Warriors,

No workout today will need to clean up the drive way. That means chopping ice and shoveling so that's enough of a wo for me.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Claude

• GOOD MORNING WARRIORS!!

I had a nice dinner out with my husband last night and just ate what I wanted.  This morning I did the stairclimber for 25 minutes & spinning for an hour.  Felt great.

I am scheduled to see a GI doctor on Tuesday.  I have the order for the catscan, but am holding off on scheduling anything until I see him.  I need to stop googling stuff and just wait to see what he has to say.  I'm making myself crazy!!

I don't drink, smoke, have never done drugs.  I don't take any meds and only take a few supps.  Wondering if 40% protein is too high....I have a list of questions for the doc on Tuesday; will let you all know how it goes.  I feel the prayers...keep them coming!!

Hugs to all of you.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Greetings Fellow Warriors,   BDMOM this is a special note for you from all of us.  We are here to provide your prayers and support during this difficult time.  Please trust in the power of positive thinking and I am sure the healing will follow. Hang in there, we know you are tough in times of challenge and you will perservere in this one too.

• BD<  Prayers for your health and peace of mind.  

• Happy Monday Warriors!

It's time to get our buts in gear for the day/week!  Are you ready to give it your all?  Great things are ahead this week for the Warriors!

I had a great WO this AM.  I shattered the PR's from this past Friday!  I'm feeling good today!  Taekwando starts back tomorrow.  I'm ready for it I think.  I realized it was helping with my overall mobility and all.

Anyone have anything crazy/weird/different going on this week?  Nothing for me....yet!  Kids go back to school tomorrow.  Hopefully we settle back in to our normal routine again.

Have a great day gang!

• GOOD AFTERNOON WARRIORS!!!!

I started the Jim Stoppani 12-week shortcut to size program today.  Feels good to be back into a routine.  I felt like a lost sheep the past few weeks.  The gym is busy with all the newbies, so I know it will be a bit frustrating the next month or so.....

Thank you all for the prayers.  I am trying to stay positive.  I have my appt. tomorrow afternoon, and more than likely the CT scan on Wed or Thurs.  I am hoping for Wed. morning, since I have to fast for four hours before.  I would like to just get up and take the kids to school and go from there.  Will let you know.

Parson:  My butt is in gear; thanks for the kick!!  Glad you killed that workout this morning.....always feels good.  Enjoy your Taekwondo; how many nights a week will it be this time?  Are your kids still doing it?  How is your daughter; is she all better?  Is there any chance of recurrence?  My kids are back to school today.  It was tough to get up and get going this morning, but I am sure we will be settled back into a routine soon.  Wish I had something exciting going on this week, but just icky medical stuff.  I'll have to think of something fun to do next week :)

Claude & Frick:  thanks for the laughs!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.  Check in and let us know if your year is off to a good start!!!

Have a great day!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Good Morning!

I have been poky this morning and really need to get moving, but wanted to check in and wish you all a happy day.  I will be heading to the gym in awhile and then to my dr. appt.  Will let you all know what I find out later today or tomorrow.

Get out there and throw some weights around, and fuel your body with clean food today!!

• Hey Warriors!

BDMom - Keep us posted!

BDMom again...it's just me and you posting here LOL!

OK - Here is my fitness spill for the week.  Just for fun, and to see what happens, I'm going to give carb backloading an earnest go for about 4 weeks.  No major changes to the overall diet, but carbs at night before I workout the next AM....blah blah blah.  Carbs, and therefore overall calories, will be lower on the days I don't have a WO coming up.  I expect I will lose a few pounds.  I guess I will see how it goes...nothing ventured/nothing gained?  

Have a great day Warriors!

• Hi guys!

Week one down and feeling SO MUCH better.  Good eating and great exercise, picking up weights again, and getting out of bed on time.  First hitch in my plan today, got downstairs and found my Husband on our elliptical machine, so I let him go with it, and will do my cardio when I get back home today.

BD, I am anxious to hear what you find out.  Parson, sounds like you have a good plan! Good luck:)

• Hey Warriors,

Wo  1 is done. Will check and see if Chris wants to go to the gym after school/ work and do some cardio. I'm hoping he does.

Weighed in yesterday and am happy to say that total gain si 0 #. Woohoo! So all that shoveling paid off. Linda has a kidney infection so she's on antibiotics for the next 10 days. Just talked to Linda I forgot to wake up Chris for school before I left, oooopppss! he got to school almost in time for lunch. So he should be PO at dad I think.

BD,

Have great wo and hope all goes well at the doc's.

Parson,

Carbs at night should help you sleep like a baby.

Have a great day warriors.

• Hi Warriors!

Claude: I hope Linda is feeling better soon. Great job on 0# gain over the holidays....just like a man to not gain any weight even when not watching what they eat!!! BTW, has your son ever heard of an alarm clock??!! ha ha

BD: Hope everything went well at the dr. Please keep us posted. I have been praying for you! I haven't quite started on  my strength program yet...still just been doing my own thing. I'm waiting til after my ortho appt tomorrow to see what he says about my shoulder. I'm worried b/c it has been bothering me even doing everyday tasks like putting on a shirt or vacuuming. Maybe it will be a good excuse to get out of housework....ha ha. No, really, I would rather do housework than deal with a rotator cuff injury!

Parson: I see a huge difference in my runs when I "carbo-load" the day or evening before. I have so much more energy!!!! No big plans for me this week...just the usual work, kids activities, etc. My hubby and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary next week. Our 2 boys are planning a surprise...can't wait to see what they have planned! Mickey asked me to buy balloons :) I hope your daughter is doing well. I don't think I ever asked what happened with her. If you don't want to share, I understand. She is in my prayers.

Frick: Hope all is going well with your workouts and clean eating!

WP: Are you in the midst of a challenge right now?

Miss: So glad to have an additional female posting regularly! Glad you are having good eating and great exercise!

I got up later today (after watching Alabama destroy Notre Dame....I don't like Alabama but at least the money will go to SEC teams which means my LSU will get to share some of the funds!) so I just got in a 4.5 mile run. I am thinking about hiring a running coach to help me set some PRs this year in races. I had a running coach in Texas and it really helped me improve and got me very close to qualifying for the Boston Marathon (missed it by less than a minute!!). I still will strength train, but I always need to have a goal....

Still living the vegan lifestyle and loving it! I don't miss any non-vegan foods one bit!! And yes, have been sugar-free since Christmas....woo hoo!! I feel good!

Have a great night Warriors!

• Howdy Warriors!!

OK, so I am a bit in shock and information overload, and still not exactly sure what is going on.  The doctor's preliminary diagnosis is Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, which isn't really even hepatitis, it is non-alcholic fatty liver disease.  I guess it is genetic/hereditary and you can get it without being "fat."  I have to go in for a liver/hepatic blood panel tomorrow and then the CT scan on Monday, which will also address the cyst on the kidney. He said most people who have it are insulin resistant, which I am not...but most are.  He also said that in 30% of cases, it can turn into cirrhosis.  He said that cutting protein would not make a difference, even though I am considering cutting out some forms of animal proteins (mainly meats).  He also said that gaining/losing weight is not good, and that I should work hard to maintain my weight where it is at.  I need to avoid the obvious high fat foods (trans & sat fats), but can still have some healthy fats.  Once the CT scan and bloodwork come back, he may want to do a liver biopsy to confirm the diagnosis, and to also make sure I am not holding iron in my liver.  My hormones have been fluctuating a lot and I am not having a cycle every month to rid my body of iron, so he suggested I donate blood monthly.  The last time I did that, I passed out and my blood pressure dropped to 70/40 for a few hours and they wouldn't even let me go home......gheesh!!!  So many things going through my head.  I am going to take it one day/test at a time and try to just figure it out from there.  Thanks again for the prayers and support!!

• Hey Warriors,

Went home after work and asked Chris if he wanted to go to the gym and he said he was too sore from his wo so we didn;t go. Glad I went to the gym at lunch and got mine in.

Linda is feeling a bit better antibiotics are starting to kick in. We went and did some groceries for ourselves and my mom. For my mom I put a box of quality street chocolates on her pillow sort of a play on when you stay at a fancy resort when they make your bed and leave a chocolate on the pillow. Will be hitting the gym at lunch for a bit of cardio, then will take Chris for his training session and will have a whirl pool and a sauna. Go home have dinner and go back and check out that kettle bell fusion class at 8 :30 depending on the weather they are calling for freezing rain today should be interesting drive home if we get it. Anyways that's the plan. My mom is suppose to leave Thurs. to come home but they are forecasting between 35 - 45 cm of snow Thursday and another 15 cm on Friday. So she may not be leaving as planned. 10 CM = 4 inches.

Runner,

HAHA! You are too funny but I did mention to him last night that he may want to start setting his alarm clock and guess what he did. He was up before I went to wake him up hopefully that will continue and one less chore in the morning for me. My daughter on the other hand I told her this morning when I was driving her to the bus stop and she flat out refused to. So a work in progress. LOL Teenagers HUH!

Glad to hear you are still enjoying the new lifestyle. I'm curious to what kind of meals you are eating will have to check mfp.

Sounds like a running coach would work wonders for you I guess the hard part is finding a good one. Good luck with that and maybe you will qualify for Boston. You were so close last time.

BD,

Sounds like you have alot on your plate right now. I'm praying that they find an easy and uncomplicated solution for you and it get fixed quick so you can get on with the things you enjoy. Thanks for sharing with us we are all in your corner. Keep us posted please.

Parson, WP, Frick,Cuervo, and all the rest of the warriors I hope you are still pushing forward as always.

Have a great day warriors.

• Hey warriors, Long lost dude checking in.. It's been a looong 2 and a half weeks.. holidays were really nice but work was soo busy so the holidays came and left in a blink of an eye lol.. Managed to get my workouts in but also did gain a few but it was all worth the QT with the family.... My latest student is 9 weeks in and down nearly 17lbs.. losing inches everywhere and really getting noticed with friends and family :) nothing greater than seeing someone work for their goal and achieving it! I have watched her grow in so many ways these last 9 weeks.. There have been alot of ?? regarding her "trainer" and possible new students lol.. Im taking things one day at a time though..

BD: I really hope things turn out ok for you. Im sorry you are dealing with alot right now but your a super strong lady and I will be praying for you as well..

Runner: Vegan?! Man I love my lean meats and not so lean meats too much to give them up lol.. If it's working for you though then its all good! I hope your shoulder check up goes well!

Claude: Man Major congrats on staying the same through the holidays.. Thats amazing friend lol.. Kettlebell fusion? tell me how that one goes.. sounds interesting.

Parson: I have been hearing talks of carb backloading at my gym too.. sounds good.. I might give that one a try as well. We have the group chicago performing here this weekend and are brand of adult beverages are being sold there so I will be helping with the beer garden for the concert.. should be a good time!

Frick: Hope you are doing well man..

To the rest of the warriors  Keep on a pushin!!

O one more thing.. I was recently featured on a web site for transformation trying to help inspire more people ;)

http://transformationpics.com/2013/01/02/transformation-profile-kaina-lbs-lost-103/#

Have a great rest of the week warriors!