BFL Warriors

• Morning Warriors!

WO is done!  A bum WO is better than none at all.  Today was just off for me.  Got to bed too late, and TKD just wore me out last night.  Actually hit a DL PR, but still missed my rep goal for the set.  It went down hill from there LOL!

Good job Soray!  Here's the preacher coming out in me...God working on you is always better than the gym!  Way to go on keeping things in perspective!

BD - How's the paper coming?  Hope you are nearly done with it!

Jessica - Welcome!  We are hard working crazy bunch, but mostly crazy LOL!

Anybody got any interesting things on the menu this week?  My wife made a big pot of white chicken chili last night...basically boneless/skinless chicken, northern beans, various fresh veggies added to it, and some seasoning!  It's very good - high protein/low fat stuff!  

Have a great day gang!  Give it all you got!  

• Per your request Parson, here's my Shrimp Sevichè  recipe.  Being from Florida, we both have access to good fresh shrimp, but frozen will do.

I roll mine up in a wheat flouta if I'm being healthy, or with chips if not.

8oz = 80 calories, 2g fat/ 4g carb / 10g prot.  This is truely the perfect food for BFL

Frick’s Sevichè Recipe

Lotta prep work, so start choppin’, warriors….

1 # shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cubed

I lg tomato or 3 plum tomatoes, diced

1/3 Red onion, minced (suggest a cusinarte for this one)

1 tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

Tabasco to taste ( from 0 to 3 tablespoons)

Cilantro to taste

Juice of 4 limes or ½ cup lime juice

Directions:

Peel, Devein, cube, dice, and mince all ingredients accordingly

Mix all ingredients IN A NON-METAL BOWL and mix by hand

Add lime and mix by hand.

Cover with plastic wrap.  Restir every two hours for 6 hours minimum

Serve with chips or in a wrap

Store in a plastic container and drain liquids after 24 hours.  Product keeps for several days, but is best served fresh.

• OMG!! What a workout today!!150 calf raises per leg, 150 overhead smith machine presses, 138 upright rows, plus overhead shoulder presses with dumbbells and side raises.  My trainer had me flip a 150# trailer tire around the parking lot too.  Wow! It was filthy; I looked like a mechanic when I was done....so glad I wore black today!  Anyhow, I got a great workout in and then came home and knocked out my second cardio.  To be quite honest, I am getting exhausted.  I am anxiuos to bring it hard the next few weeks, but also looking forward to giving my body a break!!!  Food is clean.  I did have a few small pieces of chocolate yesterday, but other than that, clean!!

Soraya:  Glad you are getting things worked out in your personal life!  Also glad you are finding a place where you feel comfortable with your diet.  Just don't get too comfortable, and make sure your protein doesn't fall too low.  Great job on workouts!!

Frick: not a seafood lover, but the recipe does look good.

Parson:  sorry you weren't feeling that workout today.  It happens to us all.  I was so glad today was a day to workout with my trainer; I wouldn't have gotten nearly the workout in if he wasn't there to push me; I woke up feeling drained of energy!!  We can't kill those workouts every time!!  I am on page 69 of my report, and probably have 5-6 pages to go, and then read, proof, clean it up, etc...before submitting.  I make a great white chicken chili recipe also; it just hasn't been cold enough to make it yet.  I have a pork tenderloin in my slow cooker that I will shred and add BBQ sauce on and make sandwiches for the family tonite.

I don't know if any of you have a cost plus world market near you, but today they have their coffees (buy one get one free); it's a great deal, and they have lots of flavors.  You can buy the beans and grind them in the store.  I bought a few bags for my husband and a few for my dad.  They also have their ceramic coffee mugs (buy one get one free); they have them gift packaged with a coffee sampler.  Those are great gifts to have on hand when you get that gift from someone unexpected and want to have something to give to them; also for teachers, etc....

Alright, gotta finish my lunch and get a few things done before the kiddos get home.

Have a great evening!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Where is everyone at?????

I am SO sore today....my back, shoulders, calves....totally feeling yesterday's workout!!  I am leaving for class in a bit, and then to the gym for a LBWO and cardio.  Already did my 25 minutes on the TM this morning.  I can't believe we will be done with this Gethin program in a little over three weeks.  I think my most noticeable changes are in my arms/shoulders.  Although a guy in my spin class, who knows I am doing this program (he is a friend on MFP) told me that my legs will be "show ready" when I am done with this program (ha).  I'm not quite there, but I'll take that compliment anyday!!  Food has been so much better, and I have lost one of the two pounds I gained over Thanksgiving.  Plan to stay committed til the end of this program!!  I really want my results to show all the hard work I've done, and not allow my diet to deflect from that.

Anyhow, I need to go put dinner in the slow cooker for tonite.  I hope you all have a fabulous day.  Remember to eat clean and workout dirty (I totally took that to heart yesterday; I should have taken a picture of me with all the black on my body from that tire)!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hey Warriors,

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. WO are going well still plugging away food is pretty good so far the weekend is here though. It's getting frosty here for now -10 C this am. We are expecting freezing rain tomorrow so a little warmer. Sleeping is not so great these days. But it is what it is. I keep waking up every hour on the hour for some reason. We are having an early family christmass dinner as mom will be away during the holidays.

Frick recipe looks yummy what size shrimp do you use.

BD,

I bet you were quite the sight. Should have made a video for us. Always wanted to try that never looked too hard for a tire maybe some day. Now was the tire filled with cement. I heard a few yrs. back that some guys fill them with cement. It's a full body wo any way you do it. All those little muscles you didn't know you had.lol Hope your feeling better soon. Let us know how long recovery time is from that wo. I know you won't give up now.

Parson,

Usually Mon. wo  is tough on me just another thing to work through. I hate it when that happens. Sometimes you just have to walk away and let it be its not the end all be all. Resume the next day.

Have a great weekend Warriors.

Claude

• Happy Friday Warriors!

WO is done!  It's been an odd week for workouts.  I know WO can be up or down like anything else in life.  So I will call them all good!  I am going to take a deload next week.  I hadn't planned on taking it this early, but I think I need to do it now.  It has been over 16 weeks since I missed a workout or taken a real day off.  Over the past 9 weeks I made progress I'm really happy with.  I added good strength to my bench, squat, and deadlift...all while only having weight change of about 5lbs or so.  So I'm happy with the progress and only want more!

I'm trying something new with my diet.  Nothing to crazy, but I am going to experiment with moving most of my carbs to later in the day.  I already kind of do it, but I'm just going to make more of an effort at it.  Everything else equal...I will try it out for a month or so and see how it does.  I don't expect anything magical, but I'm mainly interested in performance and I how I feel in general with it.

Claude:  -10°C...I thought it was starting to get a little cool up there.  The company I work for does a lot of work for Canadian companies (oil and gas stuff)...and the Canadians have been getting a little crazy lately.  We all attribute it to the cold weather LOL!

BDMom - My wife's white chicken chili was great!  As usual!  Great thing about it is that to me it's good as a leftover.

Have a great day gang!  We are bracing ourselves here for the Christmas parade tomorrow night!

• Hey Claude,

I use the smallest raw shrimp that are already peeled and deveined (life's too short).  Our local publix sells some frozen for about $8/lb.

• Good to catch up on everyone. Frick, that recipe sounds sooo good and actually the first time I had ceviche was in Costa Rica when we lived there, but they make it with fish instead. The lime "cooks" the fish and it is sooo good on crackers. I'd like to try it with shrimp too.  

Had a good week with workout, felt lazy a few times, but did it anyway even if delayed into the day. Food remaining in the 'authorized' categories except yesterday, Saturday was 2 free meals, due to Christmas Breakfast at Church. I am amazed at how confident I feel with myself now that I lost over 13 lbs. I realize how I lost my confidence the last 8 years as I let 15 lbs creep up on me and whenever my husband embraced me, I am sure he could also feel them rolls. Now I feel so confident and beautiful. But you don't appreciate anything until you loose it and have to work to gain it back, in this case confidence.

Why does it feel like everyone is so silent on MFP???? Or is it just me that feels like I miss you all on there? Have a great week.  

SorayaRosaria

• Hi Warriors!!!

I haven't posted in a while, but of course I think about all of the Warriors everyday! It is a lot easier to open up the MFP app on my phone than to log into this website....but I will try to be better about posting here too!

My workouts have been going well. I indulged a little too much on Thanksgiving, but I have been back on track with clean eating since then. I have decided to adopt a vegan lifestyle for both personal and nutritional reasons. I have been strictly vegan for one week now and so far, so good! It is very different for me not to eat meat (even though I only ate poultry) and to not do whey or casein (or any dairy products for that matter...eggs, greek yogurt), but I know a plant-based diet is best for my body. I think my body is getting used to the increase in carbs (healthy carbs...fruit, veggies, beans, and whole grains), but it is an adjustment.

I have been keeping up with 4 days of strength training and 3 days of running, continuing to do distance runs on Saturdays. I have fallen off the Gethin wagon since the week before Thanksgiving since I couldn't go to the gym due to my husband being out of town. However, I have still been doing my own strength routines and may decide to try Gethin again in the new year when I can fully commit to it. But, with that being said, I have signed up for another half marathon on March 17. It is my absolute favorite half-marathon that I have run with my 2 sisters and brother in law the past 2 years, so I can't wait!!! Nice and flat and at the beach....what more could I ask for???!!!

I think about all of you each day!!!! Have a great week!!!!

• Happy Monday!!!

I finished my 74-page nutrition final and submitted it.  Fingers crossed.  I have gotten full points for every assignment in there so far; she isn't too tough on grading.  This Thursday will be my Biology lab practical final and next Thursday my Biology class lecture final.  Can't wait to be done with this semester.  Food and workouts are going well.  I did indulge a bit over the weekend and didn't do cardio on Sunday.  I shopped with the girls all weekend though, so that counts for something.  Staying busy as usual.  There is so much going on this time of year, it's tough to slow down and truly enjoy it all.

runnermom:  Always good to see you here!!  I am sure your body will respond well to the change in diet.  I will be curious to find out how your energy levels are after following it for awhile.  I am trying to figure out what to do for workouts next, but was thinking of doing Gethin maybe again in April/May to prepare for the summer.  You will be done with your half by then, and maybe we can do together.  I got an email from bodybuilding.com yesterday with a 6-week shred workout that I need to check out.  I may do that after the first, if it looks appealing to me.  How much time will you get off of work for the holidays?

Soraya:  I have been so busy and don't feel like I have been checking in to MFP as often as I usually do.  I will be able to breathe again soon, after my finals and will be able to be on there a bit more, and here too!!  It is amazing what fat/weight loss will do for your confidence.  Wear it well and enjoy it, and remember that feeling when you want to indulge too much!!

Parson:  I hope you are enjoying your deload week; it sounds as if you are due!!  Your body seems to respond well to those late day carbs.  I am the opposite.  Anxious to hear how the new eating plan works out for you, and if you feel it fuels those early morning workokuts.  I hope your daughter is continuing to improve!!  Hope you enjoyed the parade.  I will be making my chicken chili this weekend.  I am going hiking with my dad and sister, and my dad loves it, so I will make it and he will come over to watch football and hang out.

Claude: Heck no, the tire didn't have cement in it; it was 150#'s without!  It was one of those huge tractor type tires.  It would have made a humorous video, I am sure!!  Be watching for me on utube around Christmas time.  I am going ice skating with Delaney and all the 5th graders, and I haven't been on ice skates in years!!  Did you and Linda get out of town over the weekend?

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

• Good day Warriors,

First things first, Temp. here today is a balmy 14 C. T shirt weather for me. WO are going well, will finish decorating outside tonight. I usually wait till it gets to be -40 or so and *** the whole time and swear I'll never put them up the next yr. lol. Getting smarter in my old age. Yesterday we had one of the ballast short out at work. went to breakfast with the boys came back tried to work got a head ache from the fumes went home. Once I got out into the fresh air for a while felt much better. Went to the gym and did my wo. Felt good getting it done even if it was just one circuit. Dit it in 45 min. so pleased with that.

Runner,

What made you decide to go vegan and is all the family with you on this. I may try to do it after the holidays maybe. Let us know how it's going. You should get an energy surge at some point. Are you using any books to help you?

BD,

Finally finished what a load to get off of your shoulders. You should do well. I'm not sure how I would do with that tire . Skating is like riding a bicycle once you know how you never forget. The first few steps are the hard ones. enjoy. I may go down jto our skating rink with Chris this winter. We have a canal 7 miles long that runs from our downtown out to a lake the the canal sytem goes about another 500 miles west. This is a huge tourist attraction.

Parson,

Hope all is well at your end. Really hope your daughter is getting better and will be able to enjoy christmass.

Cuervo, Island, Soray, and anyone else I forgot be strong keep pushing as always the end is near embrace each smalll victory savour the moments.

Have a great day all.

Claude

• Morning Warriors!

Claude - 14C is very balmy for this time of year up there!  Enjoy while you can!

Runner - So are you going full blown vegan, if that's the right way to ask....eliminating dairy, eggs, cheese too?  Even whey proteins with milk stuff in them?  That is a huge change for sure.  Is this a permanent change or just for a few months?  Sorry for all of the questions, I find it very interesting.  The topic comes up on occasion on the bodybuilding.com forums.  It's a touchy subject to say the least!

BD - Glad you got the paper done!  

Deload is going well.  I did some stretching stuff yesterday and have TKD tonight.  Wendy worked out with me yesterday and we are working on nailing down her routine this week.  It was a lot of fun.  Just for Cuervo we even worked out in the evening LOL!  The carb backloading is going ok too.  I've cut my calories back this week since I'm not as active, but only by a by a few hundred at the end of the day.  It's water weight and all, but I've dropped 6lbs in about 3 days LOL!  I'm mainly working on making the timing fit with my natural schedule.  My number ONE rule is that dieting in any form is not supposed to be stressful.  I'm starving on 3000 or 5000 calories, so I have to live with that part LOL...the rest of it is life long learning and growing in all of this!

Have a great day gang!  Give it your best!

• Good Morning all!!!

I am heading out to school in a few, but wanted to check in and say Hi!!  Food and workouts still going good, and I am getting my final burst to blow through these next few weeks!!  Ready to finish well. Then a week off and then not sure....I was looking at a HST (hypertrocphy specific training) on bodybuilding.com....will have to research some more.  My trainer said he could put something together for me as well.

The bodybuilder that I have mentioned from my gym, who has tried to get me to compete, is actually on bodybuilding.com if you want to look him up.  His name is Troy Alves...just put him in the search engine.  He is ripped, to say the least..ha.

Make it an Awesome, productive day!!!!

• HELLOOOOOO.......WHERE....IS.....EVERYONE????  No posts yesterday at all, and only 3 on Tuesday!  That is crazy!!  I know this time of year is hectic for all of us, so I hope you all are getting it done, and taking care of yourself as well!!!  Maybe we can all resolve to be a bit more regular on here after the first.  I miss you all!!  MFP is nice, but this is a bit more personal and I like to hear about what you all are doing!  That being said, I am insanely busy but still making the most of my workouts and eating.  I am going to be the strictest I've been with my diet the next two weeks to really focus on getting the best return from this program.  I have my lab practical final today, and then my last final next week.  Soooo ready to be done with this semester.  Tomorrow will be a busy day as well.  Our "carpool" parents are out of town, so I am solo.  I have to juggle three kids.  The high schoolers are doing service projects and get done at noon, so have to try to figure out how to be in two places at once to pick them up.  I will then take them to lunch and let them do some Christmas shopping before we have to pick up Lane at 3:00 and then she wants to go shop for her friends.  My kids also get a personalized Christmas ornament every year, so I told them we would do that as well.  I will be spinning on Saturday and hiking on Sunday...so that will be my cardio for the weekend!

K.....gotta go study.  Have a fantabulous day!!!

• Holiday Greetings Fellow Warrior,  I am sure that many of you are out doing your holiday tasks but  please feel free to check in with us here from time to time and let us know how you are doing and what you're planning in the near future.  BDMOM: Sound like you have a lot on your plate again and I hope your 72 page final does well on nutrition.  Would you qualify as a "soccer mom" in the sense of the word??  Best wishes to you and your family this season.  Parsons: Seems like your are progressing  quite well despite all the personal upsets this year, I hope your next year is a better one.   Claude: Thanks for the support and for checking in with us this month.  RunnerMom:  Is it true what I read in the Mens Fitness Hard BOdy Plan book, that running in itself will never increase your overall strength because it reaches a certain plateau and that this is a good reason to supplement with weight training(thats not from me but a runner health expert who contributed to the book and plan). ??? Just wondering how true that statement is.   IslandDude:  Mele Kaliki Maka, I hope my spelling isn't so bad but you know what I mean on this one, ...I hope so.   How is it going for ya with the kettlebells, any on your Christmas list this year.   Tazz: Best wishes for you and hand in there we are all rooting for you in your current " challenge" in life and praying for you as well. I believe you are in good hands with that health group and with their success rate I believe you can win this challenge hands down.    ANy one I missed , best wishes to you this season and keep in touch.   I am, this week finishing up studying and reading the Mens Fitness Hard BOdy Plan and getting ready to map out my workouts and  food programs for it in January.  I tried to get some supplments on line . GAT Jet fuel but ended up with a post workout drink I didn't need and can't take then in January (it has creatine and I will be cycling off of that for most of January until February, currently using Crea7ine Red by MRI until finished later this month) Good results but a real kiddy like fruit punch flavor, kinda tastes like the old safety fruit lollipops for kids but with a fizzy touch.  Well got to go get those christmas cards ready and hit the gym today for some overall workout and cardio, using machines mostly right now until weights again in January with the new system for 12 weeks.