BFL Warriors

• Hey gang!!!

It has been a while since I checked in. Things are going good in life. Workouts are good and I am making steady progress. Still have 5 weeks left in the Gethin routine. I gained 6 pounds of muscle and lost 5 pounds of fat. So I am 1 pound heavier but heading in the direction I want. Between being a father, husband, working overtime daily, teaching class 2 evenings a week, and a weekend job it is hard to fit it all in but I am managing.

I hope you are all doing well. Welcome to Frick and Jessica. We are usually more active than we have been lately. Come on warriors, we fell to page 2. We should be ashamed.

Have a great thanksgiving everyone. I will be working till 7 pm but will have a scaled down family dinner when I get home. I have so much to be thankful for. I am truly blessed.

Later gang.

• Happy humpday Warriors,

Feeling great today will be going to the gym with Chris tonight. Ready for my walking challenege don't know if I will have enough time to do 45 min. I still have part of Mon. wo to fit in or not we will play it by ear see how I feel when I get there. I have found the sweet spot for doing squats finally. Started at 90 lbs. for 10 then 110 for 10. will progress from there as I get more comfortable and also figured out deadlifts too. win win for me. Tomorrow starts Claude's taxi service again early wakeup so will do my abs at work tomorrow. I will need to get my rest in somehow and still plan on KB Sat.

Cuervo,

You are the WARRIOR of the week in my books and an insperation to us all. I didn't realize how busy you were and you still fit in your wo's. I hope you have the best turkey day you can under those circumstances. Hopefully you won't start getting used to those crazy hrs. Once you stop you may not know what to do. lol. So I guess shopping is out of the question for you. Now I know why we don't hear from you very often,thanks for making the effort and checking in. Stay strong.

That's all the time I have for today.

Have a fantastic day warriors.

Claude

• Good Morning Warriors!!!

I will be heading out soon to do a LBWO with my trainer.  Kids get out early today, so we will run errands and come home and bake.  Britt has voice lessons this evening, but other than that, we can stay home and get stuff done!!  Workouts and food are good; can't say the same for tomorrow ;)

Claude:  way to get it done!!!  Glad you are getting those exercises figured out!  

Cuervo:  always good to see you check in  here.  Try not to get run down with all those hours you are putting in!!! I guess you are thankful you have a job, and an understanding family.  I know you will make the best of the time you have with your wife and kiddos tomorrow.

Everyone....have a fabulous Thanksgiving tomorrow, and take some time to reflect on the things in your lives that you truly are thankful for!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Greetings Fellow Warriors and just a short note today  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate !!!   Be careful what you eat still if you can, remember make the smarter choices and sometimes it's what you put on the meal items not the items themselves (yams are still yummy without the candy stuff and turkey in itself is a good source of protein, just watch the gravy amounts on everything ) hope this helps everyone a little, especially if you are still on a challenge. Keep Moving Forward!!

• Hey, Frick chiming in.  Wishing all of you a happy thanksgiving.  I survived Austin, but not sure if anything respectable even remotely relating to body for life is worth posting here.  To put the weekend in perspective, I woke up on Saturday morning with uvulitis as a result of shoving frier-hot french fries down my throat.  It pretty much went downhill about 30 hours before that...too much food/drink.  No workouts, but I did manage to walk almost 3x a normal day, so low impact cardio was about as close to anything you would be proud of.  OK, plenty of 12 oz curls and lots of reps per set.

I'm back home and back on the straight and narrow.  Uvula is back to normal size and only a small burn mark on my soft pallet.  Do you think I can sue McDonalds?  No warning that their delicious fries may lead to this...

LOL,

Cheers, Y'all,

Frick

• Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating Warriors,

I am thankful to have such a great family here. You never seem to give up on me and kick me when I need it too. Words alone can't expain how good it feels to be part of this group.

For me it's work as usual. Already had my turkey day.

WP,

Thanks for checking in. Sounds like your keeping it clean way to be.

Frick,

Couldn't you wait until the fries cooled down a bit man, I think you learned your lesson the hardway I think. Maybe too many curls before going to McDonalds. I'm sure you could most likely find a lawyer to plead your case not sure if you'd win. But I bet McDonalds would have warning labels posted on thier containers afterward. lol. Good luck with that too.

Let the festivities begin enjoy!

Claude

• HAPPY THANKSGIVING WARRIORS!!  I hope you all had a fabulous day with family and friends.  My eating was UGLY!!!  Back at it tomorrow.  Getting up waaay too early to hit the crowds; I always go out on Black Friday.  Call me crazy, but I love it!!

Let's not let one day of bad eating turn into a weekend of it!!

Have a great weekend!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hey Warriors,

Might go to the gym today if I don't have to watch the shipping door for the guys as they are going out for lunch and I am limited to what I can eat there. So volunteered to stay behind if nescessary.

BD,

Be carefull today. Black Friday gets real crazy wouldn't want you to get injured out the for the sake of a deal. You are a WARRIOR for even going. Crazy yes but shopping is a womans sport. lol.

Amy,

Who did you listen to and how are you feeling today. Did the sugar get you.

Parson,

Did you roll out of bed this am. I bet it wasn't pretty.lol. Are there any collard greens left.

Cuervo,

Hope you had a good time what little of it you had with your family.

Dude,

Did you get time with the kiddo's.

Soray,

Did you get to enjoy your time. Did you drink lots and lots of water. Back at it today right.

WP, FRick, Tazz, , anyone else I may have missed hope you had a wonderfull  time with your family.

Have a great day and knockout those wo's.

Claude

• Happy Friday Warriors!

Claude - I did roll out of bed, and I nailed my WO with a passion and fury!  I hit all time PR's on squat and bench press!  I am pumped for sure!!!

Yes, we have some collards left over.  I ate a ton yesterday, but our main feast is big, but generally pretty healthy by most standards.  Baked turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes (homemade with only a little butter and milk), lots of fresh veggies....now the desserts are another story.  My FIL made my favorite - home made apple pie.  It will be finished off today LOL!  Man was it good.  Scale only budged about 2lbs from all of it.  Was expecting more to be honest... :-(

We don't do much black friday shopping...we will go out to town in a bit.  There are never deals good enough for me to justify fighting a crowd in the dark.  In general, I would pay more just to avoid being around that many people LOL!

Nat - Are you finding good deals today?  Is black friday shopping your WO for the day?

Have a great day gang!  Make it happen!

• Happy Monday Warriors!

Back to back posts by me...what's up with that?

WO is done for the day.  Good workout, and I finally got some good REST last night.  Imagine that...good rest = better workout!

Thanksgiving taught me that I have to track my daily food intake to the best of my abilities.  I don't regret the meals or time with family one bit, but it's back on the wagon today LOL!  I know exactly why my weight got out of hand years ago...it's because I know how to eat...and eat...and eat.

Have a great day gang!  Hit it hard, and it give it your all!

• Back on the straight and narrow after Thanksgiving.  I copped a good core workout today (Ab Ripper with some shoulder work).  Incorporating more shoulder/lat/oblique weights into the routine and splitting up lower/upper/core for weights on a weekly basis.  I have had shoulder separation(s) and use that as an excuse to favor them, but need to build a little more muscle around them and maybe keep them in their respective sockets as a result.

Accountability check:  I feel that I am not hitting my 10's on cardio.  Need to get more pumped before and during the workout.  Any tips from you long distance runners out there?  I swear, I don't know how you do it.

As a result of the slack cardio, I may have some negative numbers next year on my cholesterol.  Hope it's not to late to attone before March (my annual physical).  This year I saw 122 for the first time since I started tracking it, so hope to hit around that number again, but know that it is all about DIET AND EXERCISE, not rocket surgery...

Hope everyone is back on track and allowed themselves to get a little off track last week.  Life's too short.

Cheers,

Rick

• JUST WROTE A HUGE POST AND LOST IT AGAIN!! Was about to copy and paste before submitting and poof gone!!  Soooo frustrating!!!  Anyhow, I am back on the straight and narrow from now until Dec. 22nd, when we finish this routine.  Food has not been good the past several days, but as of today food and workouts are on track!  I am ready to push myself as hard as I can the next four weeks!  It's going to be a busy time for me the next few weeks, as I have finals, and a HUGE report due for my nutriton class.

Anyhow, I hope you all enjoyed your time with your families and are back to taking care of YOU!!

Let's make it a great week!

• What friendly welcomes.  Thank you.  You're a very inviting group.  I love the energy. 

Although not currently on BFL Challenge, back I am here "home".  :)

Last year I did my Challenge during the holidays, which is actually somewhat easy for me to handle because I don't go out as much in the winter.  This year I have more plans and want the flexibility.  I just want to bang it out earlier in the year because I live in a city with great outdoor patio happy hours and the spring here is just amazing for such outings. 

I look forward to getting to know more about this group and you as individuals. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Good Morning Warriors!!

I can't believe we are in our last week of November.  I stayed up late and worked on my paper for my nutrition class.  I am up to 69 pages, and not done yet.  It is our final, and counts for a large portion of our grade.  I really want to try to finish it this week, so I can concentrate on Biology for the next two weeks.  Speaking of, I will be heading out for class soon, and then to the gym for a quick workout.  I already knocked out my first cardio this morning.  Food and workouts are good.  Every time I want to splurge, I tell myself that I only have four more weeks to go.  I know there are so many goodies that I will be enjoying once I finish, so I want to hit it hard until the end, and earn them.  Although, I don't want to undo all my hard work, so will still try to practice moderation/portion control.  I am still pondering what to do next.  Not sure how to follow up a routine like this one!!  I did face the scale this morning and I am up 2# from pre-Thanksgiving.

Jessica:  Doing a challenge during the holidays is a blessing/curse all in one.  It keeps me motivated and workouts are strong, but the food is tempting, and sometimes wins.  But, since I know I am in a challenge, I jump right back into it instead of letting it get away from me, and letting one day of bad choices turn into many days.  An early year challenge sounds good; it definately will prepare you for all those fun spring outings.

Frick:  Be careful wtih that shoulder. Great job on those cholesterol readings.  I have to really be diligent with exercise and diet; my mom's side of the family has high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Parson & Claude:  I did find some amazing deals on Friday.  A lot of the stores open earlier now, so I didn't run into many long lines or crowds.  I do out with the attitude of...."if it still there, I'll get it, and if not, it's no big deal."  I did get a good jump on my holiday shopping though.  

Alright, I need to go eat and get ready to head to class.

Have a great day, Warriors!!

• Well helloooooo!!! I've been missing in action on this site for over a week now! It all seems so overwhelming to catch up on after so long. No, I haven't put my challenge aside, just so much going on in personal life, but all is soooo good, things are turning around emotionally and God has been doing an interior work that I am loving.

I have only taken Thanksgiving day off to splurge on evil food, and that week I missed 2 WO's, but other then that, WO's have been on track and eating also, except the Protein intake has been on the low side compared to C1 and the first couple weeks or so in this Challenge. I am way more relaxed and not watching the precision of intake balance as much but still losing. I love feeling stronger, love what I see in the mirror and love how small I feel when my hubby embraces me! I will never go back to feeling fat!! Greetings to everyone, gotta run to take Sharah to school, otherwise I would take time to greet each one by name. At least we have stayed in touch at MFP. Great rest of the week to you all. Hugs.

SorayaRosaria