BFL Warriors

• Quick check-in...second one today!!!!

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT LIFE IS GOOD AND GOD IS GREAT!!

First of all Delaney is fine.  She has a benign condition that lots of young girls get called Orthostatic Intolerance/Vasovagal Syncope, but it is fine and won't affect her in the long run.  It has something to do with the fluctuation in blood pressure.  Soooo happy!!!!

The large mole that Brittany had removed from her head came back benign as well.

I did go to the doctor today for the rash on the bottom of my foot; I am definately having a reaction to something, but not sure what.  It could be the numbing spray they used, or the "booster" in the shot with the cortisone, or the cortisone itself.  Whatever it is, it is clearing up some today.  I will continue to soak in hot epsom salt baths for a few days.  I was relieved to hear that the cortisone often takes days or weeks to lessen the pain, so that is wonderful.  It still may not work for me, but I am holding out hope.

On a lesser, but still magnificent note, I got a 98 on my Biology test.  And, I saw a bodybuilder at the gym today that I haven't seen in awhile and he started on me again about competing.  He told me that so many women & men that decide to compete have so far to go, and I don't.  I am rather modest and don't like to brag, but feel like I can do that here.  I would never compete, but it's still totally flattering!!

I am going to have a fabulous weekend!!  You all enjoy yours as well.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• HI Warriors!!!!

BDMom: Great news on all fronts!!!!! Yes, God is awesome and the plans He has for us are great! I'm so happy about Delaney and Britt, and that you did well on your biology test!!!! And of course you could compete....no question about it! Your hard work is definitely showing!!!! I am going to look into the program you and Cuervo are doing. I really need something to push me out of my comfort zone!

WPBill: Good to hear from you! Wow, already 8 weeks into your new program....time flies!!! Keep up the good work! Let us know about your progress.

Ok Warriors I ran 6 miles outdoors this morning and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED every minute of it!!!!! This fall weather is a real motivator for me! My legs and glutes were screaming at me b/c of yesterday's LBWO at the gym (okay, I was probably a little too overambitious on my heavy lifting yesterday), but it felt SOOOO good to be sore and to be able to push through it and go for 6 miles at a decent pace. Not as fast as my usual runs, but not too shabby after killing my legs yesterday! I came home and tortured myself some more by getting on my foam roller, but it was definitely needed!

It will be a busy day with 2 football games and Mike is working so I will be running around like crazy trying to get the kids everywhere on time!!! I will have to be packing a cooler today b/c we will be gone from 11 to 3 between the 2 games.

Have a great weekend Warriors! Enjoy every minute of it!!!

• Hey Gang....

I know I dont stop in much anymore.... health problems seem to be getting the best of me lately.   It's been 9 months since my gall bladder was removed with not much improvement in my eating and not enough energy to even think about working out... I am down to 155 pounds (from 196 in January of 2012) and now I am possibly looking at yet another health battle to deal with.... Tomorrow morning at 9 am I am scheduled for an endoscopic biopsy at the Kierklin Clinic at the University of Alabama Medical Complex. The surgical oncologist I saw this past Thursday did not like the my most recent CT scans showed (which was not there when a CT scan was done just before my gall bladder surgery in february) It seems the lymph nodes behind my left kidney are indicating something may be wrong... so they will attach an ultrasound device on the endoscopic tool and locate the area on the other side of my colon and then stick a needle through the wall of my colon and extract tissue samples for testing.... I was told it may take up to 72 hours to get results.... There is cancer that runs in my family, my mother survived colon cancer and my father has survived prostate cancer... I am currently drained both mentally and physically. I know there is nothing you can do here... I am just trying to keep you informed of my journey to better health, which isnt lately.... I still do enjoy following my friends here and watching your daily progress and following the newer Warriors that have joined recently..... I so want to get back to a point where I can workout again, but have no idea if and when that will happen.... Keep doing what ya'll know to do.... and thank you for your friendship... it really means alot...

J Peter Mock  aka Tazz

Learning to be Happy with Where I am in Life...

• Morning Warriors!

Very quick post for me!  Hope to come back later and explain, but it's all good.  UBWO is done and looking forward to an awesome week!

Buff - Glad to hear from you friend!  I will be praying with you and for you on this test you have tomorrow!  Greater is He that's in me....you are a true Warrior!

• Good Morning Warrirors!!

Super busy day for me, but won't bore you with the details.  I am spinning this morning, and I love to spin!!!  Food is planned and clean.  This is my final week of this 12-week challenge.  I know I didn't get the results I wanted with my foot setting me back for 5-6 weeks, but I still made some progress.

BUFF:  I am praying right now that your procedure this morning goes well, and that they don't find anything alarming.  Please make sure to check back in when you get your results and let us know.  We are anxious to have you back and hope you are feeling so much better soon!!!  HUGS!!!

Parson: You better come back and explain...at least all is good; that is the important part.  

runnermom:  guess we caught up via email over the weekend, so nothing new here.  Enjoy your week.

Have a great day all!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi Warriors!

Tazz: I am so sorry to hear about all you have been going through. Your procedure tomorrow doesn't sound like much fun, but please know that I will be praying for you. Thank you so much for thinking of the Warriors and checking in with us. Please let us know what you find out when the results are in. God has plans for all of us, and His plans are good. I know He is with you through all of this. Hang in there....you are a Warrior!

Parson: Glad you got in your UBWO this morning! Hope you have a great day!

Okay Warriors I have made some new decisions about my workout and nutrition plans. I have decided to train for the Thunder Road Half Marathon which is on November 17. I officially started my training this past Saturday with my 6 mile run and I will continue to build my weekly mileage from there. I signed up for the race yesterday so there is no turning back now! I would love to beat my time from last year, which was 1:51. Right now I plan to do 3 short runs during the week, and my distance run on Saturdays. Of course I will keep up with my strength training workouts at least 4x per week. I am looking into doing the Kris Gethin program with BDMom and Cuervo for my strength training.  I need to make sure I can fit it all in!

On the nutrition end, I'm changing things up a bit. This may sound a little different, but I'm actually going to cut back on eating as many vegetables. I have been fitting in veggies into almost every meal, which makes at least 4 or more servings a day, and I haven't always been adding in a starchy carb. This hasn't worked too well for me, as I have been getting really bad stomach pains (I think my body can't digest all of those veggies very well), and I have also been having bad cravings for carbs and then end up eating things I shouldn't. So, from now on, I'm going to try very hard to stick to 2-3 servings of veggies per day and 2 servings of fruit, and add a starchy carb to each meal (except maybe my meal right before bed...will probably stick to mainly protein at that meal still).

My workout this morning was awesome! I ran for 30 minutes....a GREAT run and I sweat, sweat, and sweat some more! Then I did UBWO focusing on shoulders and triceps. I also did intervals of kettlebell clean and snatches...I have mastered the 25# and will be moving up to 30# soon....woo hoo!!! I used to struggle with my 20# KB so I love seeing this progress! I also did some farmer walks holding the 25# KB above my head, just for fun...ha ha!

Have a great day Warriors! I hope you have a great start to a great week!

• BDMom: Guess we were posting at the same time! Have fun spinning today!!!! Can't wait to hear about your progress this challenge!!!

• Hey Warriors,

KB Class was awesome on Saturday still feeling it. Food on the weekend was up and down as per normal it seems. Not that bad. I made enough black bean and squash filling to last us for a while. Julie is requesting it every other day and Chris is ok with it too. Bonus! Went over to my moms place on Sunday to get the ball rolling on getting her an ID bracelet since she has early onset dimentia. She wasn't to thrilled about it but had to explain it was for her own safety and she may be ok today but in 5 yrs. who knows. So I told her I would rather explain things now while she understands whats going on with her. I had my sister with me. We have decided to take care of things between us. As for doc. appt. she said she would handle that and I will take care of the finance end of things. Paying rent and such banking. So we maid progress today my aunt will take her to her doc's aptt. as my sister can't and already made arrangements with her. My moms sister they can make a day of it.

Buff Tazz,

Hope all goes well for you and will be praying too. Go on line and look up Rebounding easy way to get moving again. Thanks for letting us know whats going on. Keep in touch more often and stickin your 2 cents too. I need a kick every once in a while don't be shy.

Will check back later gotta run.

Have a great day WARRIORS!

Claude

• Morning Warriors!

LBWO is done.  I took my DL up to 365 today.  I'm getting closer to 400, but not quite there yet.  I started my warmup sets for front squats and decided to walk away from the WO today.  I just had that feeling that I needed to leave this one where it was for the day.

Buff - Do you know anything about how the test went?  Let us know!

OK - About our crazy past few days.  Nothing bad, but definitely bigger picture change for our family.  Wendy is a Special Education teacher and she decided in August it was time to go back to the class room.  Long long story short...she is substituting 3 days per week in the local school system until the full time position she wants opens up.  It could be as early as the return from Christmas break.  Her part time job with the doctor in town gave her the chance to meet several school board members etc...and basically the whole process got expedited.  Yesterday morning the phone rang at 6:15 for her first day.  She had that look in her eye when she got home that said she loved it and has missed it for long enough.

Runner - half marathon!  WOW - that will be fun.  I think I will start training to walk half my block LOL!  Is your training/prep time a little truncated for a half marathon?  You have about 8-10 weeks I guess?

Cuervo - I gave up at half time on the game.  I felt like the Falcons could handle it from there and they did.  That first half was definitely crazy.  Not that it mattered overall, but I think the refs messed up that fumble before half.  Still crazy officiating.  What kind of double are you doing today to make up?

BD - Thanks for the email on the PB2 sale.  I needed to place another order this week anyway.  Being from GA I have to pay the tax if I buy from them.  We signed up for Amazon Prime last month and the free 2 day shipping really saves on stuff like this.

Are any of you reading/studying up on anything in particular with exercise or nutrition?  I started reading about the biorythym diet some yesterday.  Not sure how much if any of it I would use, but it is form of carb backloading with some science behind it (not saying science is true or false, but it is mentioned LOL).  Anyway, it's just something I came across and it caught my attention.  I'm not sure I have the best links on it yet, but when I do I will post them up for information.

Have a great day Warriors!

• Hi Warriors!

I got up and went to the gym this morning and killed my LBWO!!!! It was awesome. I also did 20 minutes on the stairmill. BDMom, I admire you for doing that machine so faithfully! I always feel like a spaz like I'm about to miss a step and go flying off. I have to look down at my steps or else I know I would miss one! Anyway, I got it done and plan to do it on Tuesdays for something different than running. My run days will be M, W, TH and Saturdays. Nutrition is packed and clean for the day. I ate less veggies yesterday and felt GREAT....not nearly as hungry as usual since I added a starchy carb to each meal instead of only veggies.

Parson: My half marathon training plan works out perfectly since I did a 6 mile run this past Saturday. Every Saturday I build on my mileage which will put me at 13 miles 2 weeks before the race, and then the Saturday before the race I cut back down to 8, and then have a week to do short runs, and then the BIG DAY! I have done enough half marathons over the past few years that my body is already conditioned for the long runs (I have done at least 12 half marathons over the past 2-3 years). To me, it is a piece of cake, especially compared to my old days of full marathon training which was really extensive. On your reading/studying question, you know I am ALWAYS reading a book on fitness/nutrition! Right now I am reading "Lose it for Life" which is a Christian-based book on nutrition and fitness. I love it b/c it looks at the emotional and spiritual aspect of a healthy lifestyle. The author is Stephen Auterburn, who has written some devotionals I have read in the past. So far it is a great book and has helped me a lot.

Claude: I hope everything goes okay with your mom. I know that has to be hard. I'm not looking forward to my parents getting older. I hate to even think about it. Why haven't you been on MFP???? Get back on there and log those foods!

Tazz: I am praying for you each day. Please keep us posted.

Okay Warriors have a great day!!!!!!

• OK, first things first.  I heard from Staats, and wanted to share.  I copied and pasted some of the email so you all know what is going on with him.  I told him that he is missed terribly and we would love to have him back when he can find the time.

I hope you are doing well.  I have been crazy busy at work and home.  However, life is good.  I finished 2 challenges; 1 with my friend Dave, and then with another co-worker named Sean.  Both finished and did extremely well.  They have had issues maintaining once I left them alone, but they are finding their way!  I am currently in week 2 for marathon training – running 4 days a week and lifting 2.  The family is my blessing from the LORD.  Macy is 10 months, has 2 teeth, and looks like mommy – we spoil her rotten and the other 3 boys adore her.  Seth, Wyatt, and Nolan are all in school (Nolan is in preschool).  I was busy this summer with baseball, I ended up coaching All Stars and Seth and his buddies came with in 2 games of going to the World Series – it was so cool.  They won state and met a ton of boys at Regional’s from all over the mid west.

I hope you and your family are doing well.  How is college going?  I personally know how hard going to college, working and taking care of a family can be.  I am proud of you for even attempting it.  Tell the Warriors I said hello.  Once I get time and reset my password I will drop a line.  Have a great day.

• OK, now on to me.  I come here this morning with an extremely heavy heart.  When I got home yesterday, I walked in to our Golden Retriever, CheyAnne, lying lifeless in our kitchen.  She had passed away when I was gone, and her body was already getting stiff.  She must have passed not long after we left.  It was totally unexpected.  She was eleven years old, but didn't seem to have any symptoms that would prompt this.  The doctor said he expects a seizure or heart attack.  I had to call my husband out of a meeting to get him home to take CheyAnne to the vet before the kids got home.  I didn't want them to see her like that.  Then once I finally felt like I had composed myself, my "carpool" dropped the kids off at home and I had to break the news to them.  They were heartbroken.  We have had to have dogs put down but never had one die in the home.  The girls were upset that they didn't get to say good-bye.  When Britt was 3 years old, she picked CheyAnne out of the litter, so she had a very special bond with her.  I miss her so much already!  Anyhow, I am down 1/2 pound this morning, but it is an emotional loss; I didn't eat anything after noon yesterday.  I am back on track today and had a good breakfast and will be leaving for school soon.

runnermom:  You are probably going faster on the stairclimber than I do.  I keep at a pretty moderate speed and concentrate more on leg strength.  However, I have nearly missed a step a few times.  I try not to hold on.  I think your body will respond well to the new foods.  I also am glad that you are happy with the plan you mapped out for your training going forward.  Good job!!

Parson:  I am so happy for Wendy that she is doing something she truly loves.  Congrats to her!!  You are welcome for the email.  My sister is able to get me the regular at the commissary, but I ordered some of the chocolate and some of the PB thins.  We haven't tried them, but I bet they are good!

Claude:  It sounds as if you and the family are taking great care of your mom.  I am so sorry, dementia/alzheimers is a very sad thing to deal with.  We want to see you back over on MFP logging those foods and workouts.  How is the foot??

K all, I am going to go do an ab tape and then get ready for school.

Have a great day!!

• It has been a rollercoaster ride for me today.... had my biopsy yesterday at the UAB Kirklin Center (Cancer Clinic) and preliminary results show I have Pancreatic Cancer... A tumor 2.8 x 2.3 cm growing inside my pancreas... it seems the tumor has grown into 2 major blood vessels in the pancreas making surgical removal impossible. As soon as the complete pathology is finished (was told it could take up to 72 hours) I will know how the doctors plan to treat this.... I guess now I am in for the Fight of my Life... literally.... and all this time I thought losing 110 pounds and getting healthy was suppose to enhance my life. guess I was blindsided..... When I finally get over this helpless depressed feeling and get into angry/fight mode I plan to work out again, whether I feel like it or not... I refuse to look like a SICK PERSON even if I am sick... I have to beat this.... I just have to....

J Peter Mock   aka TAZZ

Learning to be Happy with Where I am in Life...

• Johnnie aka Tazz

I'm sorry to hear about the report....I try not to drop my preacher card too much on the forum, but I'm gonna do it here!  I know without any doubt that God is able to heal you.  I have a strange suspicion that you are a fighter!  I am praying for you.

Isa 53:5 ESV - But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

You are a Warrior, and I can promise you that this team is behind you ALL the way!

• Tazz- you and your family will be in our prayers. You are a fighter and I have faith that you will come out on top. Please know that we are here for you any time. Have faith and be strong my friend.