BFL Warriors

• Good evening BFL Warriors!!

Now that C-1 officially concluded, I am joining you all on this thread; that is if you all will still have me!

Looks like I have some reading to catch up on - this thread is already rocking (Though I am not surprised).

I have posted pics on my profile.  Please let me know which ones (Right or Left) on my front and back shots that you think I should submit.  My wife took a dozen or so & I plan on printing them all then choosing from there.  However, I liked these 2 the best on the camera & wanted your all's input.

Yes, it sure does feel great to be done!  I rocked my last cardio this morning, hit some quick exercises to get the muscles going, came homw, Pam'd up (Butter flavor), and had my wife take pics.  My boys were totally pumped & very proud of their daddy.  It truly was a family experience.  My wife finally asked me to give her some input on her meal plans so she can play along in C-2.  I think it will really help her feel better & increase her confidence.  She has already gained confidence just from hitting 2 weels on the elliptical I surprised her with (Bench & Free weights are next).

Thanks to everybody for their help, I am looking forward to C-2 AFTER a week of AR.

BDMom - You look totally stunning and amazing.... just like I knew you would.  Congratulations.

• Congratulations, Staats! You did it! Your pictures look awesome, too! I personally like the two on the right best.

BDMom, your pictures are amazing! I was at my sister's birthday party at my niece's house last night and borrowed my niece's netbook to log in here. I wanted to show my sister my before and after picture when I noticed your post about having yours up. I was clapping and cheering for you in my niece's kitchen!

It felt good to go to the gym without a set plan yesterday. I spent a little while on the Arc, then I bounced from machine to machine: torso rotation, ab crunch, seated row, incline pull, chest press... 75 was my number of the day. I did 3 sets of 12 at 75 pounds on each machine. Well, I raised it to 90 on the row because 75 was just too easy. 75 is less than what I usually do on most of them, but a little more than I usually do on some others. 100 is my max on the ab crunch, so 3 sets of 12 at 75 had my muscles burning!

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• "but I have already won so much more"

Stunning results Staats. Yes, you ARE a WINNER, a VICTOR!

You set that bar high and tore it down.

Congratulations! Well done.

I like the pics on the right. More ab, back and leg definition showing. Best of luck. Essay is just as important as the pics they say. Enjoy licking that envelope and sticking it in the mail! 

• Good Morning everyone:

Susan:  Yes, I am sending a packet it, but I already made a comment to 2conquer on 8/16 post.  I am mainly sending it in as a completion of this challenge, since I made a personal promise to do so.  Not to be negative, but I didn't have as drastic of a transformation as some, and I don't have a "rags to riches" story.  I do feel better, and look better...but I have always felt & looked fine.  So, Yes...I am sending in my packet and so PROUD to do so.  Thank you for your kind words.

Staats:  I posted a long post to you on 8/16....but it looks like we are all in agreement on the right side pics, for sure!!  Congrats to you, my fellow warrior.

Brick:  You are making me cry.  It feels so good that we can all share in eachother's celebration.  There is no competition here; just a group of motivated, determined & hard headed warriors!  I am so proud to have found this group.  I hope the birthday party was fun for you all.

Legs:  So good to see your happy face here.  Your posts are always a blessing!

I REALLY want everyone here to meet their goals.  It feels so good to cross those goals off your list and add new ones.  I can't wait to see the amazing changes after the next challenge for you all.  The first challenge proved to be a HUGE success for us all.  We are all winners regardless of any contest.  Luv you guys!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• For all the Warrior Ladies...

• Love it Brick!!!

• Good Morning Warriors!

Brick, I just love the song :) Bad Mama Jamas we are indeed! Good approach at not rehashing overindulgence. I did too this weekend but I am back in form.

I started today with a 4-week high volume training that I am doing with BDMom. It was good for first day but I know I can do better so I will adjust the weight up.

BDMom, let me know how it went for you today.

Have a great day everyone!!

• Good morning everyone.

I just wanted to check in and hopefully add my name to the list of Warriors for this Challenge.  I am back for my second Challenge and am feeling pretty stoked about the whole thing.  I have had my 2 weeks of rest and am ready to hit it hard.  

I just reviewed my progress from the last challenge and am quite pleased.  I managed to meet most of my goals, although I was a bit shy on my weight loss.  I was aiming for a loss of 20 lbs, but only managed a loss of 18.3.  Other than that I did fine, I lost a total of 8 inches, which is satisfying.

I still have a great distance to go.  However, I find that reading the encouragement on this forum keeps me going when I am feeling discouraged.  During my first challenge I was surprised at how supportive a group I had found.  I don't have the ability to join in on the chatter most days due to computer access issues at work and limited internet at home, but I am able to read the entries through my email.  I have learned a lot from your conversation and feel a real connection to the members here.

So, If you'll have me, I'm here and ready to go.  I have printed off my logbook and am headed for the first UBWO right now.

Have a great day everyone!

• Tracy--you are absolutely welcome to become a Warrior!  I don't think I could have stuck with C1 if it had not been for the fantastic people on this forum.  I know you will continue to find them indispensible as you make you way into C2.

My AR has been going well, eating pretty sensibly and still exercising, albeit moderately.  Until yesterday.  OK, I'm just gonna say it--I LOVE McDONALDS.  At least I did until last night.  Since I had been so militant about my nutrition, I thought I would go for broke and get a value meal.  It tasted great (oh, those golden fries!), but later that night and this morning, my guts were screaming, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME?!?!?"   I have officially sworn off fast food (at least in those quantities).  BFL has definintely made a difference in how I feel and yesterday's lapse in judgement has only confirmed it.  So it was back to left over baked chicken and veggies for lunch today and back to my new "normal" eating habits.

Have a great Monday!!

• Tracey41, WELCOME!!! As Susan says, we are here to support in anyway possible. Congratulations on your great C1 accomplishments!!! You should take pictures for your C2. They can tell a whole different tale. Even if you keep them to yourself.

Susan, I exactly know what you mean about eating fast food. I didnt do it all in C2 but I have indulged in some fatty things on free days and yes, your tummy will let you know. That is why is not tough anymore to get back on track.

• Hi Tracey41!! so glad you are here and looking forward to sharing the journey!

Susan-I know what you mean on all fronts!!

I am working on some details for challenge 2-menu and new exercises to squeeze in.  Have a great day!

• Good afternoon Warriors:

2Conquer:  Glad your workout went well.  I just sent you an e-mail about mine.  I need to work to get the time down on it; it took me too long.  Tomorrow, I will be doing my C25K for my cardio.  My legs were definately shaky today; it felt good to be lifting again!  Can't wait to work out the kinks and give it a good go the next time.

Tracey41:  You are certainly welcome here.  A lot of the members on this thread will be starting their next challenge on 11/22, and will be opening a new thread there as well, if you want to join them there too.  It sounds as if you had amazing results in your first challenge.  Bravo!!!  Best of luck to you meeting all your new goals in challenge 2.  If you haven't done pictures..please do; they tell you what the mirror won't.

Susan, susan, susan.....fast food doesn't appeal to me at all; my stomach can't handle the grease.  Although I do love FF.  My biggest issue is sugar.  Today was my first day of real regimented eating again, and I ate 3 little mini lemon cakes, and my stomach is still aching....gotta get it under control!!!  Haven't worked this hard to let it go now.  Tightening the reigns from now until Thanksgiving, and then that will be my free day.

Grocery:  Do let us know of any new exciting foods & exercises....

I better go get some healthy food into this tummy!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi, Tracey41! Good to see you again!

Susan, I had to giggle when I read your post. Not laughing AT you, but WITH you because I totally have been there. As a matter of fact, I still AM there a little!

Hey, you know how each time we came to the  first post of the 816ers thread, we saw Susan's smiling face and her opening line about "Waiting until the 16th..."? I found this great motivational piece that you might have seen before. It's about geese and how flying in formation makes the flight easier for the whole group. Anyway, I was thinking we might use that as our opening post for the new challenge on Monday. Thoughts?

• DO IT BRICK...SOUNDS PERFECT!  They all kinda kick in and pick up where needed when needed...geese that is.....

• Yes Brick, I vote yes! Sounds like something perfect to get everyone going TOGETHER! As a matter of fact, this morning I had hundreds if not thousands of birds in my yard and they all took off at the same time. An amazing sight.