BFL Warriors

• The BFL Warriors began in early November, 2010, by a small group of people who successfully finished a 12 week Challenge together. For some of us, it was our first attempt and we were eager to learn. For others, it was the second or third time around and we were happy to share our experiences.  

During those 12 weeks, there were many obstacles: crazy schedules, illness, surgeries, injuries, and the loss of a dear friend. Through it all, we leaned on each other, sometimes carrying one another and sometimes being carried ourselves. We made it through.

We were Warriors.

We’re creating this thread so we have a place to find one another, as well as a place to meet new like-minded people who take the BFL lifestyle seriously.

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• I'm sorry, but I have to do this:

BFL Waaarriors! Come out and plaaa-aaay!

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, it sounds like a great idea. Where are you all located? Do you meet in person or just on the boards? I'd like to meet some local BFL'ers to compare notes with in the NY/NJ area.

• It is great to have a thread to post to and keep in touch since we have finished our challenge. Many will start again on 11/22, but some will wait until later to start. We all will continue the lifestyle regardless, and more importantly keep the friendships we have made.

Welcome to all. New and old.

• LOL JamesG! I'm in upstate NY myself, but our group is spread out across the country. I've never met anyone here personally. Each year, there's a Champion's Weekend in TN that sounds like a blast, though.

• Ah, excellent picture, Brickhouse. Maybe the BFL Warriors should have an inaugural meeting where you try to cross the 5 boroughs on foot and meet up in Coney Island?

• Let me tell you all from experience, meeting like-minded BFL people is AWESOME!!!  If you all get the chance, DO IT!! Better yet, plan the date now...even if only a few of you can get together, it would be totally worth it!!

Keep up the great work, WARRIORS!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Well, everyone, I have to say that I am SO, SO proud of you all!!!! You did an amazing thing supporting each other and yourselves throughout the 12 weeks of this challenge. I'm so glad I could be a part of it.

Cuervo - you look AMAZING!!!

PB - You look like a totally different person. Great job! Very cute little boy too.

Brick - thanks for the new thread.

BDMom and LC - the 5k is easier than you think it will be. BD, I can't wait to see your final pics!

Staats - it's your last week man! Finish strong!!!!

All, I finished my 5k Saturday under my goal of 32 minutes. At 31:06, I even beat my last 5k time by 7 minutes and 13 seconds. My next goal is to do it in under 30 and then in under 28 minutes. I also went ahead and agree to do the First Light half marathon in January. All that means is that my HIIT in my next challenge will be a little more strenuous and will necessarily have to be longer than 20 minutes for me to adequately train. I will be completing another couple of 5k runs. They are so much fun. It just feels so good to finish!

2 weeks left for me in my challenge. I'm so relieved I finish before Thanksgiving. Also, I'm going out of town to a medical conference on Wednesday and will be flying home Saturday. It sure will be interesting to see how well I maintain my workouts and meals. I know I can do and am looking forward to the opportunity to prove myself to myself.

The only real obstacles in life are those you place in front of yourself. There is always an alternative or another way around, even if that alternative is just looking at the obstacles in a positive light!

• I'M IN...........

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I am here in the new forum for sure part of this great family of warriors!!

• AWESOME Elismom on your 5K time. I am not a runner and always amazed at those that do it. Stay the course!

• I was just doing a little research and comparison and I was amazed at how my weights really increased over 12 weeks!

Check it out:

Start End
    Arm Curl 13 50
    Arm Extension 25 50
    Chest Press 25 90
    Overhead Press 25 50
    Seated Row 30 100
    Leg Curl 35 42
    Leg Press 90 225

• Wow Brick!! I'm totally impressed. I'm nowhere near those numbers. You're warming up with my max at this point. Haha!

The only real obstacles in life are those you place in front of yourself. There is always an alternative or another way around, even if that alternative is just looking at the obstacles in a positive light!

• Ha ha! Thanks , Michelle! The leg curl would be more, but I have trouble with a weird, clicky knee and I'm ultra careful with it.

• Brick-those numbers are amazing!  

2C-your pics are very inspiring-you look cut.  well done.

I have been jogging (at a slower pace the last 2 days), going to bike tomorrow.  Love it!  Hope all of you warriors are loving your AR!!

• Well, Brick, inspired by you and Cuervo, I kicked it up a notch on the leg press. I started at 90 and did my heaviest set at 190. It was tough but I made it through. My last set I did squats at the smith machine with 70 pounds added to the bar. I'm definitely getting stronger and it's great!!!!

For my hammies, I barely (and I mean barely) eked out my last set of 12 holding only 10 pound dumbbells. I had totally killed them already with BDMom's single leg squats. Did my heaviest there with 25 pound dumbbells. I did them last week with 30s, but my form suffered so I backed down this week. I definitely need to get a weight belt before Friday.

I'm going to miss my husband and son so much later this week, but I am looking forward to the 3 nights of peace of quiet after the conference. I really need my alone time and haven't had any in quite a while.

At any rate, I killed my LBWO today. I'm going to do abs this evening since I didn't do them after my run on Saturday.

See y'all tamale!

Michelle