BFL Warriors

• Guess I should have clarified.  One of the girls I was chaperoning ended up getting sick.  This was a 5th grade camp & I was responsbile for my daughter and five other girls.  One (in my care) ended up going home.  If it was my daughter, she would have had to rough it out with me....

Got to the gym this morning and did spinning.  My food isn't great for today; I took Delaney out for frozen yogurt while her older sister went to a swim party.  

My weight is still up 5# from where I like to be, so I am setting a goal to get down 5# by May 1st.  Gonna try to start summer in a good place because I know how much of a challenge it is when the kiddos get out of school for the summer.

Cuervo:  Get out there and burn some of those cals off!!!

Frick:  I think I need to watch my carbs more closely; seems like they keep creeping up there.  Gonna also add sugar to MFP layout to keep a closer eye on that as well.  Go pump some iron!

Parson:  the food was not much to speak of, but the memories were worth every bite of it...lol.   Yep, hope all the sick junk it  outta the air soon!!

run4life:  do you have access to a gym where they offer spinning?  I think it is one of the ultimate best leg workouts there is.

K....gonna go pick up my daughter from her party soon.  Have a great weekend, Warriors!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Page two????

Happy Monday!!! I am heading to the gym in awhile and have my meals planned out for the day.  Super clean the next few weeks.  Easter happens to fall on my daughter's birthday this year, so we will be having company and celebrating her birthday.  She wants cheesecake :-/

I know I will take that day as a total free day, but then clean eating through May 1st, when I hope to have lost this 5#s I've been lugging around!!  Next week will be a bit of a challenge as well, as the kids are out of school for spring break.  It's tough when they are home...we will also be going out and doing "stuff," so I'll have to plan ahead!!

I hope everyone is well!!  Have a great week!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Happy Monday Warriors,

Can't wait to get back to the gym tonight. Expecting about 30 cm. of snow this week when it's all said and done. after yesterday I need to burn cals. I went to Wendy's to pick up dinner last night and I had a Large Fries, Large Coke and a Baconator no bun had a gf bun at home. Forgot what it tasted like no kidding. It was so good. I usualy  get a BAJA SALAD. I was so stuffed after that. LOL. Glad to see we are all making our way back here. Jacobs ladder tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Claude

• Hey Warrior Family!!

I thought we were all finding our way home; guess you're all still wandering out there somewhere.....

Anyhow, I apologize in advance if I am less than my social self for awhile.  I have been fighting off a rut for a few days, and it dawned on me today why.....funny how our minds get accustomed to certain things, even when our bodies are busy.  I have been so busy with school and camp, etc...that I hadn't taken the time to try to figure out why I was feeling so down.  Well, it just so happens that this happens every year around this time.  My mom didn't die until April 12th, but these were the weeks leading up to her death that we spent by her side while she was in hospice care.  I guess I need to take some time to mourn like my mind is telling me too.  I try to stay busy so I can forget, and I really think I need to slow down and take some time to reminisce and remember her life instead of trying to forget her death.  Sorry if this is too deep, but I had to put it out there somewhere, and I know you all are here for me.

I will pop in when I can. Thanks for your friendship and support!!!

HUGS!

• Morning Warriors!

Sorry I have been MIA, but I was out of town for a few days with work.  WO's are current and progress is slow and steady this week.

BDMom - That's what this is all about.  Not BFL, but life.  Ups and downs of ALL kinds.  Not too deep at all.  If we cannot learn to go with what life throws at us then we have failed.  So it looks like you are winning!

Have a great day Warriors!  Keep at it and give it your best!

• Happy Friday Warriors!

WO is done.  Nice little PR on over head press.  Good way to get the weekend started!

Me and the wife have a date night in Savannah tonight.  She has a test in the morning for her teaching certificate.  I think we are going to eat our favorite tonight...Indian!

Have a good weekend Warriors!

• Happy Friday Warriors!!

I am leaving for class soon and then to the gym. Already knocked out my HIIT this morning.

It is going to be a busy weekend.  Tomorrow, I will go spinning, and then home to get Lane; she wants to grocery shop with me.  Then I have to take Britt out to find a swimsuit; she outgrew hers, and will need it this upcoming week.  Then home for laundry and clean house.  I am doing a 8-mile hike with my dad on Sunday, and then we are taking Britt out to dinner for her birthday.  She wants Mexican food...yikes!!!  Her birthday is on Easter Sunday and we will have company, so she wants to go out this weekend.  I am sure it will take me a week to lose the sodium from that meal!  But, gotta celebrate those special occasions!  Next week is spring break for my kids, but not for me.  Britt has a friend coming in from out of town and she will be staying with us for three days, so we will be busy running around.  Gotta try to keep my diet tight next week; it's tough when the kids are home.

Parson:  Have a great date night with your wife tonight!!  Tell her good luck on her test; I'm sure she'll do great.  How is your daughter doing?  Is she fully recovered now?

Make it a great day and Awesome weekend :)

• Hey Warriors,

I haven't had much time these days too busy taking courses on Alzheimers. One course is called Living Heathfully with Chronic Illness. 6 weeks. The other is for the different stages of the disease. Pretty much one or two a month. My moms problem is she is a flight risk. From a physical standpoint she is in top shape. I was told by the nuse yesterday that we are going to have many fights along this journey as she will not accept what the doctor is telling her. So scared and confused is the flavour of the day for her. We are on the outside looking in and can only observe. Body languange plays a major role with this stuff. Must learn how to change that. I have already seen changes in her short term memory. It's like walking on egg shells right now. We are not finished with the complete diagnoses very frustraiting. I have been named BAD COP for this battle. I am good with that. lol Workouts are going well when I can get them in not as much as I would like but I'll take it for now.

Have a great week until next time. Never thought this thread would get this far behind its really too bad.

Claude

• GOOD MORNING WARRIORS!!!

The girls are on spring break this week, so we are running around like crazy.  Have to get my workouts in early during this week. Britt has a friend coming in from out of state; we will pick her up today and she will be staying with us for 3 days. The girls want to go shopping tomorrow and to the waterpark on Thursday. We are heading out in a bit to upgrade Britt's phone.  She turns 15 this weekend, so we are finally letting her get an iphone..ha.  I think I am due for an upgrade, so may get the 4S; I don't want the 5....been hearing some not so favorable reviews on it.

I got to the gym and got my workout in and my meals are planned and clean for the day.  I will probably weigh in tomorrow.  I have been avoiding the scale from the Mexican food Sunday evening. Really want to do well this week, so I can have some goodies on Sunday for Easter and Britt's birthday.

Claude:  I am so sorry you are having to go through all this with your mom.  She is so lucky to have you there to take care of her, even if that gives you a title you are not completely fond of.  You do it all out of love.  Good job getting those workouts in when you can; it is one of the best ways to relieve that stress!!!

Hope you are all doing well.

Have a great day!!!

• Greetings Fellow Warriors and Happy Easter (and a great Passover season)and First week of SPring to all on the forum and in this group too!  BDMOM:   Thanks for checking in with us and I hope you and the kids have a great and wonderful Easter and BIrthday weekend.   Tell the Bday girl we all sing... THis IS her birthday song....it isn't very long!! (LOL)   Watch out for all those goodies BD this holiday, not too too many. and I will do the same as well. (besides their sugar content, Peeps aren't very fattening like the chocolate is)   Claude: God BLess you for taking care of your mom and I wish you the best and all our prayers to help you in this undertaking.      Parsons: Give our blessings and prayers to your parsonage and wish for them the best Easter ever.   How is everyone else doin out there?   CHime in and let us know sometime, it's been awfully quiet on this thread lately.  ANyone planning to start a Challenge in APril(8th) like I am this year?? I am still working out 4-5 days a week with the machines and watching what I eat and keeping the junk food to a minimum so I have a great starting point this time around (C4).  Island dude and the rest let us know how y'all are .  Well got to go pack the gym bag and get going, it;s been extra busy at the parks this week and this is my only day off today this week. Sunday was a real challenge down here with that nasty storm that even messed up the Bay Hill Classic locally and messed with us out at Disney and at the LA Fitness I go to as well that day.   Keep MOving Forward all!!!!

• HAPPY EASTER FELLOW WARRIORS!!!  I hope you all enjoy the time with your families!!  We are hosting Easter here, and it is Britt's birthday, so lots of fun!  Food will be plentiful and I will indulge some.  Back to the grind come Monday though.  I want to drop those 5# by May Day!!!

Bill:  Happy Easter to you and your family as well.  Good to see you checking in. Sorry to hear about the storm damage; I hope everything is dried up and cleaned up by now.  I think Amy may be starting a BFL challenge in April.  I'm still kinda doing my own thing right now.  And, if I am going to splurge, it will be on dark chocolate; at least it has antioxidants.  Peeps have no nutritional value at all and are yucky.....lol.  You go right ahead and indulge in that gooey sugary mess.

Take care all!!

• Greetings Fellow Warriors,,  How is everyone doing?   I just started my C4 BFL CHallenge on Monday with an early morning 5am gym HIT cardio session, started up the BFL Success Journal and did my first UBWO yesterday morning early and guess what ....a first for a first day.....I finished in 47 minutes (took an extra minute or two to find somethings, this is a new gym to me).  All is going well with my new earlier workouts for at least two days of the week.  I am keeping my free day as Tuesday because that still works best for me and I noticed I was able to start at a slightly higher weight than last time around due to the continuing workouts I have been doing, even though with the machines and cardio.   BDMOM: How are the kids and hubby doing?   Let  AMY know that I started a thread and group just for this particular challenge period from 8 april to `1 July would you. It's on the forum here and we currently have three others on board.   Parsons, Island Dude and Claude how are your workouts going right now?  I hope everyone was able to avoid too  many goodies on Easter week but I do hope the bunny was good to you and yours.   Has anyone heard from Taz lately, just wondering how our fellow warrior is doing with his current life challenge.  We, at Disney lost a legend this week, Annette Funicello and are truly deeply saddened by her departure from this realm.  She is up there at the table with the big man and Walt now . I almost met her when I was working at Horizons at EPCOT years ago, but was on a short break when she boarded the ride there, oh well.   WOw, the gym is so less crowded that early in the morning and everyone there really means business too, no :water cooling" around at the equipment.   Well got to get some more rest to help the program along (I did take photos but have to transfer them from my wifes camera to disk to get them to this site, I think).  ANyone else have a problem with the end date on their electronic on line challenge yet?   Mine is one day past the correct date and I can't get it to adjust yet.   Keep Moving Forward all and everyone!!! and eat clean this week~

• Hi, Warriors! Wow, things have slowed down in here. I have been below the radar since September, fighting breast cancer. I had my biopsy and diagnosis in October, double mastectomies in November, and I began chemo in December. I just had my last chemo treatment today. I have a couple more surgeries before I can start moving forward again, but it's all cake from here.

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• Hey Brick!

IT's good to hear from you!  Sounds like you have been fighting hard.  We are praying for you!  

We have all moved over to myfitnesspal.com  Same user names and all, but we are over there together fighting the good fight.  You ought to join us over there.

Again - good to hear from you!!!

• Warriors!

Good to know you are all doing well.

Brick - Keep fighting the fight.  I will definitely add you to my prayer list.

I have been MIA as well.  Only from here though, still hitting it hard everyday but I do rest on the Lord's day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Parson - Can you give me some more info on where you all are?  I loose my partner next week and could use some accountability.

Keep rocking!