Ready for the journey!!

• Hello everyone! My name is Mike and I'm getting ready to start my 12 weeks. I've been overweight almost all of my adult life but I have reached the breaking point once I had to buy some pants with a size 42 waist. I just wanted to know what would be my best route to travel. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be using the Myoplex Lite or the regular Myoplex. I really need to lose some body fat since I'm over 20% body fat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Hey Mike! Congratulations on deciding you're done with the old habits and results, and that you're going to make a change!! My absolute best suggestion is to go buy the Body-for-LIFE book. Not only does it answer lots of questions (like which type of suplements and meal replacements to use for specific goals), but it also lays out the plan very clearly. After reading that you should have an excellent foundation to start, and any questions you have you can post on here, the people are AWESOME about answering them quickly. I had a few specific questions when I was getting ready to start my first challenge (which I did, only six short days ago!) and they all got great answers on here. One other benefit of the book: great motivation. It really insipred me, and showed me that I WILL be successful because this plan has proven itself over and over again.

As far as route to travel, I am new to this myself so I'm not expert, but I think it's just like everything else in life that creates big change: you just need to COMMIT! I believe the battle is 90% mental, 10% physical. Decide you're going to do this, set your goals, and settle for nothing less! Work your butt off! When you slip up--eat too much, too little, miss a workout or don't hit your 10's--use it for motivation to do better and work harder tomorrow, and move on. Decide WHY you're doing this, and don't forget it. The 90% mental part can really be challenging, so if you really remember your reasons for wanting to change, and remember the pain associated with staying the way you are, you'll be much more driven when the going gets tough...and it will at times. The plan is simple-6 meals a day every 2 to 3 hours. So do that. 6 days of tough workouts. Do them HARD. If you commit to doing this, you'll get great results. Remember that your mind creates your reality--think success, see success, dream of success, and you will BE SUCCESS!!

Good luck, Mike!! I am hoping for an amazing transformation myself, and I KNOW we both will accomplish our goals!

• Hi, I am about to start on Monday (5th April 2010).

• Hi Mike,

In regards to Myoplex:  you may want to download the Body for Life Entry Kit.  On page 7 of the kit is a Myoplex Chart that can answer your question.

In fact the kit has many information that can help us get going....

• Mike, Use the regular Myoplex, if you use the Lite, it will not be enough calories and protein for you.

Women gear for about 20g protein and carbs for each meal; based on a 200 lb male, he should gear for around 30-35g per meal.

If you do not feed your body enough protein and carbs, it will go into starvation mode and you will not lose body fat/wt.

I only use the Myoplex shake for one meal of the day, then regular protein powder and an apple for meal 4; the more meals you can get whole food in you the better as it stays with you a little longer!!

Let me know if you have questions!  Just click on my name DebbieMO and it will take you to my profile page, then go to start conversation or my email is on there as well!

Best wishes!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks Debbie for the inspiring words. I have purchased the book today and I am already getting super motivated! I am starting the program tomorrow and I have bought some of the supplements that I need. Also, thanks for the info about the Myoplex. I can't wait to see the transformation and feel the transformation inside. I have written down my reasons and goals that I want to achieve from this and posted it on my pantry and fridge to keep me focused everyday.

So best wishes to you as well on ur journey. I guess I can get some week-to-week info from you since you're a week ahead of me. I hear the 1st two weeks are the most challenging.

• Mike-you sound very prepared...I had sent you a msg about getting the book...

Yes, visit your goals daily, they are a great motivator.

If you want more advice, motivation, support, go to the thread, "Faithful GBer's", post a question or a "hey" and get to know others; that has what kept me going...I'm on Challenge #2.

Have a super workout Monday!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...