Your first weight training session

• Hello!

I'm getting ready to begin on Monday, October 4th and I am just a little nervous about my first weight training day. How was your first session? Did it take a few times to figure out which weights to use? Was it alot of trial and error? I just want to get off to a good start and not waste any days. Any advice? Thanks!

• Yes, yes & yes.  I have worked out all of my adult life, but still had to figure out what was going to work for me.  I just made adjustments throughout the workout, and made notes for the next time.  By the second week, you will be feeling great about the workouts.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Don't be nervous.  It will take you a week or two to get comfortable with the movements and the gym and the amount of weight you'll start with.

There will be some trial and error but to help, take a look at this link and get familiar with the movements.  

You'll do great and the best thing is, if you mess up, it's no big deal.

And one last thing, don't get too comfortable, you always want to be working toward being uncomfortable because that's progress.

http://www.exrx.net/

Congrats on your decision!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• jmsforlife,

Congratulations on starting BFL!!!! You will do great!

There is always a period of trail and error. Remember to focus on progress not perfection.

Do you have the BFL success journal? Or the progress reports? You can download them from this site. Click on 'library' then 'tools' then 'progress reports'. By keeping track of your workouts you can adjust quickly and plan your workouts before you get to the gym.

Visit the forum often. There are so many great people here.

Have a great first day on Monday!

Orrin

• Thank you all for your advice! I really appreciate it!