Introduce myself

• Hi everyone. I am new to this program. I am starting on Monday and am very excited. I am 37 years old and could probably lose 50-60 lbs. I am just at a point where I really dislike myself. I have been a very active person all my life and involved in sports for many years. I can't believe what I've become. I had a pretty rough 2009 with many complications trying to have a second child. But over the last couple years to now I somehow lost my way.

I have had the BFL book for many years and have refused to get rid of it. I have tried other diets and even pills (even though I am not a fan of that). When I tried the pills I had good results but I still didn't eat the way I should and we all know it all comes back. I find that I am very knowledged in what I should do but I just don't seem to do it. I don't find that I eat terribly but as I get older it doesn't get any easier. So here I am. I am ready to make some changes. I am ready to be the person I know I am, to find myself again.

I don't want to be 40 and disliking myself on the outside. It affects me too negatively on the inside. So, I have registered for the challenge, I think. I filled out the online registration but I was expecting an email or something.

I am going to call someone who can help me today to make sure I am doing all of this correctly.

I need to take some time and see what my goal is for 12 weeks. I would imagine losing 50-60lbs is a bit unrealistic. Any suggestions or advice would be great and I look forward to leaning on all of you for advice in the future.

Thanks

Brandee

• Welcome Brandee,

As to disliking yourself, I think I get that.  I am 44 years old and finally had it with me and my food and exercise habits.  My self esteem sunk to a low that I am working my way out of.

It is important as you said to set realistic goals.  12 weeks goes my really fast and your body can only accomplish so much in a healthy way.  You are on the right track and I wish you the best of happiness and discipline as you proceed.

• Brandee-Welcome to the best decision ever!! BFL is the place to make changes for the better...

I'm 42, did BFL about 8 yrs ago with great results, was going great, then life happened and I sunk just like James...decided to make it a great start to a new decade back before Christmas.

Started at 203#, yikes for me, but said enough was enough. Promised myself that I would finish challenge and my goal was to lose 20#, by golly it happened...

I started my 2nd challenge this past Monday and again have promised myself to finish...

If you follow things by the book, it is very realistic that you could lose 20-30 lbs. during the 12 wks. then you will be on your way to a happier, healthier you. Always say to yourself, "How bad do I want this?"

I agree, call the company and see if you are registered; I believe you can click on the download challenger pkt. to get a pdf copy of the challenge.

In order to stay motivated and get more support, go to the Newbies thread and the Faithful GBers thread and start communicated with the folks there.  We/They/I are always happy to help a fellow BFLer!!

Let me know if you need anything or have questions! Go get em on Monday!!! :0)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Brandee,

Shoot for 30lb say am going to lose 30 pounds at the end of 12 wks and do everything in the bfl book. Just remember "Don't GIVE UP" DON'T QUIT and remember this is the start of a healthier happier you. If you don't make that goal don't worry about it you will still be happy that you lost 20 or 25 trust me. I started at 225.6 and was shooting for 190. I am now at 198 and i don't believe i will make my 190 goal but it is all good. It doesn't end for me. I am going to do it all over again. The best thing about losing 27.6 is now i can tie my shoes without huffin and puffin like the big bad wolf

• Brandee - nicely done with making the commitment to change.  I am the same way I have been very active my whole life but the past few years I have 'feel off the wagon' I consider myself to be very knowledgeable about exercise, but the eating was always a problem for me.  Youre going to have to dig deep in this challenge to find what really motivates you to stay on track.  There will most likely be set backs and most likely you will get fustrated but you have to stay strong and not give into temptation.  One thing that really motivates me is knowing that I am doing the right things to change my body.  your kids seem like a good motivator for you.  keep the focus its not easy but you can do it!  I am in my second challenge hoping to lose the last 10 lbs and 4 inches.  I know what needs to get done I just have to have that tunnel vision to the end.  Commit to these 12 weeks and give it everything you have and you wont be disappointed.