DebbieMO's "Step it Up for Spring" Group

• OK I can't believe I did this. I posted my C1 before and after pictures on my profile. I'm not comfortable with a bathing suit picture, so shorts and a sport top will have to do.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sarah,

You look awesome!  

I would be happy looking like the start of your C-1 photo.

Great Job!

• Sara,

Wow! You look great.  Your beginning picture looks good. When you compare it to your finished C1 picture, you really trimmed down.  You should be so proud of yourself.  Your hard work has paid off.

I know how you have been a treadmill demon, so about training for a 5K Luck of the Irish run with the YMCA.  Are you interested? It's March 12th.   I am starting the training Jan 9th, that gives my 8 weeks before race day.  My goal is to finish the race without walking at all.  I don't care about my time just want to get through it without killing myself.  So my cardio days, I will spend running outside or inside on the Y track depending on the weather.

Well Day 2 finished, I had a great cardio workout and my upper body is sore from day 1.  I hope more people from our group post to the site.

Have a Great Week 1 everyone.

Velvet

• Velvet, several years ago I started to train with some gym buddies using the Couch to 5K program. I did great for the first couple of weeks, which is basically increasingly difficult HIIT circuits. Then when it switched to longer periods of running I started having all sorts of breathing difficulties. It happened to be prime allergy season for me so I went to see my doctor. She did not think it was allergy related and did some other testing. Long story short, I was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma.

One of my goals in living with this condition is to control symptoms through lifestyle rather than becoming dependent on inhalers. So far I have discovered only two triggers - altitude and sustained running. Other cardio activities - walking, bicycle, stairstep, elliptical - do not give me a problem. HIIT is perfect for me because it is done in bursts instead of sustained running. Now that I am at higher speeds I have found that I need to add an extra minute at level 6 to let my heart rate and breathing recover enough to do all of the cycles. But mountain climbing and distance races are just not part of my reality.

So while I appreciate the offer, I'm going to have to pass on the 5K. I wish you good luck, though.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• SARA!!! Awesome Job!! You can definitely see the changes!! WooHoo! Can't wait to see what you do in C2!! =)

Velvet-the St. Pat's 5K is March 12th?? If so, Yay! I can make that! My 1/2 Marathon is the following wkd so I will use the 5k as my "long" run for that weekend! So excited, maybe can get some of the others to at least walk it! I'm excited!!

Kathy-Did you ever get your answer on the CLA?? Hope so!

Keep up the great work ladies...post over on the fbk thread as well, gotta get those other ladies going!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Very unstandable Sara.    I'm glad the interval training is working for you, your doing great at it.  If you know of anyone else interested in the 5 K send them my way, the more the merrier.

Yes Deb the race is March 12 at 0900.  So excited you can do it.  So far all I know who is doing the race is Shawna and myself and you now.  If anyone else wants to train for it on their cardio days, let me know.  Shawna has a beginners program we are going to follow starting  next week.  

• Just so you know, Velvet, I did my first 5K on a whim...no training, just HIIT on the treadmill mostly and elliptical maybe once every two wks. I was so scared that I wasn't going to be able to finish, but with hills and all I ended up running the whole thing and my time was under 35 minutes! 11 5K's later, my PR is 26:08 so you can do this!.

I will find a link and post it on the facebook thread!! =)

• I really have to start going to bed earlier. I am sooooo tired this morning. Also, did you know that level 10 cardio is an inopportune time for your shoe to come untied?

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• As a warmup for LBWO the other day I decided to do the fit test on the treadmill, since it's five minutes. I had to enter my age and I selected the highest speed, 4.5 mph. I scored "above average."

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Yay, Sara! You're above average!! I do have to tell you that your shoe untied comment made me giggle a bit...been there done that! Make sure you double know is what I tell the kids! =)

Velvet-how's the 5K thing going? Hope you and Shawna have fun with it!

Kathy-Hope your rear is feeling better this coming week! hehe!

Have a Great week everyone!! =)

• Well, it did remind me of the Alma track meet where Laura lost a shoe on the first turn of the 400 meter run, and still finished second in her heat and third overall. And that was a gravel track. I still can't believe she did that.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Tough morning . . . I struggled to get up, struggled to get going, struggled through my cardio and struggled with my breathing. I hope this is just wintertime blues, but I imagined it would get easier rather than harder.

Also I used to consistently score "excellent" on the fit test, so I guess there is a new goal for me.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sara,

Hope you have a better day today. Some days are like that, but that's when you push through and do it anyways. Make sure you write what happened yesterday in a journal or something so you can read back and remember what a struggle it was. But the workout still got done!! C2 is tough in a lot of ways. Keep working hard and remember what your goals are!!!

Have a great Snow day! =)

• Hey all,

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.  I am really enjoying running.  I was suprised how well I did off the treadmil.  Since the weather has been bad, I have been running on the indoor track at the Y.  Boooooring.  You go around and around and around.  14 laps that makes a mile. 40 somthing makes 3 miles.  I hope the weather gets warmer fast, so I can run outside.  

C2 is going well.  I am noticing a difference already.  My middle is trimming down already.  It is great starting out with C2 at this level.  Can't waite to see the end result.  I hope everyone is doing great.

Chow.