Here we go again!

• I'm starting my challenge this Monday, April 5th.  I'm not new to BFL.  I've completed 2 challenges in the past with good results that should have kept me going. Those challenges were completed 4 and 10 years ago. Since then I've tried every diet out there with no lasting results cuz I could not stick to them. I know BFL works but I also know that its not an easy way out, in fact quite the opposite.  I'm here because I have no where else to go.  I think , for me, the hardest part of the program is the planning. I welcome any advice, tips or just some encouraging words.  I get discouraged because I read of all the success stories and I really want it too, have for years. I'm willing to do the work so lets see what happens.

• Hi "no excuses" - whats your name firstly.

If you've done it before, you know what and how, why do you get discouraged? you mean once you've finished the 12 weeks or during the 12 weeks?

What's Next - is the burning question and we all hit it our own way, from what I've read on the old  Guest Book Forum, most of us really struggle on finding a way to make it "for life".  Personally, I've finished 3 challenges from 23rd feb last year to 22nd feb this year, I'm finishing up 6 weeks of "Active Rest", that is - eating clean 90% of the time and exercising 5-6 days a week.  I've maintained my end scale weight and measurements by doing my "mountain walk" each day and thats all - no weights, but at this point I'm just starting to see "the softness" coming back on the upper arms, thighs etc....  

SO, THE COLD HARD TRUTH IS...... Too keep the body firm like it becomes when you finish a challenge and are at or near goal weight - you simply must still do the weights and eat clean MOST of the time.  Regularly exercising without resistance training will not keep the body firm, just like eating "little bits" or having "a few drinks" here and there won't keep the fat off...

You have the knowledge, you have the desire, you need to work on the "what's next" part I believe - all the best to you  - Debs

Ps/ go to the thread "newbies- quick check list" and read that and go to the main thread (with all the posts) for support - it's the support that will get you through, isolating yourself in a thread like this will not build that support because there are too many to keep up with.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• No Excuses.  That's familiar. :-)  Well I've been there and done that too.  So many times and so many different ways to lose the weight and get into shape.  BFL is the way.  I found that being here communicating with like minded people helped me a lot.  It helped with planning, staying motivated and being accountable.  If you've reached the point where you are sick and tired of being sick and tired then you've reached the point where you just might succeed this time.  Hang in there and ask questions...no questions is silly.  We are all here to help each other so gear up and get ready to succeed. :-)

Here's the link to the Newbie info Debs mentioned:

http://bodyforlife.com/community/boards/bfl/f/13/t/93.aspx?PageIndex=2

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Thanks Debs and Sharon,

Debs , I completed 2 challenges that were years apart. I wish I continued (like yourself) into another 12 wks. and so on.  I've gotten discouraged because I know what to do and I know what works, through experience, I just can't seem to STICK TO IT. But I know that I can do it ...I just have to dig deeper, ya know?

All I know is that this Mon. is DAY 1. I'm going shopping today for the "supplies". Thanks for your words of encouragement.

• no excuses: I am excited for you. Yes it is hard! But it also is the only 'plan' out there that really works. You know that, we know that.  It is mental as well. Sounds like you know what to do and now that you are in scope, we will keep an eye on you and help you get to where no excuses wants to be. XO WOOOooOOOt!

Keep in touch, magic will begin in 2 more sleeps!