cardio

• I'm on my 6th week now, well the first 2 weeks I was eating recipes from the cookbook and didn't see much progress, I called the body for life number and they advised me to not eat those recipes and stick to the basics with very little added ingredients. I also was doing cardio everyday for 30 min instead of the recommended 20 min 3x a week. I thought extra cardio wouldn't hurt. They told me it's probably not a good idea to do more than the 20 min. Does anyone do more cardio then recommended?  

• Laurie why are you not listening to the experts?  If anyone is doing extra cardio, it doesn't make it correct for BFL results.

Look at the information at this post on why you wouldn't want to do extra cardio

bodyforlife.com/.../235.aspx

As for the EFL book it's meant mainly for when you have reached your goals and just want to maintain.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• NEWBIES - BUMPING THIS UP TO THE TOP "HIT CARDIO THREAD",  BECAUSE THERE A LOT OF "SINGLE POST QUESTIONS ABOUT CARDIO" - There are a lot of threads on here - if you want the BEST RESPONSE FROM THE MOST EXPERIENCED PEOPLE - PLEASE GO TO THE MAIN FORUM AND ASK THERE!  "Faithful GBr's - the one with all the posts - thank you!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• I"ve subscribed to most threads so if anyone has a question I can try to help as well.

• Laurie-do you have the original BFL book?? If not, you need to get that and do the program by the book. I promise you if you do everything by the book, You Will see results!!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• laurie,

I am in the same boat as you. Recently i started to do a 30 min cardio because as everyone else i thought the more cardio the faster i will lose this ungodly fat. I do a 20 min body for life cardio and the last 10 min at a constant speed but after reading the post. I think i will stop doing that. I will just stick with what has worked for many many people. I guess there is no reason to attempt to reinvent the wheel.

• People, here is how to do the cardio.  If you do it like this, you will not want to do more than the 20 minutes. :-)  This is a clip from the 4 DVD set that is sold on this site.  I highly recommend you get it.

www.youtube.com/watch

• Laurie,   I agree with the ladies' posts.  I was doing extra cardio for the first 9 weeks.  I ended up aggravating my plantar fascitis!  I am now losing weight and inches just as fast without the extra!  Stick to the original book, and you will see great results, but be patient.  Julie