Struggling...

• Hey BFL Fam!

Ok, I've been checking out the forums since last week and I am currently on day 4 of my first challenge. I read the book and I'm following the plan. I have done my workouts every day, found out I actually like cottage cheese! I haven't been hungry and my muscles are sore. So to the point, for some reason I am still struggling with doubt and unbelief! I'm thinking this may have worked for a lot of people but it probably won't work for me..... Or, I'm going to be really ticked if I do this for 12 weeks and don't make considerable changes.... I know we're supposed to be sharing good news, but I figured if I shared my thoughts it would prevent them from getting any worse and turning into negative actions!

Some stats- I'm 5'5" 28 year old woman, I weigh 181#s (more than I thought I hadn't weighed myself in months!) and I'd like to lose at least 25#s in my first challenge.  One more thing, I've decided to get the CLA, and the Betagen, should I be drinking the Myoplex light or Carb Advantage for fat loss?

Thanks for reading!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Hi Tisha - Your thoughts are typical (doubt and unbelief) but as you go through your first week you'll find that you feel better...that's change number one.  Your goal of losing 25lbs is typical.  As long as you follow the book you can do this.  Be realistic about what you expect to see.  BELEIVE the little things that happen along the 12 week journey.  Every little thing counts and adds up to a happier healthier you by week 12.  There are two sayings that I've seen used by BFL.  They are:

"Little Changes, Big Results" AND "I'm not done yet."

Keep working hard and following the book you'll see the pay off, just not right way.  This will require patience and support (which you'll find right here).

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Hi Sharon- It's good to know I'm normal at least! Thanks. I will keep this in mind!

• Very normal. I am 40, 5'5+", started at 160. I had exactly those same doubts. They start diminishing within the first 2 weeks. Pictures are extremely helpful to keep you seeing progress. I was shocked to watch my back transform so quickly. My 10 week progress photos are on the media gallery. You can do this! Visualize your goal and hold on to it!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Renee- Thank you! I plan to stick to stick with it, I have fully committed to the 12 week challenge and I hope to maybe do two!

• Mine are up too but only under my profile.  Just click on my name and you'll see the photos there along with details of my transformation.

• Wow! That's great both of you ladies have done a wonderful job! Keep up the good work!

• Thank you.  You're next Tisha :-)

• Tisha-Sharon and Renee ROCK!!! You CAN too!  I started out at 203#, lost 20# during C1 and another 5 during Active Rest. So I'm at about what I weighed before I had my 3rd child, but I WILL lose at least 15 more pounds at the end of C2.

Sharon is right...You gotta BELIEVE in yourself and follow the PLAN!!  And keep coming to this forum for motivation and tips! :0)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Deb- Thanks, great job. You lost 5 lbs while in active rest!!

Does anyone know which is better for weight loss the Myoplex light or the low carb one?

• Tisha ~ I too struggle with the negative voice inside me.  You've got to ignore it and think possitivley.  We are all just normal people, all of the success stories are people just like you!  You CAN DO IT!!!!!   You have to be patient and kind with yourself.  I'm nearing the end of week 10 and I've learned so much about myself in these few short weeks.  Stay possitive and trust the system.  It works!!! You will get great results!  

• Tisha either one will work well for weight loss.  I think the myoplex lite is supposed to contain a better quality protein.  With the carb control you need to add a piece of fruit or some sort of carb for a complete meal.  Contrary to a lot of programs we NEED carbs, just choose your carbs from the list in the original book.  I think it is on page 83.  

• Tisha,

I just finished challenge one and am about to start challenge 2.  My pics are on transformation.com under JillC.  The most astounding changes occured during weeks 8-12, so stick with the plan, it really works.  I lost 22 pounds of scale weight, but gained 5% of muscle weight (according to my scale, however accurate that is).  So my real fat loss is higher than the 22 pounds.  The myoples lite shakes are a complete meal, but the carb control are usually cheaper and then you must add a carb such as an apple.  Stick with it, the payoff is huge!

• Rachel- Thank you! 10 weeks in, great job! I will stay positive, keep up the good work

Stephanie- Thanks, now I know the difference I've tried the low carb one, but I think I'm going to get the lite because I want something that is a complete meal.

Jill- Wow, that sounds great. I will check out that website. I am encouraged and I will stick with the plan, thanks!

• Jill, I just checked out your transformation, great job!!! I am also a Navy wife, is your husband still on deployment or is he home? My husband gets back on Saturday :) (not a deployment, his ship was only out for about a week)