abs problem after giving birth

• HI,

I gave birth 17 months ago and my stomach still hasn't gone back to normal. The muscles are still stretched apart. I started body for life a week ago and just wonder if following this abs routine will suffice. Can anyone help me with this? I don't have that much weight to loose, I just need my body to tone up and stomach back. Want to have ribbed body but afraid that my stomach will never go back.

Mona

• Mona, the key for you is to follow the plan in the BFL book, just doing ab work will not give you the abs you want; it is said that abs are made in the kitchen. Nutrition is key so eat 6 BFL approved meals, do your 3x wk strength training and 3x wk HIIT cardio and you will see results. But remember you were pregnant for 9 months so don't expect results overnight...Progress not Perfection.

I gave birth 7 yrs ago and my abs are hiding under there somewhere! lol!

Best wishes! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Hey Mona! what DebbieMo said!  Also, one of the past champs - Sylvia Bortman had 5 c-sections, so absolutely it will "go back" but not overnight - all the best!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Thank you so much, I went into your profile and read about you. How wonderful to see you accomplish this BFL and also to see how happy and healthy you look. Wonder when did you start to first notice the change in your body. I'm in my second week now and don't see much of anything except that my arms seems stronger. Someone did mention that it took awhile for women to see any significant change, around week 6 to 8. My stomach doesn't seem smaller but maybe it's just week 2.

Best,

mona

• Wow, you look great!!! So sorry to hear about your husband, hope he's doing good. So nice to see that real people really get this result. I just can't wait to see my body change. Guess i'm going to have to trust that this is going to happen to me too, can't rush the result. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if i'm eating too much or not but I really do try to stick to the right combination plus portion and timing.

Thank you so much,

Ramona

• Hi Mona,

Not sure which "Deb" you were referring to, but Debs had amazing results!

I can tell you about my challenge...I, too felt stronger with more energy beginning around wk 2 (I started right before Christmas), took measurements and weighed every 4 wks so I wouldn't be upset with fluctuations in the scale...

It was probably after wk 8 measurements and weighing that I told myself, "this is working, keep at it, who knows where you will end up." At the end of 8 wks I had lost 13 pounds and about 10 inches.

I finished the challenge on 3/14 with 20# lost and 15 inches gone...During my 2 wks of Active Rest, I lost another 5# and 5 inches!

This challenge which I began this past Monday, I plan to lose at least 15 more pounds and tone up the midsection...

The key is to keep looking forward and FOCUS on your goals...this program works, you just gotta give it the time and dedication.

Hope this helps you out!

Oh, Mike Harris, BFL Champion has his own website-mikeharris.org where he has a Ladies Success Document which focuses on ladies who really didn't see changes until around wk 8. I printed it off and read it from time to time for inspiration!

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Oh hey DebbieMo, the first respond here  was for you.... How funny you both named Debbie.... both of you have great results. Thank you so much, guess i sorta heard about the result but cant' help but worry sometimes. Good luck with loosing another 15 pounds, i'm sure you'll do great. I'll check out the website you mentioned above.

Thank you so much,

Mona

• Thank you DebbieMo for referring the website, reading these women stories answered all my questions and more. I'm so excited now, I just forwarded the link to my family so they can feel good and not be discourage too.... we all are doing BFL.

Thank you thank you,

Mona

• You are quite welcome Mona!! If you can, print off the document...I like to read it during my workouts in between reps/sets...keeps me motivated!

This forum can also help keep you motivated, come back to it often for support; many post on the thread, "Faithful GBer's" or the "Coffee Crew" in the mornngs...

BFL is Awesome! You won't be disappointed if you believe in yourself and honor your promise to finish!!