Cardio question

• I did my first challenge cardio on my treadmill, but found by the end that I was wishing I had an alternate form of cardio to shake things up a bit.  I would love to have a video that I could follow, are there any that incorporate HIIT.  I thought maybe 30 day shred?  I work out at home at 5 am, so I am kind of limited.  Think I might see if I can find a used eliptical, but may run into space issues.  Any suggestions?  Just trying to start my planning for challenge 2.  Thanks!

• It has been awhile since i have done these videos (and way before BFL) but Barry's Bootcamp was a focused interval training video... very tough workout!

• I haven't seen any HIIT videos that switch up the intensity through 1 min. intervals- but I have heard of HIIT music. I had the same question- I too, only use treadmill which works great for me. I am also looking into buying an eliptical.

Let me know what you find!

Stacy Lynn

• I have a bowflex eliptical I bought on Craigslist for $80.00. I use a software program I found on the internet that allows you to build yor own HIIT workouts. you simply connect the laptop or desktop to the eliptical with a radio shack cable (3.5MM male to 3.5MM Male headphone jack) and run the program. it will time you, show your progress as well as adjusting the resistance of the eliptical unit. I have been using this routine for about 8 months and I am very happy with it. If you want you can include your own music or whatever to the routine to listen to while running. I find with the computer controlling the resistance and speed settings I can watch TV and still get a really great workout. All I have to do is on occasion look at the little guage to see if I am on pace for what the workout routing is calling for. I have since kicked this up to (6) 5 minute Intervals but this was the only screen print I had. If your Treadmill or eliptical works on beeps or has Ifit buttons than you can most likley use this too.

• That is so Cool!!  And it only cost you $80?? That's a steal! I think I might be visiting Craigslist!! Thanks for the info! :0)

Jill, check out craigslist and see if you can find one or get Legs' favorite, a Gazelle!!  Somebody else on here got a gazelle...

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• That is WHEY cool toddah! Thanks for sharing!

OhioDarcy got her Gazelle of Craigslist for $20. She laughed all the way home Im sure. What a deal.

• That's right it was Darcy, I couldn't remember who it was!! You all can have Gazelle races in the morning! lol!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I ended up buying a gazelle for $49 from Play it again sports and I can return it for any reason within 30 days, so if I decide I hate it, no harm done.  It feels pretty awkward, but I guess in time that feeling will go away.  

• WhooOOOOoo! I cant BELIEVE it!! This is WHEY cool. JillC - trust me, you'll love the change and the diversity of it. You can go easy, medium, hard - its all up to you.

***high 5's***

• Legs, I plan on having gazelle races with all of you.  Mine doesn't have any resistance (I guess some of them do) so I guess I will just have to go faster to hit those 10's!

• JillC,  I am looking for a used gazelle on CL.  There are 8 or so in my area.  Which one do you have?  I can't distinguish one model from another.  Do you wish you had one with resistance, or is it not really necessary?  Thanks!  Julie (in VA)

• Julie,  I just bought it today and really have no idea if I wish it had resistance.  I would think if you have the option of with resistance or without, I would get it with resistance as it can make your workout harder.  Mine is the gazelle edge, pretty basic, doesn't have any resistance.  I think the edge sells new for $99 on Amazon.  Good luck!

• Thanks Jill.  I will try to find one with resistance, just in case I want it.  

I think I already told you this, but your transformation has been incredible!!  Your pics on T.com look fabulous.  Great job.  Inspiring!

Enjoy the beautiful weekend!  Julie (in VA)

• My gazelle is called Gazelle Freestyle with NO RESISTANCE. Personally, I think to have resistance may increase knee problems for some. Trust me, by using all 4 limbs and going faster, changing positions - you will be sweating it up big time.