Zero Calorie Beverages ??

• I started today and it has been a great day!  I have a question on zero calorie beverages like Ice Tea and soda beverages with Splenda.  I see sweetener mentioned in my book as ok to add to oatmeal.  Curious what the take on the 0 calorie beverage is?

Thank you!  Looking forward to a transformational 12 weeks!

Doreen

• Diet sodas, crystal light, etc are not mentioned and are ok.  The problem is they tend to be triggers for crazy cravings for unauthorized foods.  You'll want to be aware of that and take note if you get them.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Diet sodas are ok? I was told that Diet sodas are worse than regular sodas do to all the artificial sweetners? Please correct me if im wrong

If you want it bad enough your willing to bleed to get it. I have. I will Continue to do so. Until I have what it is I desire.
  • Overall any soda is not good for you, however, the book nor the website doesn't say they are unauthorized.  IMHO, drink water.  It is way better for you and you'll feel a lot better.  It took me a month to get away from drinking soda and I do not miss it. :-)

• There's an article floating around the internet that someone once referenced here on this website a few months back.  It's titled, "The Connection Between MS And Aspartame" by Russell L. Blaylock, MD....

Google it.  

The article is just one argument why you don't want to drink soda.  Please don't get me wrong.  I still have one maybe once or twice a month if I'm out on a free day but I thought I'd share this for anyone who has concerns.

• Okay thanks

If you want it bad enough your willing to bleed to get it. I have. I will Continue to do so. Until I have what it is I desire.
  • Here is something I read online yesterday that I thought I would share.

To Help Your Weight Loss, Take Care of Your Thyroid

If you want to give a boost to your weight loss, you must watch your thyroid. I did not, for years I failed to pay attention to what I was doing to it. When I was doing my research, I discovered I was abusing my thyroid to no end. Of all the changes I made, perhaps the ones with the greatest impact were the changes I made for the benefit of my thyroid. Your thyroid gland controls your cellular metabolism for your body. Have a thyroid with low output, your daily caloric output is low, you gain weight easy, have a high output, you gain wait slowly, and a very high output can make it so you cannot gain weight to save your life. Scientists liken it to the body's thermostat, but gas-pedal seems to be a more accurate analogy.
    The first discovery I came across was the connection of aspartame to thyroid function, or I should say non-function. Yes, the artificial sweetener aspartame has been shown to negatively impact the production of the T3 hormone, the hormone that sets cellular metabolism. Aspartame is found in virtually all diet sodas and in many diet foods. This sucked for me, because I considered diet sodas like my last vice I could have, and now I found out drinking them was compromising my weight loss efforts. Nonetheless, I decided to experiment on myself. Drinking Splenda-based sodas and increasing water consumption, I eliminated aspartame from my diet. I credit many things for my success, but in reality, it was almost three days after I stopped taking aspartame that I began to drop serious poundage.
    Of course aspartame was not the only problem with my thyroid. Your thyroid needs two primary components to produce the T3 hormone; iodine and tyrosine. Iodine is an element, poisonous in its pure form, obtained mostly from seafood. I am not a big seafood fan, actually I hate seafood. Neither do I use salt, so I was not getting any iodized salt. Among my research, I also found out that old school body builders used kelp tablets, thyroid extract, and olive leaves to manage fat while they ate to gain muscle mass. Kelp supplies the iodine, while the thyroid extract and olive leaves are reported to boost thyroid output. So I added those supplements to my diet, and tyrosine as well (at the same time I quit aspartame). Tyrosine is an amino acid, chicken breasts contain huge amounts of tyrosine. Doctors in conventional medicine seem mock anything that does not pad the coffers of pharmaceutical companies, so most will tell you these substances will have no effect at all. My personal experience proves this is wrong. Using well known formulas for metabolism (I will elaborate on those later) along with calculations calories burnt from my training, the absolute best case, if I were 100% faithful to my plan - and I was not - I could only lose 3 pounds per week. If I cheated, I would only at best lose 2 pounds per week. I cheated on my plan and I still lost 6, and sustained that loss for six weeks. I find it impossible that I could lose that much per week, feel great, without those supplements having some contribution.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/