Busy mom starting Aug. 23

• Hi Guys!

I am a busy mom, teacher,  and graduate student and I have let myself go! I am starting the challenge on Monday 23 and would like to invite you to come along this journey with me.  My goal for C1 is to get below 200 lbs.  I weigh 217 on a good day, and I'm sick and tired of that dang Wii fit telling me I'm obese!!!

I have a busy schedule so finding time to working out will be a challenge...but I have a gym down the street and a stepper at home, so I don't have any excuses! Hope to hear from you! Melinda

• HI Melinda!

welcome! you can do this! (thinking*) ohhh to be 217! hehehe!!  My suggestion...meausre yourself....dont just weigh. That scale can be deceiving, and at times, discouraging.  You have to schedule those workouts like you would a DR appt...it just has to be a part of your day.  when I did it the first time, 8 years ago, I would be at the gym at 530 am and do 1.5 hrs (more than i should have) before my daughters woke up. and I was home in time to wake them up to go to school (they were 14 and 13), so not sure if thats something you can do if they are older.  for me, first thing in the morning worked...cuz there were no excuses nor distractions...no dinners to cook, or projects to finish...

at any rate...good luck on your journey!

Lisa

• Hi Melinda

I too intend to make Monday the 23rd my start date.  I stepped on the scales this morning and recorded 288 lbs, the biggest I've ever been & thought - it's time to get a grip & sort things out!  

Being self employed I've decided to start the working day after I've allocated time to the Gym.  The kids are on holiday from school for the next couple of weeks so I'll be able to make an early start before the school run starts again.

Good Luck

PJ

• Hi Melinda,

I am a single Dad who has let him self go and I am starting Monday as well.  I also work way too much and have found too many excuses Not to get in shape and as I look it, those days have to be over.  Being confident in ones self allows you to be that much better for the ones you love.

Let's all do this and show the world, who and what we can be.

JZ

• Hi All, I am starting the challenge on the 23rd also.  I completed a 12 week program in 2000 and the results were amazing for me.  I had stayed in maintenance for several years only gaining a little back here and there but would always goto the program strong to get back in shape when I needed to.  However, as we all know, life happens and I swayed quite a bit in the last 5 years.  

Melinda, I'm similar to your situation. Nice to hear someone with the same frustration and goals.  I'm so excited to get toned and back to my size 8 (or less, this time!) jeans.  I started getting my head straight realizing that I needed to do something to get back in shape.  I recently was about 218-220 but got down to 206 by walking/jogging/running over the last two months.  I can't wait to get back down to below 200 too!!  So, I know how you're feeling.  

The morning time, before your day begins, is definately the best time to get your workouts in.  Because you'll burn stored fat on an empty stomach and you'll get it done and out of the way.  No worries the rest of the day!  You have to plan your workout time with this program.  It's hard at first but you have to make yourself a priority and before you know it, the program will become a habit.  You'll feel so good (but sore) and energized once you get started.  I soooo miss that feeling!

It would be great for all of us starting on the 23rd to support and encourage each other throughout the 12 weeks.  So I look forward to chatting with you all again soon.

• Hey! I'm starting my second challenge on the 23rd :) Meant to start on the 16th but my body had different plans! Mainly, getting sick.

I started my first challenge with similar stats (even heavier, actually!) and I definitely made my goal of getting under 200 (ended at 95lbs)! I know you can do it too!  Good luck!!!!

• Hello Everyone, I am new to BFL and I am so excited to be able to gain my life back. I want to also like everyone here who is starting the 23rd to be under 200. My starting weight is 268. I'm a single mother of a 10 yr old. I let myself go for so long and now its time to take care of ME!.

I never had a weight problem until I got pregnant since then its been ups and downs but nomore of the past like BFL book says ..Future and Now is I am doin something about it!.

I'm so glad I am not alone in this journey I look forward to reading our success everyone! good luck and 23rd is our day ;o)

QueenzJade

"Pain is just weakness exiting your body,so keep it going"

• Well, I actually started LAST Monday, and had such a disastrous week,  that I really don't want to continue on a bad note.  Monday was great then Tuesday was good, then it all fell apart by Wednesday,  So, I'll be joining  your group.  Yes , as a busy mom who homeschools, and school starts tomorrow in the afternoon, I will be working out in the mornings. I have recently lost 30 pounds, but listening to the BODY FOR LIFE ON TAPE, Bill states that if you are pear shaped heavy, you will still be pear shaped after losing weight.  ( which i have experienced first hand :c) )

So I am ready to be 'TRANSFORMED" !

I don't have a WII and looks like I will not get one now! I have my stepper tape but no stepper. I am still gonna do  it though.

Great to meet everyone!

Melissa

• Aug. 23 is my start date too. I informally did the challenge one year ago with really good results. Now I am getting serious and taking it to the next level.  Looking forward to it!

BTW, I've been working out at 5:15 am for the last 12 months. Once you get it rolling, it's addicting.

• Hi Melinda and everyone else.  

This is also my first BFL challenge, my start date is August 23 and my goal is also to get below 200 pounds during this challenge.  I may have to adjust that though because I just stepped on the scale for the first time since May and I weigh 227 (20 pounds more than in May!).  I officially weigh twice as much as my husband now....It's time to get my life and my body back!  

I plan to workout in the mornings because there are no excuses and I can be sure to start the day out right by devoting time to my health.  I look forward to going on this journey with all of you.  We can do it!

MJ

• Hello all!

I plan on starting August 23rd also.  My daughter just got engaged and I am determined to not be this big at her wedding.  I have got to get back in shape.  I tried BFL once before I only made it to week 6 but the inches poured off.  Time it start again.  Glad this group is here.

• Hi all!

I am starting Aug 23rd too! I did this about 3.5 years ago, before my wedding. I was not as consistent as I should have been, but I did lose about 10 lbs. Life has since gotten the best of me and I have put quite a bit of weight back on. I had a baby in January and tried to get back into the gym the last few months, but I kept making excuses of why I couldn't/shouldn't go. At 5'3" and 194lbs, I am ready to get myself back into shape. I don't want to feel tired by 9pm every night or continue to eat when bored, anxious, frustrated, etc. I am ready to really dedicate the next 12 weeks to this program and hope to see some great results!

I'll be depending on this forum for some motivation and support and hope to do the same for you!

Best of luck to everyone!

• You guys are so motivational! Thank you! I'm gonna work out tomorrow at 5:15, I went grocery shopping already as well! I'm new to the forum...so do we just keep responding to this thread?

• You look awesome Corinne! Congrats on your accomplishment, and in such a short time!

• Hey everyone, good luck tomorrow. I'm starting as well. T- seven hours until I'm up and at 'em. Goodnight and goodluck!

kyle