Week 3 Need Some Help!!!! Please!!

• I started my very first challenge on August 1, 2010. I haven't missed a workout and I have been hitting my 10's regularly. My one downfall is eating. I think i am doing pretty well but I'm not for sure. I would like some input of what I should cut out and maybe some things I could add to help me out. Maybe I'm eating too much? Not enough protein? Too many carbs? Please help!!!!! I am trying to do my very best at this!!!

Example of two days of my eating:

Meal 1: myoplex lite shake

Meal 2: 1 apple, 1tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 3: ground turkey with brown rice and 1 yogurt

Meal 4: Zoneperfect bar

Meal 5: grilled chicken, spinach, asparagus

Meal 6: Chocolate Whey Shake with 1tbsp natural peanut butter for after workout

Meal 1: Zoneperfect Bar

Meal 2: 6in turkey *** sub on flatbread with lettuce,tomatoes,pickles,olives, and ranch

Meal 3: Apple, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 4:Chopped brisket, baked beans, catelope

Meal 5: Myoplex lite shake for after workout

Any advice would be great!! Thanks,

Danielle

• Danielle,

First of all a big congratulations for making it to week 3!

I am a male so I eat a bit differently but here is my opinion. Maybe some of the female BFLers will chime in as well.

It looks to me like you are avoiding carbs. Each meal should have equal amounts of protien and carbs. The guidline for women is 20g of protien per meal and 20g of carbs per meal. Veggies don't truly count as a carb portion unless they are potatoes/sweet potatoes/yams. So in meal 5 on your first day chicken, spinach and asparagas are great choices but you need to add some brown rice or ww pasta or sweet potato.

I am not sure about the apple and penut butter. In my opinion an apple is better paired with a can of tuna or other source of protien.

I would also suggest saving bars for an emergency and not have them as a regular part of your daily meals. Bars are often high in sugar.

On this site under 'library' and then 'tools' you can find a list of authorized foods: protein, carbs and veggies. Simply pick one from each colum and you have a complete meal.

Really try to get that 6th meal in as well. I skipped a lot of meals during my first challenge and it hurt my progress. It wasn't until I fit in that final meal (usually cottage cheese dry curds and yogurt and often within an hour of bedtime) that I really saw some amazing progress.

Don't forget to drink lots of water. More than you think you need.

It took me a good two months to figure out the BFL eating. It can be hard to change our thinking but let me assure you stick to the BFL plan, 6 meals a day spaced 2.5 - 3 hours apart with equal protein and carb, at least two of them with lots of veggies, and you will be amazed with the results.

You are doing great!! Keep going and enjoy the journey!

Orrin

• Thank you so much for the help!!! I'm cutting out the bars except for emergencies and i'll add some carbs. I can't really get the 6th meal in right now because I usually get up a little later since it is summer but I think once classes start back i'll be able to get it in.

Thanks again,

Danielle

• Thanks so much for your reply Orrin. I haven't been eating 6 meals so will change that. I also haven't been eating enough starchy foods so I'll try adding them in. It's easy to get into certain patterns of eating that might seem healthy but deviate from the program. This has been really helpful.