Workouts??

• I have the book and the exersice packets, but I am wondering a few things.

The first question is do I have to do the UBW in any certain order?  I see the daily fitness guide has the order chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps.  I see on a different page that I thought I had read, it was a different order?  Any help/clarification would be great.

The second question is in regards to eating.  I am not starting until 8/9/10.  I plan to do both cardio and weights in the early morning hours.  I know that when I do cardio, I need to wait an hour before eating.  My question is in regards to the whole lifting thing.  I know that I should eat a shake after working out (30 min after I believe), but how does that effect the rest of my meals?  How long after that should I eat my 1st solid food meal?  I hope that makes sense.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

• Hi Steve,

You do the exercises in order from largest muscle group to smallest.

So UBWO is:  Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps

LBWO is: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves, Abs

RE eating... You should intake protein within 30 minutes post workout.  Personally I also intake protein PRE-lifting workout.  It counts as a meal.  So for me on lifting days I have meal 1 pre workout, meal 2 post workout, meal three about 2 hours after that.

Congrats on making the decision and good luck!

• 2.5-3 hours between meals

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Unless  you are going for A LOT of weight loss, have some carbs before the workout.  Small piece of apple.   Count it along with your post shake as meal 1.  

The body needs some carbs to burn during lifting.

10's in exercise and nutrition = 10's in life

• I am not sure if it matters, but both The original BFL book and BFL The Success Journal have the upper body work out in the following order:

Chest, Shoulders, Back, Triceps, Biceps

As for eating, I do have a protien shake within 1/2 hour on lifting days. On those heavy lift days after a shake I do find that I am ready for my next meal about 2 hours later. For every other meal 3 hours in between is perfect for me. Listen to your body.

All the best with your challenge

Orrin