Australian BFLers here!

• I had my weigh in yesterday and in total I've lost 5kg overall. I have lost 25 cm in total from my body. I'm quite happy with that, but hoping to lose 5 more in these last 4 weeks!

How's everyone else doing?

• Hey! Im also from Australia, from Sydney :)

I recently read BFL and im about to start on the 12 weeks, so excited! Hows it all coming along for you?

Nutrition is a tricky one.. all logical thinking seems to go out the wndow when we're extremely hungry. As long as you have the 6 meals a day you should remain satisfied and not binge. Trust me: One thing i've learnt from dieting is that it may taste good at the time but afterwards it eats away at you- so to speak. you feel so insanely guilty its just not worth it. food is just food.

I have a general question.. are you using the exercises Bill provided in the book or your own?

Belinda

• Hey, I just want to wish you good luck on this program. It's getting to be a smaller world isn't it? I started the program today. I need to find a personal trainer. I found most people I talk to has never heard of this program. I was shocked. Bill Phillips products are everywhere. His book was a best seller, yet it's still hard to find a trainer that knows the program. Consider yourself luckiy.

I would enjoy working with you on this. Perhaps your trainer can give me some tips, warnings and suggested favorite meals.

I decided to do this program last Thursday and I had to get a gym pass, protein mix, creatine, Hydocut and boneless chicken breasts. I have to find out what is right for me with cardio and weights. I took a photo of me and downloaded that kit. I should have got more of a head start. I will let you know how I am doing.

I was in Sydney and Brisbane back in July 1983. Loved it there! Always considered moving there.  Melbourne, Cairns, and Perth is where I want to go in the next couple of years. Just got done with a book on Australia too. Enjoyable.

• G'day all!

I've completed 3 BFL challenges, first with a PT in a gym, last two by myself at home.  I'm currently in a "4th", although more as a "commitment thing" rather than a full blown challenge.  I'm so excited as I'm attending the BODY FOR LIFE TENNESSEE CHAMPS WEEKEND in October this year and meeting up with lots of wonderful friends I've made through this site for the past year and a half.  Your lives will be changed forever if you do this and do it as close to the book as possible.

I have a sheet at home that has some of the Aussie brand products and a great food carb/prot/cal chart as well, that may help you make your meals up if any of you are interested - just email me using my home address which is on my profile page.

Pocket_Rocket - that is so bazaar! my first challenge I signed up on the old BFL Tracker website and that was my name - on the Bill Phillips Transformation.com site my name is Pocket! haha!  I'm 5'2 - weighed 153lb (69.4kg) when I started - lost 9kg in C1, 4.5 in C2 (I think, been a while) and another few in C3 - the more muscle you get and the longer you do this, the less the scales change, but your body does.  I finished my last Challenge on the 22nd Feb this year and have maintained pretty much since - sitting at around 56kg and size 8 Aussie pants (4 in America) - so I'm not buff like I was.

Wishing you all the best!

Cheers!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• I'm from Toowoomba near Brisbane.  I'm currently on day 47 (week 7, day 5).  I'm now seeing results and getting comments.  My hubby is doing BFL too.  Love to talk to other Aussie Mozzies!

Body for LIFE, not body for 12 weeks!

• Lisac -

I did BFL 10 years ago (I'm in week 8 after such a long gap of which I am terribly ashamed of).  I didn't actually DO anything particularly different in the last 4 weeks of the first challenge, but that was when the magic happened.  I think your body just starts burning more fat as your muscles become stronger.

I see that I'm replying to an August post, but I thought it was a really good question.

• Hi all you Aussies and other BFLers,

I'm Lu from Melbourne, Victoria, but I live in Las Vegas.

I've been on the BFL program for 2 weeks now and doing great - and have been mostly great.  I already feel different around my mid section.

My best friend had done the program previously with great results and so he kindly offered to train me.  Unfortunately after today, I won't have him training me any longer.  I am still learning the program and so would like to buddy up with someone to either - train me a few days a week or buddy up with me and do the workouts with me early morning.  I live in the Seven Hills area and am a member of the LVAC.

Is there anyone out there who can help me or who wants to buddy up with me?  I will not fail, I need to do this.

Lu

• You will find a lot of personal trainer and gym programs are very similar to the Body for Life program.

Same food with modifications. 10 to 16 week duration.  5 to 6 meals a day with lots of water and a similar training regiment.  

This program was light years ahead for its time and is as good today as the day it was written.

• I agree with Flip Flop - this program is the only one that has worked for me.  I love that you work hard all week and get a day to vege out and have treats and you still get fantastic results.  I recommend this program to everyone :-)

• Hi all, just wanted to ask that we can all send a prayer for those who are missing after the recent floods in South Queensland to be found safe and well and for the end of this natural disaster.  Sorry, I know it's off-topic.