What do you eat??

• I would like to know what you eat in addition to the bars and shakes. I am planning on having a bar and a shake everyday but would like to have some ideas for the other four meals.  I understand a protein and carb - just curious about choices people make that have worked for them.  Thanks!

• Cottage cheese and fruit.93% lean ground beef,ww pasta and italian diced tomatoes.3-4 oz. lean sirloin, sm. ykon gold potato and steamed broccoli. Salmon ( wild caught canned salmon, egg, 4 crackers and green onion)patties, sm. sweet potato w/ cinnamon and peas.Tuna salad w/light miracle whip and whole grain crackers. One egg and one egg white, cayenne pepper, onion scrambled on two small  tortillas (80 cal) with salsa. Special K / protein and strawberries. Old fashioned oatmeal with blueberries and nuts. Tuna or grilled chicken over a salad. Sandwiches with lean meat, one slice of bread and lots of veggies.Chicken tacos on ww tortillas. Beef jerky and popcorn or low fat cheez-its for snacks.(I quit smoking and have that munchie thing going.)Veggies, veggies,veggies

• Winner54...that is exactly what I needed to read...thank you for taking the time to post all of that.  It sounds like you have a nice selection of foods that you eat...that is what I am looking for...otherwise I don't know that I can do it after the 12 week challenge.  Thanks!

• I don't eat bars unless I'm on the road somewhere and can't stop for a meal.  I carry one in my purse at all times for that purpose.  

Here’s something that is important to remember…there is a difference between portion sizes and serving sizes; they are not the same.  You want to do portion sizes.

You want to be sure to eat six small meals per day spaced 2-3 hours apart six days per week (20 grams carbs, 20 grams protein, 1 cup per serving vegetables.  You must eat 1 portion of protein + 1 portion of carbs at each meal and a portion of vegetables for at least 2 meals).

Here is a basic guide for portioning:  Protein = the size of YOUR palm w/o the fingers (no one else’s).  Carb = the size of YOUR fist (some might say generally 1/2 cup).  Vegetables = what fits in YOUR cupped hand or 1 cup per serving.

During the work week my meals are pretty simple because of my commute mostly and it’s hard to sometimes take the time at my desk to stop and really eat something.  Here was my usual schedule and meals.  Keep in mind that I work out first thing in the morning.  In doing that, you want to eat 1 hour after cardio and within 30 minutes on weight days.

Meal 1 (breakfast) - 6 a.m. - Myoplex Lite RTD

Meal 2 (morning snack) - 9 a.m. - Cottage Cheese (Breakstone’s) little containers & Yogurt

Meal 3 (lunch) - 12 p.m. - Turkey with Lettuce, Tomato and Mustard on a Whole Wheat Wrap and Carrots

Meal 4 (afternoon snack) - 3 p.m. - Myoplex Lite RTD

Meal 5 (dinner) - 6 p.m. – Salmon, Brown Rice and Broccoli

Meal 6 (night snack) - 9 p.m. - Cottage Cheese (Breakstone’s) little containers (and then go right to bed)

It is recommended to not have more than 2 shakes a day.  Personally it worked to keep it at 1 or 2 as my digestive system preferred that. ;-)

Forget about what you heard/read about eating late.  Because of the workouts we do and the eating and drinking water…eating a protein before bed is not a problem as it helps with the fat burning while you sleep and you don’t wake up hungry.  I do it and it’s not a problem.

Hope this info helps.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• so I just have to share my new addiction!

Taco Bell inpired:)

2 whole wheat tortillas (50 cals/10 carbs each)

4 oz of turkey

2 pieces of FF cheese (Swiss!)

I make a taco like sandwhich, heat it up and SNORT!!!

It's SOOO good!

I put the tortilla down then the cheese then the other tortialla then the turkey, wrap taco like and eat:)

Just HAD to share!

I also eat a lot of chicken/tuna salad with WW pasta and sugar free relish...FF mayo

I usually stuff sweet peppers with my salad

Also, the protein pudding and cottage cheese mixed with yogurt works well for me:)

Happy Eating:)

E'dy

I am not getting any younger so I need to be my BEST TODAY!

• Just curious, what are using to make your chicken or tuna salad?

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!