Can't afford myoplex

• Hi my name is Jenny. I'm 22 years old, 4'11 and 140 lbs. My goal weight is 120 in 12 weeks, just in time for my wedding in July. I have been working out and dieting for the past two months now and have lost 8 lbs. I just recently bought the body for life book because I wasn't seeing results as fast as I would have liked. So, I decided to start the challenge with my fiance Andy yesterday. Andy has just graduated from college and is in the dreadful period of finding a job. I work full time at Blockbuster and only make enough to cover our bills, groceries, and gym every month. In all the meal plans and success stories that I have viewed, myoplex is the  main supplimental component. I went to the store today and saw that four myoplex shakes was almost $7 and the bars $2 each. There's no way that I can afford one shake and bar everyday for 12 weeks! I'm sure they work fantastically but I was wondering if there was a more affordable suppliment out there that I could use and still meet my goal in 12 weeks. Also, is the myoplex lite in powder a form a better investment if I am trying to save money?  Every now and then I will eat a LUNA bar, which is a nutrient suppliment for women but I don't think it's helping me build lean muscle. The cost of the suppliments is my only setback. :( I want so very badly to complete this challenge and show everyone, including myself, that I can do it!  Someone please help!

• J-

I visit a Grocery Outlet store and buy a few other brand high protein bars, they are less expensive,( may not meet all BFL standards but are affordable and tasty). I usually just make "planned overs" when cooking as I prefer real food vs bars and shakes. Just make extra eggs, chiken, etc so it is ready at mini meal time.

good luck, kat

Squats

• G'day Jenny!  

Bars - are not a great option for you anyway - only as an emergency to stop you buying junk instead - so keep away from them.  You don't need to use any shakes or bars if you don't want to - I didn't use them in my first challenge at all, what I did use was pure protein powder (EAS has a brand, but there are plenty of them out there).  You mix the powder with water and have a "carb" such as an apple after or you can put it in your oats to have with breakfast, it's just an easy way of getting protein that you need.

If you use "real food", it will actually cost you more because you are eating so often - most of the people on here I have seen buy the powder or the shakes from either Sams, or one of the on line companies to get them at the cheapest. Here are a few links for you:

www.a-z-nutrition.com

www.abbottstore.com

www.allstarhealth.com

www.bodybuilding.com

www.dpsnutrition.com

www.fitrx.com

www.netrition.com

www.supplementwarehouse.com

PS/ This is not a program where you will see "quick" results (especially women) - it is 12 weeks, most women don't see scale changes, but see measurements change until week 8 and beyond, you need to change your thinking otherwise you could be disappointed and give up right when it's going to happen for you.

Cheers!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Hi Kat!  Where are you upto in your challenge? Are you week 5 of your first challenge?

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Cottage Cheese is a great protein.  Or look around at your local stores for the 5 lb bags of EAS protein.  I can find these for a decent price in our area and just use a muti vitamin.  

• Thanks for all your help everyone. Dannewi, I love cottage cheese! Seems like everyone on here is obsessed with cottage cheese lol. In the past couple months of dieting on my own without following a plan, I realized how self-disciplined I actually am. I found myself overeating all the time though. The body for life challenge meal plans are much more strict. Already I have learned so much about proper nutrition. I have decided to take the myoplex lite powder packets. I hope this works for me. I also saw a big bottle of whey protein for only 10 bucks  but i'm not sure if it's right for me. I saw that it had creatine in it and I was wondering if creatine would make me bulk. I definately don't want to bulk up. And Aussie-Deb, I will try and stay away from those bars!  :p

• Jenny-Congrats on starting your challenge and your upcoming wedding!!

Not sure if you would like this, but my meal 6 is NF cottage cheese and NF yogurt mixed together, I just mix it, but have blended it before using a magic bullet type thing-was kinda like a thick smoothie!

I drink a Myoplex lite every morning for my M2 and then use the protein powders for afternoon meal. Debs listed websites below for cheaper supplements-I have used allstarhealth and they are pretty affordable. I have also heard good things about bodybuilding.com

Best wishes as you continue your journey with your fiance'!!!!! :0)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I like the bars for throwing in my diaper bag in case I get into a situation I need food for, also for sugar cravings.  I boughts some of the myoplex light and I am not impressed, especially with how expensive it is.  I prefer a good whey protein, and then just adding milk or fruit for the carbs.  Also some of the cheaper ones don't taste as good and then you may be forcing yourself to drink it rather than enjoying it.  You can also do without supplements it just takes a little more planning. 

• hi Jenny 23

Im just starting the challenge also andbeing recently divorced i dont have the extra money for the supplements either for the whole 12 weeks my pay is up and down and varies. But I did however find the EAS products at walmart and they were pretty reasonable. I got protien mix for $10 bucks and the lil shakes pk of 4 are $ 5 and the large shakes in the bottle were $8 the vitamins themselves might be out of reach for me for this journey but at least I know i can get some of the products when i can for pretty decent.

Hope this helps,

• hi Jenny 23

Im just starting the challenge also andbeing recently divorced i dont have the extra money for the supplements either for the whole 12 weeks my pay is up and down and varies. But I did however find the EAS products at walmart and they were pretty reasonable. I got protien mix for $10 bucks and the lil shakes pk of 4 are $ 5 and the large shakes in the bottle were $8 the vitamins themselves might be out of reach for me for this journey but at least I know i can get some of the products when i can for pretty decent.

Hope this helps,

• I've been eating the Advant-edge bars from EAS.  Do you think they are not good to consume everyday?  

• Burnanfirm, just make sure there are matching carbs/protein.  I believe the advant-edge are low carb so you will need to add a small piece fruit with it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks for that!  I love them!!!